PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Breeze & Wyles - Anybody used these guys for conveyancing?

Options

Comments

• EatingGlitter
    EatingGlitter Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    Ok. So I've handed them everything. I've called three or four times and nobody picks up and I've emailed them with my expected exchange time scale and I've heard nothing.

What should I do? They don't seem to want to pay any attention to me and I'm desperately trying to find out where they are at. *annoyed*
  • Richard_Webster
    Richard_Webster Posts: 7,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has OP got a formal mortgage offer? If not does he/she know how long that will take?

The sellers may be keen to move, but in their keenness unfortunately they often forget to fill and send back the forms their solicitors will have sent them. Until he gets them OP's solicitor won't get any draft contract papers and no searches will be started.

It typically takes a week from first instructions for the draft contract papers to come thorough and the average time for a Council to process a local search is about 2 weeks so on that basis OP couldn't exchange contracts until 3 weeks in to the desired 4 week timescale.

It is not uncommon to be waiting more like 2-3 weeks just receive the initial draft contract papers so that could well push over the 4 week period.

Although the sellers may be looking for rented they won't want to commit to a place until contracts have been exchanged and sometimes they will then 2-3 weeks to get references etc sorted and the rental finalised. Sometimes the place they want has been let to someone else so you have to wait around toe exchange until they have found something.

By all means push the EAs to push the sellers to complete their solicitors' forms etc. However if OP is setting his/her sights on a definite date 4 weeks ahead then they are just going to get into a mega stress and end up being disappointed. Better to relax a bit - push by all means - but don't get fixated on specific timescales.
    RICHARD WEBSTER

As a retired conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful assuming any properties concerned are in England/Wales but I accept no liability for it.
  • EatingGlitter
    EatingGlitter Posts: 148 Forumite
    edited 24 May 2011 at 1:28PM
    Options
    Hiya,

I finally managed to get ahold of my solicitors yesterday. They have got the following

*Memorandum of sale
    *Draft contracts/pack
    Our cheque (and this has been cashed and cleared)
    Home Buyers Report
    *Our mortgage offer.

*Had all these since Friday

He said that the industry standard was 12 weeks from receiving of the draft contracts and they haven't started enquiries yet.

Is this about right?

EDIT: We have had our offer through from the bank... this is the formal offer isn't it? The offer is dependent on the MVR (which has been done) and credit checking right?

EDIT 2: I'm not pushing for the 28 deadline as such, I said to them we would like to by that point and if it's not possible to advise us on a timescale based on what they already have etc. According to the EA all the forms have been filled in and sent off.
  • J2sparkles
    Options
    I am purchasing a property where the vendors are using Breeze and Wyles. My offer was accepted over 4 weeks ago and to date I have received not a scooby. My solicitors have been constantly chasing them for the Sellers information forms in order to get the searches started and after 3 different stories they are now saying the vendor lives in Australia hence delay...this is 2012 - telephones, emails, FAX even is not unheard of. Anyway still waiting to hear the next fob-off story, EA are not that helpful KINGS GROUP. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • cowabunga123
    Options
    DO NOT USE THEM!!!

We have had a terrible experience with them, they cannot get even the simplest of things right.

I've wasted days on hold, spent ages writing emails, speaking to incompetent assistants etc.

We made two complaints to a superviser, the first received zero acknowledgment or action, the second provided some response but it totally ignored the points of our complaint.

I would pay more for a better firm and know that they were at least doing a good job.

For a simple, chain free purchase, we waited over 5 months to exchange....nightmare!
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    5 months is far too long for a simple sale..we took 6 months and that was with a land registry dispute who had to come out and redefine boundary's and alter the deeds as the house had two current deeds..Good job we paid for a good solicitor who was worth her weight in gold...
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • great.user.name
    Options
    DO NOT USE THEM!!!

We have had a terrible experience with them, they cannot get even the simplest of things right.

I've wasted days on hold, spent ages writing emails, speaking to incompetent assistants etc.

We made two complaints to a superviser, the first received zero acknowledgment or action, the second provided some response but it totally ignored the points of our complaint.

I would pay more for a better firm and know that they were at least doing a good job.

For a simple, chain free purchase, we waited over 5 months to exchange....nightmare!

This sounds horribly accurate to me! I hope you have completed by now? I am worried we are heading down the same road with this...

I am a first time buyer and unfortunately we have also been allocated Breeze and Wyles as our solicitor. For a completely no-chain purchase this should in theory have been a relatively fast transaction, sadly this has not been the case and I actually had to call our bank and retrieve some information myself because the solicitors tried to justify that one letter per week was sufficient in order to chase up paper work.

This has now happened a number of times, and I am at a loss as to why I the paying customer have to do their job for them! It seems they are simply not prepared to pick up the telephone and contact our vendors solicitors or our bank. Everything is done via post or dare I say it FAX... no emails are sent and no phone calls are made.

We are now in a situation whereby we are calling them twice a day... each time I call I get different information and excuses from that of my partner, and each person we talk to we have to explain our situation over again... after spending 15 minutes on hold just to get through to a call centre.

At no point was I able to get through to a supervisor or manager, and despite asking that I get put through so someone who can help me further.

To add insult to injury we are now being told that our case has taken along time because it has changed hands 3 times due to solicitors being on holiday or on maternity leave. Which is fair enough, we are all entitled to both holidays and maternity leave... BUT this is simply not my problem as a customer and I really couldnt care less if staff are on holiday, it certainly isnt an excuse I am willing to accept... since at no point were we informed prior these delays. It was only after 3 phone calls that one of the call center attendants let slip that our case had been passed from pillar to post. Had we been kept in the loop from the off, I'm sure we would have been a little more understanding.

When it came to sending our contract, sale agreement and land registry, my partner had expressly asked that it be sent first class or special delivery as we had made special arrangements with work to get the documents signed and returned the same day (as we were worried that the process was taking so long already) ...needless to say the package didn't turn up on the day it was meant to, and when I telephoned to query this the response was ' It has been posted on (dd.mm.yyyy), have you checked through all your post today? have you checked you are at the correct delivery address? I cannot confirm that your documents were sent out first class.' I was pretty shocked to be patronized like that! The package turned up a day late, with the postage mark dated for the previous day... so that proves that it was clearly not even posted on time, let alone at the time of the phone call... despite promises and reassurances from the solicitors that it would be dispatched the very day my partner had requested it.

At this point I completely lost all faith in the company... they have let us down at every turn...failing to provide even a basic level of service and communication.

If you want a quick and efficient service, bite the bullet and pay more for a capable solicitor. I am extremely unhappy with the following:

- Lack of communication
    - Lies about who is handling our case, and generally being 'fobbed off' at every opportunity.
    - Failing to actively chase up important documents and generally be productive.
    - Call centre staff being very dismissive and sarcastic on the phone
    - Poor telephone service in general, especially having to wait at least 10minutes on hold each time you call up.

In conclusion, I have contacted our bank and made a formal complaint. They have now launched an investigation into our case & Breeze & Wyles. I am completely and utterly exhausted in dealing with this company...and I resent having to pay for a frankly shoddy service.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is there light at the end of this long tunnel?!

Thanks
  • Yes they are very disappointing to deal with. Average time to speak to someone is over 5 minutes despite their website claiming 97% of calls answered within 20 seconds. The automatic system may answer within 20 seconds but then you are on hold for far longer than is acceptable. They have been given the Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation by the Law Society but their service levels are truly appalling. Avoid this firm at all costs.
  • Yes still here waiting for Breeze Plus to answer. 4 minutes 44 seconds and counting. Do they think this is acceptable to treat people like this? 6 minutes 13 seconds. They are currently experiencing a high volume of calls! They have been for the last 2 weeks whenever you ring. Is it incompetence? 7 minutes 3 seconds. Must be approaching record levels of inactivity. last week they were trialling a new telephone system! 8 minutes 22 seconds. Will they be paying me for my wasted time on this call? Shall I just ask them to hold the line if and when they do answer? 9 minutes 10 seconds. You must be as bored as me reading this while I am waiting for them to answer.10 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! Who can I complain to? Try sending an email and their system breaks down. 10 minutes 51 seconds and they answer. Now got to explain myself to a telephone operator who has no idea of the legal issues involved so I ask to speak to a solicitor so guess what? I am put on hold whilst they see if anyone is available. 13 minutes 57 seconds now.
  • jmd4211
    jmd4211 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey, I wish I hadnt come across this today. My new build flat is due to be handed over from builders to managing agents today, with a view to a completion next Monday (15th). Just waiting for my boss to go to lunch so I can call them to see if its all going ahead, as if the handover doesnt happen today, I'm guessing that Monday completion is going to be too much of a stretch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure