Farepak in administration: What to do? (Merged Thread)

Options

Comments

• HomeJames_3
    Options
    OMG i feel terrible for you all i too have been saving for vouchers with a colleague at work and ive just phoned having read your posts luckly mine have arrrived. You must be devestated especially the agents having to tell friends and family what has happeded my heart goes out to you all.
    Hopefully things will work out and they will come to some agreement to pay out on the vouchers and hampers so many people see this as a saving scheme throughout the year and the thought of all these familys missing out at christmas is just terrible. I m keeping my fingers crossed for you all.
    Good luck!
    Official DFW nerd 206 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    £2 savers club joined 25/6/06 £54:dance: (0ver £1200 banked)
    LB moment June 06 Debt payed off so far £36000 DFD March 2010:eek:
    Reclaimed fees
    MBNA £302 RBOS £49.58 Mint £25.95
    PPI: A&L £2074 Freemans £770 MBNA £944:j
  • lisadonaldson
    Options
    Hi

does anyone know if homefarm hampers are affected. ???
  • Frell
    Frell Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

If I can remember reading something rightly Home Farm was brought but cant be too sure if you want to make sure why not call them and find out.
  • TERIERI
    TERIERI Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I'm with Homefarm hampers and i have phoned them this morning and was told my order will be totally unaffected.
    Still wont be happy until i have my vouchers delivered!
  • skintlass
    skintlass Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is my first post on mse. I got a phonecall from my sister this morning to say that the company had gone bust and that I should try & cancel this months cheque. I'm gutted, I switched jobs this year and as a result have less money to spend so was relying on this for Christmas - £400 pounds lost. My sister and brother-in-law are in a worse position as they are in debt management and this was the money for the christmas presents for my two nephews. I thought I was safe as Farepak was such a well known name.
    Never let your sucesses go to your head and never let your failures go to your heart.:beer:
  • lisadonaldson
    Options
    Home Farm hampers are not affected in anyway. Just called the company.
  • Theboys!
    Theboys! Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    To say i am gutted is an understatement!
    I feel sorry for my poor agent being left to tell everyone and take the flak.
  • MEMBER02
    MEMBER02 Posts: 811 Forumite
    Options
    HITA the hamper trade association is now cashing in on this disaster,earlier on their contact number was 01482 631410,that number as now changed to a more expensive 08450703706,these 0845 numbers are non geographical numbers and are a way of making extra income for the service provider and the companies that use them,they are also not included in any price plans operated by major phone companies,so HITA are kicking us all in the teeth by introducing a number which also they are advertising as freephone but is NOT a freephone number,and cashing in on this crisis.
  • jennymennie
    Options
    Hello

I am also an agent for Farpak hampers and have also just found out about them going BUST. MY total order for this year was £10,000. I am GUTTED. I have had to phone all my family and frends and explain they have gone bust. I have not stopped crying. I live in Aberdeen Scotland and also have friends that have lost their money. How do you tell your 5 year old he weill be not getting as much for Xmas this year. I have been and agent for 7 years now.
  • burbs_2
    burbs_2 Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    I think it is !!!!!!g (excuse the language but it is needed here) disgusting that this has happened and feel very sorry for everyone involved. Personally i dont use hampers but i feel the pain for people who have lost money, especailly people who are agents and have to tell everyone this has happened.

I cannot beleive that this company continued to take money and left it so late to go bust, surely they knew what was going on. They must have know they were on the way out and yet they continue to accept peoples hard earned.

I know a few people who use Park and they have said they are ok at the moment but surely next year nobody will use these hamper companies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure