Options

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    wishus wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, MuffinTops!:bdaycake::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Cake and dancing! Separately they're ok, but together they're amazing. Thank you for thinking of me. :heart:
    MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Good morning,

What a mix of emotions today has been. I worked until almost midnight and then had to rush off to catch my last train home. Got that and then found out there's no connecting bus to get me home - so I had to walk from the station at a little after 1am!!!! I was so nervous my legs were shaking on the train and I went through all the possibilities of getting home without having to walk. I live in the middle of nowhere so cab firms were nowhere to be seen. I ended up with no choice. Walking 3 miles in the early hours of the morning in the freezing cold made me feel very alone and lonely and the cold, tiredness and my vulnerable feelings combined made me dwell on some things I shouldn't be thinking about. However, it was frosty out and I looked around and when I was in an area with any lighting, even if it was just the moon, the ground was just lit up with glitter. It was beautiful and I focused on that and how the world was so sparkly this particular year that I was forced outside, when generally we're now into warmer weather.

When I got home I had a message from someone who was once incredibly important to me (years ago, probably mentioned in previous diaries) wishing me a lovely birthday so that boosted me and we had a short text chat. He lives in Australia now, so the timings were perfect. I then checked my letter box and I had some beautiful cards, the most beautifully worded and amazing card from Mr 3TL, and also a friend had sent me a card with cake in it!!! Lovely messages from beautiful and genuine people which, I confess, made me feel very ignorant for allowing myself to feel so low earlier, and showed me how very lucky I am to have such special people choose me to be in their life.
    balloons.gif

I had to be up early (on my birthday!!!!! the nerve of it!) to meet my Mum for a Beachfront Birthday Breakfast which was lovely. She has really spoiled me, and given me a couple of lovely gifts and some money. The money will be put aside into it's own YNAB allocation until I can think of something I want to spend it on.

Because I got home yesterday a lot later than I expected, I now have to prepare my radio show. I want to play the hits and give information on the year I was born. So I'd best get onto that.

It's Friday, we made it through another week so I wish everyone a fantastic weekend.
    oregonian_winesmiley.gif
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    oregonian_winesmiley.gif Always thinking of you !!
    MMsam
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    happy happy birthday MT, hope you are having a wonderful day.

Sorry to hear about your walking after midnight, but glad that you came home to lovely messages.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    :bdaycake:Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear MT! Happy birthday to you
    Hope your birthday was wonderful!
    DIA xx
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend :-)
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Thank you lovely ladies. I had a wonderful birthday weekend! A bit surreal which made it really stand out! Thank you all for your lovely wishes. MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Hmmm, so good and bad things to update on. The good is that Friday was a wonderful day. It seemed mainly special from start to finish. Breakfast with my Mum along the seafront was lovely and the contact from special people throughout the day was amazing.:D

The radio show was ok. I had my training show and then my personal show, which I really enjoyed. I was shattered after minimal sleep though!

On the money side of things, I'd coincidentally set up my 3 free audible months on 25th January so on my birthday they emailed to let me know I had a fresh new (free) credit to use! :D So that felt like another gift. I've ordered a business style help book this evening.

I've also kept up to date on my swagbucks. I managed to get some bonus points the last 2 days too. Although the app isn't behaving too well.

Ooh, the BHF came to collect my furniture today. So those have gone. This morning I also managed to sort out 5 ziffit envelopes. So that's around £25 earned. :cool:

I'm also on the c2c rail line so I've ordered my compensation card in case of delays. I have to admit, it used to be called the misery line, but they're rarely late these days on the trains I catch.

Now for the confession. I went to my local shops on Saturday morning as they have a tiny market there and one of the stalls sells doughnuts with the synthetic cream that I love (that's not even the confession!!) While I was there I walked past the jewellery shop and ..... they had a beautiful vintage diamond ring on display that I've had my eye on for a while. I wandered in and tried it on and loved it! So I bought it!!! I was chatting to the store owner about having seen that ring a few times and that I keep thinking about it and he was so friendly and chatty. He took £20 off the ring for me too! The really bad thing is that I've managed to YNAB fiddle to allow for it without it coming out of my birthday money. This was a treat to me, from me!!!! :o Even if it means no food for a month!!! ;)

I'm now off work for 2 weeks! I'm off to a good start with the furniture removal and clearing some books, DVDs and computer games out for some extra funds. I also need to make sure I take some time for my own personal future needs too as it's such a luxury having these 2 weeks for myself.

I hope everyone's had a great start to the week! I can hear my bed calling me now!

MTxx
  • kittycashcake
    Options
    Great self birthday gift! I get me my own present because I always want something peculiar like a new set of teaspoons or some jml nonsense that I couldn't ask anyone else for.

Glad you have a nice day xxx
    :staradmin :staradmin Emergency Fund @ £300 Non CCJ Debts x 7 @ £2782/ £4055 PAID! CCJs x4 Unpaid Total @£5103 Christmas 2016 Fund @£116 Holiday Fund £300/ £550 Wedding Fund Goal: £2500 /// Total Remaining: £9409 / £12,900 (£3498- 27.11%Paid) :staradmin:staradmin
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Wow, a diamond ring. That is wonderful. I once used almost an entire payday on a pair of diamond studs. I still wear them. I am still complimented on them. And if I was to twist the Marie Kondo philosophy, they give me joy. I am sure your ring will give you joy too. I really think, for me, it's about conscious spending and cutting out the rubbish to make space for the good things that give us joy.
    So glad you had a happy birthday
    DIAxx
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills