PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 19th March 2018

Options

Comments

• MadamMim2013
    Options
    Morning everyone:j
    Have pooled about doing odd bits..
    Flung recycling out into snow filled box! :eek:
    sorting washing onto horse,
    WULTD
    Decluttered 2 coffees and breakfast.
    Due to being a snow day for all I shall attempt to get flying instead of hiding in bed with a book:rotfl:
    Off to find the duster so I can dust n watch sleepy hollow at the same time :A
    Hugs, spoons and positive vibes for all :D
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all, trying to be in this week but life keeps on getting in the way. Much progress on H2H but will be tackling the list today.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 March 2018 at 12:03PM
    Options
    2 bills paid
    OH lunch and dinner done for today and lunch for tomorrow.. which entailed cooking eggs and chicken before 9am!
    Everyone out to work and college and school so just me and Twinkle home.. we have an ebeast parcel to post though.
    Not got as far as scales yet this morning but I will get there

Lovely and sunny here today getting rid of the last bits of sky !!!!.. I hate that stuff.

Todays joyfulness..

DW x 200
    WM x 200
    TD x 10.. I am hanging heavy stuff on the line it is so nice out there!
    1 parcel to post

**waves to HEX** Lovely to see you xx

I cannot get my house warm... it has been 14-16'C all weekend and is freezing. Twinkle is blue despite wearing 93 layers.

Scrimpers.. Last weeks spends were silly.. I gave up adding it up..
    Slinkies.. 1lb lost, so 20lb in total gone.. but af is on her way so I usually gain a fair bit but will lose it all next week with luck... plus I scoffed a large tube of pringles, 5 jaffa cakes, several hand fuls of jelly beans and half a battenberg... noone to blame but my fat bathplug self!
    Flymarketeers.. £40 more in my bank from facebook and ebeast sales and a few bits with bids still.. so £1300 there since January. I have a couple of chairs to go next and not sure where to fling those.. I migth give gumtree a try.. never used that before.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,020 Forumite
    Options
    Round 2 completed, except for prescription order - phone is on charger in kitchen & I'm [STRIKE]collapsed[/STRIKE] sat in living room with my :coffee: recovering from hoovering up a ton of feathers & seed which involved contorting and furniture shifting - it's not perfect but it's a darn sight better than it was :j and I'm another step nearer H2H :T

and...I've emptied the hoover and washed the filter :D Go me :cool:

Got my breath back now - so I'll try ringing the pharmacy then make some lunch.

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    :hello: hello Pigpen

Efforts are being slightly hampered by my forgetting to switch the DW on after dinner last night. Can't clear the worktops until it has finished and can be re-filled. I have instead cleaned the downstairs loo and the back hall, and decobwebbed the beams. Tidied the clear work top, sorted the spice drawer and the dry goods.

Bored cats think dusting is a hilarious game, the fluffy duster needs to die. Little cat launched off the dresser onto the top of my head so she could kill it. This was quite unexpected and I had to stop for a cup of tea to recover.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm in this week, paid stuff done this morning so all afternoon free to do some flying. OH away all week so not sure if that will help or not.

Slinky challenge going better, I have lost 1 kg since last Monday, was more but put on a bit over the weekend. The main reason for this success is that I have stopped alcohol, I knew there were a lot of empty calories in wine, but was I really drinking that much (don't want to answer that queston). So have had 7 dry days, I would like to try and remain that way until Easter. We are away for long weekend and friends are joining us so will drink then but would like to be able to not drink on week nights. Easier said than done when OH comes in and says " do you want a glass of wine" and I can hear it being poured.

OK off to put WM on then unload DW Will see what else gets done

For all of those feeling stressed or anxious don't forget to Smile it releases feel good hormones. My kids were told to hold a pencil horizontally in their mouth as a way to reduce exam stress. Daft but if it works!
    xx
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    Options
    Done my paid stuff, just about to hang up the wet washing on the midden then have lunch. Thanks for your post Pigpen, you've motivated me to list some stuff for sale on Facebook. Also contacted energy suppliers re new Smart meter and credit due from our account with BritishG. I want to vacuum downstairs too to keep in DH's good books as that shows I have a remote interest in housework!!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Options
    Hex2 hope you have recovered from the cat and dusting :) make me smile.

My cat is asleep on the bed
    Washing is all done
    Now it is getting dry
    Food shop done and away
    Lunch eaten
    Whole house is hoovered
    Beds are re made
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Squishy (((hugs))) to atb x
    hex2 wrote: »
    Bored cats think dusting is a hilarious game, the fluffy duster needs to die. Little cat launched off the dresser onto the top of my head so she could kill it. This was quite unexpected and I had to stop for a cup of tea to recover.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Best excuse for a cuppa that I've heard all week!

DH's appointment went OK - back in 4-6 months, meanwhile he has to pursue slinkydom.
    While we waiting for him to be seen, and again afterwards while drinking :coffee:, I knitted a scarf for the Toddler Group's resident teddy :D
    I took my car to the body repair shop at last and have been told that a small scratch needs half the bumper to be resprayed (because of cracking) - this will cost £135 +VAT - and when they remove the bumper they may find a broken bracket - in which case it will cost more. Good thing that the silly woman with the 4x4 is paying!!! I hope to see her this afternoon when I take Rosie to her class (her dog goes to the class before R's) and break the news to her: I have a written estimate. I have booked the car in for 11th April, which is the earliest that the repairers and I can both manage.

Soup for lunch should be ready now: leftover chicken + carrot + 6 inches of leek + onion + pearl barley + stock cube = my idea of heaven on a cold day: although the snow is melting in the glorious sunshine, there is still a biting wind. Before we eat, I must start WMx1 of at least 2. And I have photocopying to do afterwards.

Catch up later x
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry it's an Ugh day Valli. This time next week ....
    (((Hugs))) ATB.
    Mumof2, she's beautiful, looks very gentle indeed. Lovely.

WM twirling with fleeces that cover the furniture because they're all covered in dog detritus. Just about the run the vacuum over the ground floor, having tidied up and then I'll clean a pair of shoes.

Starting on OH's LPAs today, very :money: if we can get them signed and the lodged for registration by 5 April.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport