PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) lovely sunny day (though cold in the wind). Got washing dry easy peasy
    2) all 3 children home for weekend. Shop £52 but bought loads
    3) took dogs for walk to wool shop with delivery of polish vodka (she never takes a penny for tea / coffee and we have plenty). Jarvis' collar broke on the way eek but managed to loop lead without strangling him
    4) wool shop owner invited us in. She has a spaniel and is potty about dogs. The boys were very fussed and had a lovely time. I phoned dd2 who was in town near the pet shop
    5) dd2 bought both dogs new collars (figured bilbo's may soon break since same age). Then she and i went up to mum's for tea. We had an italian night and watched sicily unpacked. Now knitting penultimate square - i heart heart DW
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad your mood has lifted LFSxx

Supersaver - good luck with the job application xx I'm in the middle of trying to complete a badly formatted application form at the moment; it's driving me mad (because I know that I could make the form much more user-friendly for all future applicants, but I doubt the county council could afford my consultancy fee, lol ;) )

Yay for bumblebee rescuers, I'm honoured to say I'm one too, I never kill a creature unless I really have to (mosquitos are an exception!).

Frith - hope the wedding of the year has been a beautiful occasion xx

1. Sunshine....well, ish....but I have to take my pleasures where I can!

2. DD had a brilliant day with her old best friend, and was so sweet when she told me how she'd advised OBF who is having a few minor friendship issues now DD isn't at school with her. Bless her xxxxx

3. I bought a silicone baking sheet in a pound shoppe :) More preps for the big move, as and when.....

4. Found out that my brotherkins is the generous one who has been buying up lots of goodies from my wish list!

5. Parentkins will be very generous in a different way for my birthday present (not until next week, I'll have no surprises at all!!), roll on getting a quote from the carpenter!!

6. Egg and chips for dinner, nomnomnom.

7. Had the big TV all to myself for an hour tonight! (The first time in months that I've actually watched a programme that I, alone, wanted to!!) It was rather blissful.....

8. DD and I sang along to the CD of her prospective Grade 1 piano exam music! :)

9. I'm attempting to apply for a teaching post at a school I'd rather like to work at. If I don't lose the will to live at laboriously copy & pasting, then reformatting 20 years' worth of jobs into the form, please wish me luck that they'll read past the first page!!

10. Played cards with mummykins this afternoon, we even got the matches out to do some gambling :):)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    SS/CCP another one who loves humbly bumblies, they make me think of lazy days of summer :)
    LFS I do the lottery when I remember which is not very often! I'm pleased you feel a little calmer, even if it doesn't resolve the issue
    SS adding my good luck wishes to the others
    Kittikins good luck to you too, with your application
    Frith re the fencing issue, as & said you can't let this happen, he has absolutely no right to push the boundaries (pun not intended) like that. The sooner you get it sorted out the less messy it will be

1. nsd/npd
    2. more bedding planted out, the number is slowly going down
    3. the long bed will be planted with perennial shrubs to cut down on future work. Am enjoying trying to decide what to plant, but so many choices, so little space!
    4. Made a delicious broccoli and Stilton soup and a small pizza from the bottom of the fridge, and a huge rice pud to drop off at the hostel tomorrow
    5. DD has invited me to Easter Day dinner tomorrow, the third meal out in a week. Not complaining, and I don't even have to offer to wash up as they have a dishwasher ;)

Sweet dreams :)
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 April 2014 at 12:19AM
    Options
    Quick pleasures at the end of a long day!

1) A lie in.

2) Baked beans on toast for lunch.

3) Sons looking good in their suits and I think my dress was OK too.

4) The wedding! Nice Quakers who outlined the service for us then (took an hour) 5 of them stood up to say things or read poems or passages out.

5) Tea and cakes in the gardens around the Meeting House afterwards.

6) A lot of moving of cars/people but we managed to get it right and drive to the hotel (for sister and husband tonight) and wait there for my dad who had driven their car over for them. We then all got it wrong and merrily drove to the reception, leaving mum and brother at home!!!

7) Lovely to see Dad's sister and husband (from Yorks) and mum's sister and husband (from the US). We actually see the US ones more often than the Yorks ones.

8) Food! Salmon en croute then profiteroles and the cake made from cheeses. :-)

9) The caller for the barn dance was the world's creepiest man. :-/ I had seen him put the microphone down and yell to one of the band about one of my sister's friends. :-S He was a pain in the neck, pulling and pushing people into the right places during the dance.

Then he made the mistake of grabbing my wrist and grabbing it tighter when I tried to pull away (this mid-dance!!) I then prised his fingers off and glared at him and said "Thank YOU!!" I imagined anyone watching would think me a bit over sensitive but new sister in law said "What was that man doing? I would have punched him!"

10) Just got home and smaller son is asleep (can't hear bigger son so perhaps he is too). In bed myself now ready to go back to the village hall tomorrow morning and put the tables away.

Photo carefully not revealing anyone's identity to follow....
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 April 2014 at 9:07PM
    Options
    No more spilt milk guess DD is going to lap it up tomorrow.& Raffles is just being a Tom. He cames home this morn wet through and nit is not raining. Still ripped the hand that feeds him, sometimes. BoPsie attempted to brush him. The brush is dead! Gaps being filled. Gruesome. No, that is BoP. Yous lot not aloud to be gruesome. Sparra gone haresome! Blooming Dr C! Pineapple fritters. Not made the BoP food list for years. Chic Chics. Always search, insurance has apparently come down. New Drawers, as nan would say!

Nows I grow tatties between my toes. That's Gruesome!

Pleasures.

5 Completed a level on the Shark game, it only took 8 months. Shark On.

4 Snorker rolls today for lunch, with good old fashioned toe nailed onions

3 Not ones to brag, but got a first in the image of the year, would have had second as well, but the image does not project ok, so a first, two commended instead.

First!
    vy9t1v.jpg

Second, but relegated to commended!!!!
    2h7pjdg.jpg

Commended
    25zi9o7.jpg

2 We is doing note!

1 has risen.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Bravo BoP xx :)
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 April 2014 at 9:28PM
    Options
    That's odd. Yesterday's post is no longer here.
    #
    bop - I so admire anyone who can 'do' photography. Yes, I know it's your field, profession and Bel Art, but I still envy anyone's mastery of, and passion for, this[or any]skill. Any good results[rare]are pure luck on &'s part.
    Frith - yours are always good, so let's have that WOTY one asap, as soon as you've done The Fence.:p.

1. Car loaded with tables, cloths, bags of bags, etceteras, ready for Vic's carboot in aid of Mara tmrw. We go South, with Vic's OH's Uncle's house clearance. I am there to be evil, heavy, mercantile, adding 0000's and being generally bossy and nasty:-) This is &'s special skill! I know the game from both sides: they don't.

2. Lent is over. 1st coffee and 2 butter-slathered HC buns before 0800h Communion, then major power cut. Process of elimination finds m/w has died. 25+yrs old, so fair do's and another one can wait until June.

3. Despite entire absence of talent, & photographed all 5 Benefice Churches Easter Story installations. Ended up at another Service, 11h, thinking to support academic stand-in for another taken ill with heart attack late last night. Wonderful organist.

4. Fell asleep to Cazalets omnibus hier soir. Still trying to catch up with Jimmy Perez.

5. Long good talk with France hier.

6. Duck à l'orange for demain[after [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE]&'s fashion]roasting as we speak and mmmmmm!!! .... you can smell it from there, can't you Raffles?

7. Think I'll go and have some choc.cake and coffee, says she nonchalantly. Required entrÉe for Pascal leg steaks.

Early bed feels called for. Did sth to lower right back when collapsing about Drama Queen-style the other day. Have been trying to self-cure, but t'aint working. Feel ghastly at necessity of rtn to Dr before I go, but will have to - cases to lug etc. Lots of cry-out pain at times atm.

dumti-dumti-dumti-dum Kirsty really IS dumti - I find her irritating. Also most annoying, as is predictably set-up storyline, is Borsetshire Land takeover oick mgr vs Adam.

8. At least a Grand Hoorah! 'cos The Now Show is back.

ss1000 - I set super-zaps with last night's Send button for happy new job success to you. I wonder if that's where my post ended up? - on new employer's desk, with golden fairy dust spelling out YOUR NAME:j Yes, yes - it is so.:D

broomstick - nearly moved in? It feels good, even from here.

Lady bopsie - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0414qvb
    In the charity shop, Fran counts and checks all the pieces in the donated board games, but are the scrabble tiles trying to tell her something?

9. Toulon-46 Perpignan-31 - and Parce Que Toulon set sail!
    http://www.varmatin.com/rct/debarquement-rouge-et-noir-a-barcelone-pour-perpignan-toulon.1655555.html
    'A l'abordage ! Près d'un millier de supporters du RCT, partis vendredi en bateau pour assister au match Perpignan-Toulon à Barcelone, ont d!barqu! ce samedi matin en terre catalane.
    >> VIDEO. 1.200 Toulonnais embarquent pour suivre le RCT à Barcelone'
    Classement:
    1Toulon
    2Montpellier
    3Clermont
    -Racing=
    5Castres etc.
    #
    Est-ce possible? Pour Jonny, le brennus? Pilou pilou-www. video/x1pmxd0_rugby-rct-le-pilou-pilou-sur-la-rambla_sport
    [Well, it works eventually when you lose the !!!!]
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• lovefullshelves
    Options
    1. No easter eggs for me :D
    2. i did a brilliant impersonation of sleeping beauty today. Woke up after 9, then fell asleep for 2 hours this afternoon. I may have done a little too much yesterday!
    3. My homemade firelighters actually light, yay!
    4. Another £1 zombie film:) oooh it was bad!
    5. Did a little handsewing :)
    BoP - they are jolly good photos :D
    Frith - well done for not ripping creepy mans arm off :D (far too many zombie films watched this week!)
    Birthday tomorrow :) I shall be 47 :) yay!
    2013 NSD 100. CC2014CC- £31.50/£135
    2014 NSD 86 so far - May 20/21
    2014 G/C spend £741.55 so far May £107.99/£91
    Debt Free - 30.05.13 Emergency tin - £1000
    June 23 - 9NSD
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 April 2014 at 10:10PM
    Options
    Hammer hyde bop everyone else has!
    1) messiah on iplayer then
    2) beautiful easter mass at the cathedral with bubbles and canape after then
    3) all 3 children home for lunch. Mum came too and we had easter from kings in the background. Sublime. Short sit in the sun in the garden then
    4) evensong with dd2 and more bubbles and more canapes
    5) now watching quartet with the girls. (Ds's more into batman)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Kittikins
    Options
    1. DD loved her egg hunt, and my position as lovely mummy was confirmed as they were Lindtt eggs and bunnies.

2. Have found another job to apply for, even more local than the first.

3. Bought DD a duvet for when we move, good old bay of eeee!

4. Received a lovely FBmessage from a chum I've not spoken/emailed in ages.

5. 3 more books ready to go to el charity shop next week. I am determined to try and be vaguely minimalist when we move ;) (especially with our proximity to the lovely library!)

6. 'Movie night' was moved to this afternoon instead as DD was far too tired after her fun with her OBF yesterday to sit up and watch - nonsense but lovely cuddles with DD and silliness with everyone during the adverts.

7. DD has very kindly said that when we are in our own place, I'll be able to choose the film for 'movie night'! I never seem to have a say here...not the end of the world, I'm quite easy-going.

8. DD, daddykins and I chuckled our way through the Morecambe & Wise programme this evening :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure