Debt Demolisher

Options

Comments

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That is brilliant news Motivated, so pleased for you. :)
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thanks Chrystal. I had a feeling this was going to be our year when we get ourselves sorted once and for all.

I know it’s not a fortune but it will help us out massively. Also a sure way of keeping my spirits up. Long may it continue, My spirits that is not the unexpected money coming our way :rotfl: Although who would complain at that
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Wow, that's brilliant news on the PPI claim, what a great boost!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's fantastic news!
  • EmmaMicawber
    Options
    That's amazing Motivated- fantastic news.
    I really must look into this PPI thing- I've been put off by the fact OH can't remember the details of credit cards from 20 years ago but it sounds like he might not have to?

£2398 is a LOT of money- it'll make a big difference to your F&F fund! And I'm so pleased you've got your mojo back :)
  • motivated
    edited 15 February 2018 at 9:25AM
    Options
    That's amazing Motivated- fantastic news.
    I really must look into this PPI thing- I've been put off by the fact OH can't remember the details of credit cards from 20 years ago but it sounds like he might not have to?

£2398 is a LOT of money- it'll make a big difference to your F&F fund! And I'm so pleased you've got your mojo back :)

Hi Emma

Honestly we had no account numbers. Just names addresses of us and the name of the CC and a rough estimate of the year we took the credit card/loan out.

Resolver do it all for you. The creditor has 8 weeks from the time you put the complaint in. Then Resolver will escalate it to the financial ombudsman for you. Once the letter arrives I will have more info on what it!!!8217;s actually for and will update you on it. But for now I have no clue what CCs they are talking about.

The loan was from around 1998 - 2000.

We had the bare minimum information. I just added on there that the PPI was added as it would help our application blah blah. I also added that we would have got sick pay from Work so we were able to pay it anyway. Do not even know if that is all true :D

Give it a go you have nothing to lose
    M
  • motivated
    Options
    Update

Letter recieved today and it states that there are 3 things on there where we had PPI. They are showing as 3 loans but the man on the phone said a loan and 2 CCs Still no memory of them. Now we need to wait for the cheque to arrive in around 28 days time. :T
    M
  • motivated
    edited 15 February 2018 at 11:32AM
    Options
    Payday today so more payments made :T

Have now started to pay higher payments on 2 of our CCs as well as the 2 Loans :T. Just waiting for the last 2 CCs to be managed by a DCA then I will be increasing the payments to these also.

Savings accounts topped up and all DDs and SOs paid.

DH has Dentist again today and now we need to pay what! Is left outstanding. I can stop panicking about this now as we have the funds for it. Or we will have when the money arrives. I plan to pay it out of what we have and then pay it back in a couple of weeks.

Car insurance is due again and I am waiting for my renewal quote. I have already shopped around and have some cheap quotes ready in case it goes up. Then I can haggle with them to get it at a lower cost. It is not expensive as we have both been driving for millions of years and I have the funds ready and waiting for this also :D

Need to do a small food shop and will write a list before I go as I have a tendency to think oh what a bargain I will have 2 of those etc etc. Before I know it I have spent £20 I had not needed to

Have to keep editing my posts because if I write a word with an apostrophe in it it goes all funny and comes out in numbers. It!!!8217;s so annoying. See :p
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    With regards to the apostrophe and the number issue I think it was Cumbria that told me a good trick. It's to do with I phones, you need to go into settings, general, keyboard and turn off smart punctuation ( I think it was that). It seems to have sorted mine out.
  • motivated
    Options
    Thanks debtaghh

I've done that and now I'm testing it's working. Cant think of particular words now :rotfl:

Weren't
    Isn't
    Can't
    Didn't

Looks ok thank you :A
    M
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income