PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• angelatgraceland
    angelatgraceland Posts: 3,342 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2012 at 11:51AM
    Options
    :rotfl:
    Pernicious wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Can my target of £200 this month be added to the list please?

I am also setting myself a mini challenge of no more than one takeaway a month! Sounds easy but it's actually pretty difficult for us :o Even having oven pizzas in started off well until I found myself eating that & then still ordering a takeaway a day or 2 later, not very good for my waistline at all! So if you'd like to join me in the mini challenge please feel free :) It would be good to get some other people on board as then I might be embarrassed into sticking to it! :j
    The mini challenges are in some ways the most important in reducing your spending. it is these little extras which drain your account! Could you set aside a day a week for treats? Like maybe the oven pizza? The takeaway once a month maybe on payday so you have to wait for it? This would teach you to regulate these items without depriving yourself. You would have something to look forward to and it could all be a part of a greater meal plan!:money:

armchairexpert - so sorry for your loss. It certainly makes you see what is really important in life at times like this. Sending (((hugs))) to you and your family
    pamsdish wrote: »
    So i will start my December spends today, should be officially tomorrow.

Popped into Sainsbob as near there unusually, my nearest is 12 miles.

I only wanted the yoghurt really, but didn`t have the nerve to go to till with just that :o

Don't be embarrased! Next time just buy what you really really want! this is how we empty our accounts! It's a supermarket ploy to get us! I just march up to the till with one item and declare "Here I am! Last of the big spenders!"
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can i have £300 for dec please.

Hopefully won't spend it all :), i'm hoping to eat out of the freezer until the week before xmas when i'll do an online shop for lots of nice bits.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,884 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Budgets done to here :)

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Don't be embarrased! Next time just buy what you really really want! this is how we empty our accounts! It's a supermarket ploy to get us! I just march up to the till with one item and declare "Here I am! Last of the big spenders!"

I suppose the other things will be useful, except the roses, I will sit and ration myself with those through the winter nights
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Make-it-3
    Make-it-3 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Just declared for November (over again) but feeling positive and reckon I can nail December. Very impressed with the lean Christmas budgets you are all going for (have most of you stocked up throughout the year?).

My December looks somewhat different - its a 20 day month for me as we are off to OH's parents for the duration after that. I will be trying to run down the fridge/cupboards as a result.

So I'm going to go for £120 (which is for 2 adults, 1 toddler and 1 cat).

I've got a £6 off £40 shop voucher for next week so need to plan carefully if I'm going to use that.
    We Made-it-3 on 28/01/11 with birth of our gorgeous DD.
  • xshootingstarsx
    Options
    Can I please be added to the list? My budget is £200 (two adults) for December.

Thanks
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Can you please put me down for £550 for Dec, this is my usual £450 plus MIL usually gves me money as we host Xmas day etc.... Thanks
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi...been to tesco today but wasnt very imoressed...spent a fiver it isnt a shop thats close to home so dont go in often....also went to the coop and got some bargains they have great yellow sticker action in there

going to have some reduced pork for tea and lots of veg as i got quite a lot reduced....with chocolatepudding for afters

have done meal plan for next week and am going to really try and keep the spends to a minimum in the run up to christmas..will need milk fruit etc but i think i have enough frozen meat to keep us going...will see how it goes

off to the german market in brum on sunday so looking forward to that...never been before
    take care tess
    onwards and upwards
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Week one for December's spend is £44.65.
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi again,

Sent the OH to paper shop for 2 copies of Daily Mirror (it will now be saved to wrap around fruit cakes or line the cat litter tray ;)) for the Aldi vouchers! That's 90p more off the budget but since I'll be saving £9.10 on the shopping I don't mind too much!

The budget does seem to dribble away but hubby's agreed to go in for 12 NSDs with me next month! He likes the idea of saving but he's not quite reached the 'look after the pennies' stage yet! I'll get him there - some work to do on me too, which I never realised until I started using these boards. Some of the peeps on here are a real inspiration! :T. So thank you!
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure