Farepak in administration: What to do? (Merged Thread)

Options

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It was mentioned on todays Working Lunch, not sure if there's any helpful info here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/6055378.stm
    Stompa
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You might be interested in a Poll regarding protecting clients money.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=3208892#post3208892

Stebiz
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • asharon
    asharon Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to everone who has lost.

Hugs to you all.
    Nice to save.
  • opaque
    opaque Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    WHA wrote:
    so it does look as if Farepack and Kleeneze are all part of the same extended group - I wonder how safe Kleeneze are and whether they are about to go the same way too!

They used to be. Kleeneze and Kitbag were sold off earlier this year, probably to help shore up Farepak.

I'm not saying it's an excuse but I'd guess that one of their excuses would be that costs were too high and they simply couldn't afford to pay their bills.
    You set prices at the start of the year and meanwhile your electeicity/gas bills go up 30%, suppliers costs go up and are passed along to you over the year etc etc.
    But definately VERY suspicious that it should happen now just after most money goes in and before things go out.

I can't believe that a company like Farepak can just collapse like that. But then I can't imagine that they have much in the way of actual assets.
    I hope you can all get something sorted in some way.
  • nicnak_4
    Options
    I am unfortunately in the same situation as thousands of others, I am an agent and have an order of £4830 which has been paid in full.

I have however made a few of the payments via credit card while trying to gain bonus points and my credit card is investigating to see if they can offer anything, worth a try.
  • Teresa60
    Teresa60 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Options
    I just wrote my account number and address and who I was saving with in the email, and said I would wait to hear from them. We would probably just get a standard email answer back at first.
  • stebiz
    Options
    Would it be fair to say that if any agents out there have clients money due to be deposited - they give it back to the customer?? Is this ethical/legal??

Stebiz
  • Frell
    Frell Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    stebiz wrote:
    Would it be fair to say that if any agents out there have clients money due to be deposited - they give it back to the customer?? Is this ethical/legal??

Stebiz

Yes give any money you have back to the customer they have said this on thier website and HITA has said it to, Not to make any more payments.
  • muuuuum!!!!!
    Options
    Am also gutted customer of Farepak. read it in Sunday Mirror yesterday, phoned farepak and heard v. unsympapathetic recorded answer.

Had ordered £500 worth of vouchers, My Mum had £200 and my sister £300.
    It has crippled to pay all year but was reassured by the fact at least Christmas was paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am a single parent on benefits. My 10 year old son wrote me a note last night saying..." Dear Mum, Here is £1.62 for Christmas...." He had emptied his piggy bank.

Have rung local paper, no call back as yet. E mailed Watchdog last night and the hamper asssociation. Have just E mailed GMTV. Have also E mailed my claim to the Farepak administrators. Need to do something, so upset......:mad:
  • stebiz
    Options
    Am also gutted customer of Farepak. read it in Sunday Mirror yesterday, phoned farepak and heard v. unsympapathetic recorded answer.

Had ordered £500 worth of vouchers, My Mum had £200 and my sister £300.
    It has crippled to pay all year but was reassured by the fact at least Christmas was paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am a single parent on benefits. My 10 year old son wrote me a note last night saying..." Dear Mum, Here is £1.62 for Christmas...." He had emptied his piggy bank.

Have rung local paper, no call back as yet. E mailed Watchdog last night and the hamper asssociation. Have just E mailed GMTV. Have also E mailed my claim to the Farepak administrators. Need to do something, so upset......:mad:

I feel gutted for you. It is the 'poorer' people in our society that will suffer (please don't take that the wrong way). Although I haven't lost anything personally I think that we should all contact our MP's and ask for a change in the law.

Sign the Poll Here. Just maybe some MP will take it up.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=3208892#post3208892
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family