warm home discount scheme

Options

Comments

• MissJC
    MissJC Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    So after emailing BG to check if I would be receiving the discountit turns out I don't qualify.
    How I don't qualify I don't know? I get £71 a week on the ESA appeal rate!
    The problem now is that because I thought I would qualify (before winter) I have had my heating on more than I would've done if I knew for certain I wouldn't be getting it.
    I now have a high bill that I hadn't fully budgeted for & am £60 short.
    This whole thing has been handled so badly & I'll be passing the story on too Watchdog as I would recommend others to do to.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MissJC wrote: »
    So after emailing BG to check if I would be receiving the discountit turns out I don't qualify.
    How I don't qualify I don't know? I get £71 a week on the ESA appeal rate!
    The problem now is that because I thought I would qualify (before winter) I have had my heating on more than I would've done if I knew for certain I wouldn't be getting it.
    I now have a high bill that I hadn't fully budgeted for & am £60 short.
    This whole thing has been handled so badly & I'll be passing the story on too Watchdog as I would recommend others to do to.
    you have to be in the main phase of income based ESA to qualify. are you appealing a refusal or appealing against the group you have been put into?

as i have previously mentioned, i 'lost' my payment last year, when i thought i would be getting it so i know exactly how you feel
  • letthemeatcake
    Options
    I have both email and a letter confirming I qualify for British Gas Warm Home Discount but the payment has not been paid into my account as expected. I'm wondering if it will show up when I give my quarterly meter readings?
  • nannytone_2
    Options
    I have both email and a letter confirming I qualify for British Gas Warm Home Discount but the payment has not been paid into my account as expected. I'm wondering if it will show up when I give my quarterly meter readings?

scottish power said that they have a[[;ied the discount and it will show on my next bill. sounds like british gas may be foing the same
  • thestoweman
    Options
    Did you know that if you are on benefits you can have your boiler replaced for an A Rated energy efficient combi boiler for free. They even took away my old water tank. Ive had mine installed by British Gas with warranty and it was arranged by Amerden Environmental. Apparently they can offer this deal anywhere in the UK including Scotland & Northern Ireland. Worth Doing!
  • Troutwrestler
    Options
    Well I was told I would be updated on my meter serial number problem today, surprise surprise. Nothing.
    Come on scottish power. Pull your finger out,

The rep on here replied to me once and then not again. Helpful
    Its all mind over matter. I don't mind and you don't matter:rotfl:
  • nannytone_2
    Options
    they dont seem to grasp that lack of communication is the biggest issue!
    they dont seem to appreciate the stress they are causing people swimply because they dont know what is going on!

if people know what theyre sealing with, they can adapt.
    but the uncertaintly is a killer!

as of this moment it appears that my issue is solved. but i have to wait until the 19th to be sure. so until then, it is an issue
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Andrew I'm so sorry I will chase this again for you today. David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Well I was told I would be updated on my meter serial number problem today, surprise surprise. Nothing.
    Come on scottish power. Pull your finger out,

The rep on here replied to me once and then not again. Helpful

Hi have you e-mailed your details to us at [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL]? we can help. if you haven't can you please put MSE in the header or reference this thread. Thanks David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Troutwrestler
    Options
    Thanks,
    I have sent you an email
    Its all mind over matter. I don't mind and you don't matter:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts