One Call Insurance

Options

Comments

• emmajayne.roberts
    Options
    My insurance with ONECall insurance
    ie cancelling my DD
    what a bunch of useless idiots
    Due to wording made by my previous insurance company (who happen to be motobility) a charity for disabled drivers they are screwing a disabled person for all there money, £560 extra on there premium, so a whopping £129.60 a month for insurance. i have only been with them since march and my premium started at £34 a month. They are screwing us over. there line manager on the weekend refused to speak to me, i was due to have a call back on tuesday which never happened. Though they are quick to send us letters to cancel and say they haven't received all our documents when it's them that have lost them. This is the worst case of customer services i have ever seen.
    Motobility & RSA charity don't charge us premiums, but we have 3yrs of no claims, but because it's not a 3yrs no claims discount they say we don;t quailify for 3yrs no claims, so we now pay £130 a month.
    I am contacting office of fair trading as a floor manager refused to speak to me on the weekend. So crap company with even worse staff and customer service.
    tell you what this company is a joke, Also they want £369 for us to cancel our policy. just wondering what will actually happen if i just cancel our DD. As there is no way we can afford that amount each month. I have 3 kiddies to feed and two of which are disabled where that money could be spent on things to improve there day to day living. As TBH with paying that out, that cuts out some of there therapy sessions which we have to pay for.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You can stop your dd, but all that means is you will have to pay by other means. They will pursue you for any money you owe them.

It sounds as if you claimed you had some no claim discount at the time of applying when you had none, and now they have discovered this they want the correct premium paying.

Worse, it looks like they may be cancelling your policy following none receipt of your docs. You do need to resolve this and stop them cancelling - as this will lead to major problems getting insurance in future.
  • emmajayne.roberts
    Options
    They do now have all my documents

We do have 3yrs no claim but it's through motobility and through that it's not actually called NCD, which i was unaware of.
    We haven't made a claim in 3yrs but one call are not taking that into consideration. They knew my previous insure was motobility.
  • Quentin
    edited 1 June 2012 at 8:46AM
    Options
    Although they knew who your previous insurer was, that wouldn't automatically mean to them that you had no NCD! (You could have earned it from another previous policy), and they would take you at your word when you told them you did have 3 years NCD.

They will have taken your claim free record into consideration when setting your premium, but they also will have (mistakenly), allowed you a discount they have subsequently discovered you don't have.

In your previous post you said they had told you they will cancel your policy (is that unless this is resolved ?).

If so, resolve it with them and don't let them get to cancelling you! This would have to be disclosed for evermore when trying to get insurance.
  • emmajayne.roberts
    Options
    They said they would cancel my policy if all my documents were not returned to them they have now.

so basically i am screwed and have to pay this enormous premium
    though both my husband and i are both in our 30's this amount is a rather shocking amount to have to pay each month.
    I can not wait until next year when i can change.
  • Quentin
    Options
    You could re-run your (correct) details through the usual quote procedures and see if it would be any cheaper to go elsewhere, and if so you can cancel now and start again with a new company.

If you do find a cheaper quote, then find out the full cost of cancelling from one call and make sure the whole exercise will end up saving you some money before cancelling!
  • Devils_Avocado
    Options
    They are quite AWFUL. I decided not to renew my policy with them. I wrote, phoned and emailed. All my communications were totally ignored. They insisted that they were going to give me a second years cover and that I hadn't gone about not taking up a second year in the manner in which they prescribed.

It's been a frustrating and unrewarding experience. They're now threatening to take me to court. I've told them to go for it, I would just love to sit in front of a registrar and recount their sheer awfulness.
  • stevenose
    Options
    Just found out that they renewed my house insurance and set up a new direct debit WITHOUT my authority. They IGNORED my email when I told them I did not want to renew, not they want to FINE me because the direct debit payment was rejected by my bank and CHARGE 25% OF THE YEARS PAYMENTS for less then 1 month of cover that I told them I did not want :mad:

The 'automatic renewal for your convenience' is on page nine of the policy document, they don't even send it to you you have to go and download it (they do send you at least 2 other documents as attachments to emails). I'ts obvious THEY ARE TRYING TO HIDE THIS.

This should be illegal, it's just a con to get more money out of you.
  • bubbles200957
    Options
    I was with this company when i first passed my driving test 3 years ago. I had an old peugeot and tbh i didnt have a problem with them until i called to change my address, they charged me £55 for changing it which i had to pay for legal reasons.
    Then one day my car broke down ( i had paid for breakdown on the policy) so i called them and they told me that the breakdown didnt cover my car as cars being over 10 years old are not covered (they knew the age of my car when i took the policy out). Luckily i left my car for a while and it restarted so i carried on my way but i was left extremly frustrated and angry. That afternoon i called them about this and they said there was nothing they could do even though i insisted that they reimburse me the breakdown cover fees.(which i never did get!)
    Renewal time came around and they told me over the phone that i would get it so much cheaper than the year before as i had been driving for a year, yet when they gave me a quote it was almost 3xmore than the previous year! I said to the man i spoke to that i wasnt going to pay the price as i had got quotes elsewhere cheaper and he told me that they could match the quote. So all was agreed and i just had to wait for the paperwork to look over and sign. I never recieved it (even to this day) and after numerous calls they insisted it had been sent. They had sent it to my old address! So i called them again to which they told me i would have to pay £55 due to changing the policy even though i hadnt even agreed to it as i hadnt recieved the paperwork. I told him to cancel the insurance and i cancelled the DD with my bank. I also complained and ended up getting £20 back from them, but to this day never recieved the breakdown cover money back :mad:
    Stay clear of this company they just rip people off!
  • notsoluckydora
    Options
    OneCall insurance? Well what I can I say? The biggest set of jokers ever and the worst mistake of my life taking insurance from them!!
    Have been insured with these clowns since November and i've had nothing but problems since day 1!! They have served 3, 10 day policy cancellations notices, with regards to documents not recieved and everytime I've rang up and played hell with them they've soon dealt with it and found them. My last direct debit went out on the 1st December for £51 which was the monthly amount i'd signed up to, to my knowledge no changes etc had been made since starting the policy. On christmas eve I recieved a letter stating that as of the 1st January my new direct debit amount would be £99.55!!!! :eek: I have refused to pay it as they can't give me a good enough reason as to why, they are apparently going to fine me £50, haha, good luck!!

I had no difficulty in expressing my opinions to the young lad that answered my phone call, which on my part got quite heated, I had got fustrated by his script answers I could have screamed at him!!!! With this as an added insult they keep badgering me with letters saying they have not recieved copies of driving licences or no claims (they have I emailed them and I have the copies of sent emails!!, I even have automated emails recieved from them thanking me for the documents!!) And whilst i'm on this matter since when do insurance companies ask for copies of driving licences???????? :mad:

So after all of this and the feeling that I was of course trying to flog a dead horse, I recieved a letter recorded delivery (which I didn't sign for as the postie was obviously to busy to knock and get me to do- but thats another issue is this outrageous society!) they have issued another 10 day cancellation notice and THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER REMINDERS ON THIS MATTER IT WILL SIMPLY BE CANCELLED, the phone call I made consisted of the words............ "Shove your insurance policy up your a**e!!" :mad::mad::mad:

My advice people don't bother it's an absolute farce and will do nothing for you other than give you a constant headache!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback