PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• lottie3000
    lottie3000 Posts: 449 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2012 at 10:04AM
    Options
    First Spends this month at F.Foods £37.89, very pleased with finding this shop however as freezer is now well stocked up, just meat to go from market or butchers and i'm hoping I can bulk buy and save some pennies :)

Off to Ald at lunch time to make the most of their vouchers from the Mirror yesterday.
  • mildredalien
    Options
    Hi all! I've been casually following this thread for months but am determined to get a grip on my grocery spending this month! So I have set myself a target of:

£200

For December 2012. This should include groceries, toiletries and cat food/litter etc. as well as any odd bits and bobs (coffees, pints down the pub etc.) not otherwise budgeted for. I've been horribly slack at keeping track of my spending the last couple of months so hoping this will keep me on top of things!
    Savings target: £25000/£25000
    :beer: :T

• skilly
    skilly Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all, please can I be put down for £500 this month this Includes pet food ,Toiletries, Cleaning stuff , Prescriptions, Alcohol,food, xmas food ,Takeaways if any :-)
    sealed pot challenge number 31 3£496/4£706.75/5 £376.74/6 £645.08/ 7 £861.34 /8 £786.90/9£610.49/10 £722.03 / 16 £802.00/ 17 £? gold star from sue 🌟
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 November 2012 at 2:16PM
    Options
    It is DSIL's b'dy today. We are having a family meal at home to save cash. I have managed to plan 3 types of curry and apple crumble without spending anything. everything is already here except the apples that DD is bringing.
    So another NSD here :)

ETA oops I have just realised that I haven't owned up to spending£177 to bring my stock levels back up after last month's living off what was already here.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi...we have got piri piri chicken for tea and some stewed fruit i found in the freezer....cannot say what the fruit is as it is still partially frozen...sure it will be ok

out and about a bit at the weekend...meg hope u enjoy the brum market...so will not plan too much food to avoid it getting wasted...going to do a bit of roast beef for tea on mon and then see what possibilities the leftovers offer

have a great weekend
    tess
    onwards and upwards
  • lottie3000
    Options
    Second grocery spend Ald, £ 35.09. I really think i'm doing better shopping there and everything i'm trying of theirs i'm impressed with the quality and tatse. The veg they have in there is far better than my local Mr T. Going to try to make some soup for next weeks lunches, so wish me luck there!!
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had my first spend for December, a total of £103.43. I am planning that this will last for three weeks when I have another internet shop booked ready for Christmas.

At the moment I have all food/household/non prescription medicines/alcohol/toiletries etc., come out of the same pot. For 2013 I am planning on budgeting separately for these items so that I have more of an idea where our money is going.

Good Luck everyone with December's challenge.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    went to local market spent 12.85 on f&v and nuts and some gorgeous nougat (was meant for a present but i ate it !!!) will update sig.xxxxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £14.94 to add to my total for my veg box and organic milk. Got very useful veg in it this week:D Will need to do a visit to ald1 and Mr A tomorrow. I need lunch stuff, smellies for DH and a few bits but not much I can think of at the minute.

I got my £20 Mr A vouchers from work today. I think I will use them to get sherry for Christmas ( love it chilled) and the smellies I can't get at ald1.

Off to do a meal plan and a shopping list before DH gets in from work.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • pinchingpenny
    Options
    aand we're off! Well, I'm off, I realise many of you have already started, but I am all geared up for my first grocery challenge!
    I tend to make several shopping trips in a week to different places and buy the things I know are cheapest there, if the places are within walking distance or on the way home from work so it doesn't cost me any extra. Soo today was Mr.A and I stocked up on 8 cans of chopped tomatoes as the KTC ones are 4 for £1. Also got 6 eggs for £1, bananas (noticed a couple of days ago Mr.T has put his prices up!) and some pesto.
    Tonight I will be using one of those cans of tomatoes to do pasta sauce and have it with some leftover YS turkey, yum! Intend to make double of the pasta and sauce and use the rest tomorrow. Still have a decent amount of veg I bought from my favourite Polish grocery store earlier in the week :T
    Nov Groceries: approx £90
    Dec GC: £31.93/£60 Jan GC: £33.55/£45 Feb GC: £0/£45
    Pot: Dec 195/ Jan 147/ Feb 114/ Mar 43
    Total: 499
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business