Santander To New Day Ltd

Options
Wasn't sure where the best place for this was so here goes :-
The Santander Facebook page is alight with a lot of disgruntled Santander and non Santander customers .
Along with many others I got a letter from Santander today quoting an acccount number ( with no further details) and saying it was being assigned to New Day Ltd from 1st April 2014.
It seems from reading the Facebook page that this relates to Store Cards ,seemingly either current or old but as the letter doesn't actually say this a lot of confusion has been created .
Personally I do not have any store cards and it is years ago that I had one ..if I ever did .
So if any of you has had this letter that's what it's about .
There is a contact tel number on the Santander Facebook page but I think it might be busy

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got a letter about this two weeks ago. It did say on it that it related to my Burtons card account.
  • molley
    molley Posts: 528 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    I got a letter about this two weeks ago. It did say on it that it related to my Burtons card account.

Well that seems sensible but my letter ( and all the others writing on Facebook ) only had an account number which to me means nothing . It looks like a whole batch of letters has been issued yesterday . Clearly whoever drafted the letter has not put enough thought in to it ..On first reading I thought it related to all my Santander cards as I do have a debit and 2 credit cards ..The words "store cards" do not get a mention .
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's a relatively up-to-date list of storecards and their credit provider: http://moneyfacts.co.uk/guides/credit-cards/whos-the-lender---uk-store-cards/
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apparently there's a cheaper number than the 0871 one: 0208 181 0000
  • annedoc
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of this company, they don't seem to have a web page posted? I'm not sure I want to transfer from santander to newday as I don't know anything about them. Any info would be appreciated thx.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    annedoc wrote: »
    Has anyone ever heard of this company, they don't seem to have a web page posted? I'm not sure I want to transfer from santander to newday as I don't know anything about them. Any info would be appreciated thx.

A website exists but doesn't say much at the moment.

http://www.newday.co.uk/

I doubt if you will have any say in the transfer, you'll either have to accept it or close the account.
  • molley
    Options
    annedoc wrote: »

do you actually have a store card financed by Santander as it is only them that is affected ..not debit or credit cards . I dont see what there is to be concerned about .
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had letters too about my store cards, can't say i'm bothered by it to be honest. Whats the issue ?
  • molley
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    I've had letters too about my store cards, can't say i'm bothered by it to be honest. Whats the issue ?

The "issue" if my original post wasn't clear enough, is the letter from Santander which does not explain what this is about .There is nothing in that letter to say it is ONLY referring to store cards . The letter I got bears an account number which means nothing to me and I have no store cards nor have I had for as long as I can remember . I only found out what it was really about by Googling and going to the Santander Facebook page where there are quite a lot of people equally confused .
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    molley wrote: »
    There is nothing in that letter to say it is ONLY referring to store cards .

Perhaps this post would be better suited in the Credit Cards forum as opposed to Budgeting and Bank Accounts?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure