12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

Beckyy I had about a pint of water about an hour before and took a bottle to sip from, didn't help that they were running an hour late, my bladder was fit to burst!

thats way too much no wonder you were bursting!!! :eek: .. a full to painful capacity adult bladder holds about 600ml (20 fl.oz/1 pint) .. by about 400ml (13fl.oz) you feel the urge to use the toilet.. by 800ml you are usually desperate.

It takes around 45-60 minutes to reach your bladder!! If my bladder gets too full I usually end up bleeding.

And you don't need to drink anything for the anomaly scan (unless you are well padded ;) ) because the uterus is well out of the pelvic cavity and the baby is in a huge bag of water... the letters are just standard things they send out.

Having a US scan when NOT pregnant you need a very very full bladder.

(this is what happens when you talk to the songraphers!! lol <--- nerd)
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thanks for the tips ladies.

My itching has eased again, so I think mine must be related to stretching of skin.

At my 12 week scan, I followed the instructions on my appointment letter - a pint and and a half of water, an hour before....after 30 minutes, I was so desperate that I had to go pee anyway! I then bought a bottle of water whilst there and drank that before the appt. And then the sonographer commented on how full my bladder was and that I really didn't need to drink that much! Grrr! So, I didn't bother at my 20 week scan. They still told me that my bladder was full! Lol

Well, I'm now 24 weeks, so am graduating to the next thread! Eek! See you all over there! :)

Xx
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Hope to see you soon in the next thread Euronorris!

Was chatting to my mum on skype, she has my niece giving me her baby toys etc.. She's such a cutie!
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • good_vibes
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Gelly great news on your scan and team pink.
    Been keeping myself busy. Not showing much yet, just looks like I have wind (which I have loads of)
    Had my scan on Friday, all was well and we are team pink :)
    20w 3d
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the info re: water before the scan. I had envisaged a litre bottle going in the car with me but so relived to hear that won't be necessary!
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    I never drank that much water before a scan, I've a delightfully small bladder anyways so i figured it would always be half full! No point making myself uncomfortable :)

Over at a friends yesterday and she gave me an exercise ball she was throwing out, just need OH to pump it up now.. Lol

Excited about going home but I'm nervous for flying.. It's something I hate doing and I hate traveling home because of it. I've used my airmiles and bumped myself up to business in the hope that I might be more comfy and get some sleep at night as my second flight is 7.5 hours and I'll be landing in a chilly Dublin at 7.30am..
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 February 2016 at 9:54AM
    Options
    when are you going home tata??

girls out to school so I can finish my post ;)

I need a moan!

SPD has kicked in massively over the last week and my belt doesnt help at all.. so today I have fallen getting dressed.. that'll help it along I'm sure! I guess today is the last day Ill be wearing trousers/leggings until July.. I'm going to be freezing!!! I can't get tights on even.. maxi dresses/skirts again.. but all the ones I have are summer ones because the other 3 were born July/August! Summer maxi dress and a huge fleece jumper anyone?? I'm going to look so stylish!! NOT!!! I guess I can at least ebay all the maternity trousers, jeans and leggings.. fling!

I have put my foot down and demanded we have a name or at least 2-3 shortlisted by the time this arrives.. I hated the others not having a name for weeks.. Pixie was nearly 3 weeks! Dot was 2 days and Squeak was a week.. and I do not like her name its way too common and utterly boring!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Oh sorry to hear about your SPD Pigpen, hope that it will improve a little for you at least.
    I hear you about clothes, I feel horrible in trousers ATM and it's too hot to wear tights so I'm living in leggings. Could you try maybe having one of the older girls/ your OH help you in the morning esp if you fell today?

I'm going back to Ireland tomorrow which means two flights, long !!! layover in UAE and bleh food. Leaving my house at 11am Irish time and I won't reach my house in Ireland to 12pm on Wednesday, as I have a 4 hour drive once I reach Dublin :O

We have a list of names for both genders, there is about 4-5 names on each so we will choose once baby has arrived I think. My mum had such a hard time picking a name for my youngest sister, I remember her being so anxious about it.
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Having funny heart palpitations today waiting patiently for them to pass. :cool:

Pigpen: I sympathise with your SPD I had that 11 years ago with my second DS, I am hoping that it doesn't rear it's ugly head this time round.

Skint: I'm under exact same hospitals as you but, I am praying for a fully complication free pregnancy as I want to deliver at the stand alone birth unit at Salford Royal it has such a nicer feel than St Mary's maternity ward. The ultrasound department is miserable at SR at only 32 myself I was the eldest there when I went for my last scan :o Bet it's awful when your DH is recognised given both your lines of work.

I'm not bothering with the antenatal classes, didn't last time around. I just attended various baby groups and made some lovely friends even now, 11 years on we meet regularly for wine and a catch up - minus the kids though ;)
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Well my weekend was a mixed one.
    My 94 year old grandma passed away Saturday morning. She had been unwell for awhile so it wasn't too unexpected. We were due to go to a wedding in Portsmouth (3hr away) that day, my family insisted we still went to it. To be honest I'm glad we did as it took my mind off things and my grandma loved a wedding so kinda fitting.

We have decided if it's a girl she will have my grandma's name as her middle name. We had already decided that if it was a boy it would have my surname as a middle name (me and OH aren't married).

I managed both a six nations rugby match and a wedding sober. Surprised myself that I wasn't bothered by not drinking. Stayed at the wedding til 10pm too which was good going after an 8am emotional start to the day.

I have taken today off work and am going to see family this afternoon.

I have started feeling my bump now. I'm plus size so it's taking awhile to show but my belly is getting harder now. Still no movements yet (19 wks tomorrow).

Fly safe Tatabubbly x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family