12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• tatabubbly
    Options
    Moneypenney, well done on the purchases! I can't wait to get majority of stuff next week back in Ireland, I've only 22 weeks now to go and I'm starting to get pretty excited.

Thanks for the info on bras as well ladies, I'll be using that as well. I wanna keep my boobies in middling shape. I did tell my OH he will be forking out to get em fixed once babies are all done with! lol
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • moneypenny21
    Options
    I really can't believe how fast it's going. It dragged with DC1 I was pregnant April to December so felt like the whole year whereas k think Christmas broke it up this time!

I am doing well with SWorld tata, not 100% but done significantly better with eating than I have in a long time which is what matters!
  • Gelly123
    Options
    Hey ladies, hope you're all keeping well? I've been checking in a bit but not had masses of time free to post so thought I'd best catch up now I've got 5 mins to myself.

Skint - sorry to hear you've also head terrible itching - it's blooming horrible isn't it. Has it got any better for you now?

I was prescribed Piriton and to be honest, it has got considerably better but I am still scratching daily just nowhere near as bad.

Due to see the Rheumatologist tonight at the Spire and hope he can confirm that it's the medication I'm on for the auto immune problem, that's been causing these issues. When I saw him last, he did mention about possibly reducing the dosage but having got to 20 weeks (tomorrow), I can't help but think this is our miracle drug and would worry about reducing it now. Can't bear to think of losing her at this stage.

We've also started to pick up a few little things incl a Dr Browns bottle and steriliser kit (I do plan to breast feed but can't hurt to have them just in case) and also a nappy bin which we've been told by friends is an absolute godsend and currently on special offer at Mothercare.

Gelly
    x
    Married Sept '09, Me - 38, OH - 40, TTC since Nov '12
    4 previous MC's, 6 babies lost so far :A
    The proudest mummy - July 2016 xxx
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hate the nappy bin.. why would anyone want a bin full of stinky nappies in their house? bag it and fling it outside.. the bins do honk!

Gelly.. I'd rather itch for another 5 years than risk losing the baby now! I totally get that.

I just braved the scales.. I'm actually not doing too awfully, I've heaped on 1 stone 5lb .. not on target for the 5 stone I managed before! I was just over 14st when Pixie arrived.. so hopefully I won't get that fat this time.. 15 weeks max. left ..

I need to sort a list of toiletries and stuff we need.. and nappies.. and I must sort my pig sty bedroom to make room for the basket!.. The thought makes me lose the will to live!

I'm fed up of being tired and fed up of feeling unwell.. 7 months is too much...

I am feeling a bit sensitive.. OH hasnt been near me since before we found out about the inhabitant.. he was miserable but ok with the other 3 but he simply won't touch me this time.. but hes not miserable.. its making me feel really attractive and loved as you can imagine!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I really need a decent bra. I'm still getting awful upper back ache, and I'm convinced it's to do with not having a correctly fitting/supportive enough bra. No Bravissimo near me sadly :( I think my best option is going to be Debenhams. I already tried both Mothercare and M&S, and as others have stated, they were rubbish!

Skint - I'll see you on the other thread real soon! I hope the itching eases soon.

I've only had the occasional bout of it, and it seems to be linked to my skin stretching for me. Although oddly, the last bout was focussed mainly on the right side, and itched all down the inside of my right leg, to my knee. Now the same is happening, but on the left side instead. Weird!

I've booked my one NHS antenatal class, for 4th May. Wondering if the other classes available (such as NCT) are worth paying for or not?
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    I also need to look at bra fitting, it's on the list.

I am fed up of feeling like carp, my ear still hurts and today I have a headache which won't shift. Last time I couldn't shift a headache it turned into a 3 day migraine. I do not have time for that!

I am off work tomorrow. We are going to the rugby in the evening, then Sat am we are off to Portsmouth for a wedding. The 3hour journey there should be fun! As should sober rugby and a sober Naval wedding!! :rotfl:. We are taking OH's children with us to the wedding, which will be nice and at least I can talk to them whilst everyone else gets drunk! We are staying in hotel and coming back the next day. I went to uni in Portsmouth so it will be nice to see my old haunts. Just hope I don't feel too carp and tired.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Today, OH has come home early from work, gonna make some HM pizzas and garlic bread and head on a cinema date :)

Felt baby's first kick the other night which was special, this morning I was laying in bed chatting to bump (as you do ;) ) and baby kicked as well.

Planning on having a lazy weekend, need to find myself some travel socks as I'm flying long haul to Ireland on Tuesday. I've managed to snag myself an upgrade to business as well, delighted as its a long journey when your on your own and a bit of comfort is nice.
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    I really need a decent bra. I'm still getting awful upper back ache, and I'm convinced it's to do with not having a correctly fitting/supportive enough bra. No Bravissimo near me sadly :( I think my best option is going to be Debenhams. I already tried both Mothercare and M&S, and as others have stated, they were rubbish!

Skint - I'll see you on the other thread real soon! I hope the itching eases soon.

I've only had the occasional bout of it, and it seems to be linked to my skin stretching for me. Although oddly, the last bout was focussed mainly on the right side, and itched all down the inside of my right leg, to my knee. Now the same is happening, but on the left side instead. Weird!

I've booked my one NHS antenatal class, for 4th May. Wondering if the other classes available (such as NCT) are worth paying for or not?

I did NCT with my first baby, was really nice to meet other couples in the same situation/life stage as we didn't have many local non-work friends. We're still friends now 3+ years on and I'm looking forward to seeing them more during my maternity leave with this baby, as our second babies have mostly coincided! This time we've done a hypnobirthing class, which I've found really useful in terms of birth prep, but less good on the social side.
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • skintbuthappy81
    Options
    Gelly123 wrote: »
    Hey ladies, hope you're all keeping well? I've been checking in a bit but not had masses of time free to post so thought I'd best catch up now I've got 5 mins to myself.

Skint - sorry to hear you've also head terrible itching - it's blooming horrible isn't it. Has it got any better for you now?

I was prescribed Piriton and to be honest, it has got considerably better but I am still scratching daily just nowhere near as bad.

Due to see the Rheumatologist tonight at the Spire and hope he can confirm that it's the medication I'm on for the auto immune problem, that's been causing these issues. When I saw him last, he did mention about possibly reducing the dosage but having got to 20 weeks (tomorrow), I can't help but think this is our miracle drug and would worry about reducing it now. Can't bear to think of losing her at this stage.

We've also started to pick up a few little things incl a Dr Browns bottle and steriliser kit (I do plan to breast feed but can't hurt to have them just in case) and also a nappy bin which we've been told by friends is an absolute godsend and currently on special offer at Mothercare.

Gelly
    x

Nope the itching has not cleared up at all, she prescribed me with some anti histamines they aren't Pirition though, they begin with a 'c' I can't remember the name. She told me to use them as and when and only 3 times a day (I am so scared of using meds that I only take one before bed as that is when it really comes out).

Another Drs appointment on Monday to see if she can give me anything else as I am still not sleeping due to the itchness. euro hopefully your itchiness is a one off.

I am trying to clear out the back room which is going to be the nursery so DH can start decorating, not to much to do now and I may as well do it whilst I am of work and still have the energy (just).
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • Gelly123
    Options
    Oh Skint, sorry to hear the itching hasn't improved. How long have you been on them for now? I've been on mine for nearly 2 weeks and the itching has only got better this week - still itching but not so bad I'm making myself bleed and bruise any more.

I wonder if it's Cetirizine you've been given - it's meant to be a non drowsy version.

I must admit, I took the piriton one morning and was almost asleep at my desk at 10am - didn't take them in the morning again so like you, take them at night when it's at it's worst.

Hope it improves for you but if not, please see your GP as I truly understand how unbearable it is.

We've got to start sorting the small room out which will be come our nursery - we always referred to it as the room that would hopefully become the nursery but can't believe we're really doing it :j

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend ahead.

I'm planning on sweeping, vacuuming (yes you did read that right) and jet washing our decking tomorrow - it desperately needs it!

Gelly
    20 weeks today :T
    x
    Married Sept '09, Me - 38, OH - 40, TTC since Nov '12
    4 previous MC's, 6 babies lost so far :A
    The proudest mummy - July 2016 xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts