My Journey To My Pot Of Gold

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Oh MT the explosion is serious. :eek: So glad you escaped unscathed. It's good you have an electrician lined up. I'm asking neighbours on my road to recommend so fingers crossed for someone decent.

Sounds like you had a good weekend with a good balance of things to do. It also sounds like you enjoy your job, as do I, although most people don't seem to... Your rest seems to have done you good. Glad you are back on top :)

The Easter eggs are a massively good buy that works out at less than £1 and egg if you buy 4. I'm tempted now. Although would I give them away....? OMG with the shopping and vouchers :T That has never happened to me...

Enjoy your birthday week :j
    DIA xx
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Evening Gorgeous ...You had me at 4 for 2 :-) Just had a catch up on your diary and you seem very happy and busy (!) which is great to hear
    MMSam xx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello DIA,
    Thank you. I've been reading your electrician updates and I'm running a little scared! ;) I need to get my electrician sorted ASAP! :D

I assume you mean I enjoy my job that involves traning on the radio? I do love doing that. My real life job doesn't involve much training at the moment, although I have been asked to start doing that. I also do a mixture of other things and think I'd love it, but it's a very toxic environment which brings me down.

I was very impressed with the egg prices and saw in London today that they've got just as good a deal. That doesn't always happen in the smaller stores. I'm not a big Easter Egg fan, so I'm happy to give these away. MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Thank you beautiful MMSam. All things seem to be swimming along in a good way. MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    I seem to be moving forward quite nicely in getting rid of things again. I mentioned a while back I have a lot of alcohol in the house and I spoke to a close wine drinking friend to ask if the wine I have is likely to be ok. Sadly, because I've had the bottles standing upright for so long, the cork has dried out and they're no good. So yesterday I had a lot of fun in decorking the bottles and tipping the lot away! I can also assure anyone who loves wine that these bottles were definitely for throwing away! Sedements had built up in most bottles. I had to throw a bottle of Baileys away too! I love Baileys!!! The only thing I could save was the cheap vodka I don't even drink! I use it as an emulsifier for my essential oils in my bath!!! Tonight I need to throw all of the bottles into my recycling bin and hope my neighbours don't see the empty bottles and form an intervention!!!! :D

I'm also going to book the BHF collection for a dining table and chairs I have along with a garden table. I'm pretty sure the tables have the fire hazard notices on them but need to check tonight. Getting rid of those large pieces will be great.

Planning is the key here, so I need to make sure that I make notes of the things I need to do so that my 2 weeks off are well used.

I hope everyone's having a fantastic week. MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hi there MT,

Well done on decluttering. You've prompted me to have a sort out myself as my council will clear 6 bulk items for free every 3 months and you are right there's a great satisfaction dumping big things

Bailey's binned? Your planning may be good in other areas but this is a major slip-up

I think I may have an electrician booked so you might not even have any virtual champagne to replenish your supplies :)

have a relaxing evening
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Bailey's binned? Your planning may be good in other areas but this is a major slip-up

DIA x

I know! Right? A major oversight on my part. It was the coffee flavoured one and now I'm tempted to replace it with some of the vouchers I still have!!!! :o MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    So last night I got home and filled my garden waste bin up with some of the rubbish left over from the tree cutting! There's a huge amount there and I was hoping it would dry up enough to be easily broken down, but that's not happened, so now I have to sort it out. I'll buy some garden refuse sacks and if the weather is dry this weekend I'll saw bits up and clear away as much as possible ready for next week's collection.

I've also booked the BHF furniture collection. I checked my chairs and they have the fire tags on them so they're good to go. Excited to get rid of a few large objects early next week.

I've been looking for a gift to get my close friend who has recently moved into his own flat in London. When I visited him recently I thought something would stand out that he needed, but it didn't. Yesterday I looked through an email sent to me by a really good quality online company about some lovely sale items and they had the perfect find on there, which I've ordered. I just hope he likes it as much as I think he will.

I had a strange message from my radio trainee yesterday telling me that he's decided to break up with his girlfriend so really needs me to make him feel better on Friday during his show. What does that mean? It's my birthday so I'll be bringing in cake and maybe some little party type snacks to enjoy but other than that I can't really think of how I can make him feel better when I'm just his trainer for 3 hours a week. He's always spoken to me about their difficulties and I'm a good listener so maybe he just wants to talk? Although, I have to be honest, a very selfish part of me wants to just enjoy my day. But that feels horrible if he's really hurting and I can help him.

My journey in today was bitterly cold! I'm in a lovely warm office now though AND I've booked a little room for the day to edit and record some videos, so it should be a productive day!

Happy Hump Day all, and have a great day!

MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hey MT, I think a birthday is a good time to be a little bit selfish. I'm sure there are other people in his world he can unburden himself to.

Yay on your monumental progress in the garden. My neighbour was mowing grass yesterday (early?) Just think by Easter it might be warmer and you've already made a head-start on your garden :T

Have a lovely evening
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MissShoes
    MissShoes Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just read your whole diary!

With the house sale, where would you move to? Up to Norfolk?

Sorry to hear about Mr3TL. Completely agree with Rosa- don't prioritise someone who doesn't do the same for you. Sorry you had to go through that and hope it resolves in a way which you want soon.

Xxx
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills