What small DFW things will you be doing this week? WC 19/3

Options

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    All food from home again today and planning to defrost some salami and courgette pasta for dinner.

I got up a little earlier than usual today and put away some washing, I think that might be the way forward, to do these things while the day is still young!

I still have Hermes parcels to drop off, I must make the effort to do that tonight.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: more lovely sunshine ☀️ here today. Didn't water the plants last night so must do tonight if we don't get any of the threatened thunderstorms later. Other things for today:

Check bnaking, not all in there but nothing happening between now and payday and DH and I have £17 in cash between us so we'll end the month ok :T
    Generate my payslip in advance of payday so I can see the new amount now I've change my childcare contribution back due to DH extra hours
    Salad using bits in fridge to work, snacks and hot drink for commute too
    Check surveys, FPL, £poll
    Moved cashback bonus and £co money to savings
    Quick flylady of bathroom whilst supervising smalls brushing their teeth
    Sorted washing, out a load on for later

Right off to do breakfast club and other childcare drop off. Enjoy your day peeps.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,171 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Campers,
    I haven't made many plans today, except that I'd like to get all my 'hot' jobs done this morning so I can have a bit of leisure time later as the day heats up.
    *Water greenhouse & veggie garden while it's still fairly cool.
    *Feed all fruiting veggies.
    *Clear massive mountain of ironing (from laundry catch-up following broken washer saga). Will sort it rigorously first so as to expend electricity only on what really needs it.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Find somewhere nice to put lovely room scenter diffuser thingy (prize won yesterday.....1st win this year).
    *Design new budget spreadsheet.
    *Talk to mr f about possible late summer camping trip.
    *Knit more sock as I want to get lots more projects knitted up this summer too.
    *Start new library book.
    That will do. If it unexpectedly cools down, I will weed the greenhouse border too & possibly go for a walk. I have the car today but don't want to spend money. I have £30 of my June personal spends left & would like to be able to put at least some of it away in my secret tin towards a treat later. Pay-day & new budget next week.
    Have a good day all. I had a tiny bit of good news about my Dad yesterday in what has been a terrible year with seemingly just no good news at all, so that cheered me up a bit.
    Love to all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    Options
    Dawn - sorry to hear you are still not feeling right. Look after yourself x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone
    The weather here has yet to decide what it is going to do. It's cooler but very humid, quite overcast at the minute so I wouldn't be surprised if we have a down pour sometime today unless the blue skies come out.
    Usual things completed this morning-cat cleaning, banking all checked-some bits paid. I'm on the last few weeks of paying for my Christmas vouchers now, payments will just finish in time when my child tax credit finishes bec of DD going off to uni.
    Really pleased, couldn't have wished for better timing and I haven't really missed the money paid every week for the vouchers. Just shows the power of budgeting.
    My lamp arrived this morning for project back bedroom, taking a look I've decided to keep it. There was another lamp that I really liked aswell but it wouldn't have fitted in.
    Im also waiting for a new phone to arrive. Don't need a really posh latest model, but the little brick I currently have is now overheating and cutting out with phonecalls which is no good for work.
    Managed to get a great upgrade deal where I get half price payments for 6 months saving me £48 for the year and then just paying an extra £2 on my contract from what I am paying now on a sim only.
    Going to get my bedding stripped and washed now, and hopefully a dust and hoover today.
    Some paperwork to do, but Wednesdays are without a doubt my favourite day-don't know why.
    ziggy my DD does alot of sport, I would have been very unhappy with sessions with last minute communication, I'm not surprised u woke up in a grump, I would have been exactly the same, especially when u may need to plan transport.
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 June 2017 at 1:52PM
    Options
    Morning all, I've decided to brace going into London today and hoping things don't kick off though a water cannon might be quite refreshing!

DS was out last night so we both just ate today's sandwiches for dinner which leaves me sans lunch. I do have some vouchers for some McJunk for £2 so I might do that, I am out for a drink tonight and won't get to eat until late.

I have the garden a good soaking last night but just went out and tipped a couple of jugs of water in the courgettes, boy, those things are thirsty! I also watered my new hollyhocks, I have read they need to be in tall pots so I'm going to steal Foxy's coffee cup idea.

I transferred the money from my mum's account to pay back for her iPad that I put on my credit card. I've always done her online banking anyway but our power of attorney stuff is finalised so this time it was official!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :) just came back from a couple of hours at the lottie with madam. Having a coffee before going off to the bootfair.

Picked some mange tout, gooseberries and a few more radishes :) planted up sweetcorn and sowed some more dwarf french beans - I had 11 seeds a a small patch ;)

Today I intend to look for glasses & beakers, crockery at the bootfair - madam's party is a a week Sunday and we don't have enough things to cater for everyone! We're also entertaining a lot more at home so a bit embarrassing when we're giving out chipped plates, bowls mugs etc! Might have a wonder down to the high street near the bf as there are some good charity shops there

making a bag madam got as a birthday gift last year when we get home

lunch will be whatever needs using up!

madam has school settling in session this afternoon and as of last week parents/carers are no longer invited so drop her off and then collect her an hour later. Might take my bike so as to make the most of the time!

flaylady

plant purple sprouting broccoli & basil and finally repot peppers!

Hopefully oh will be in the mood later to put together madam's swing we were given at the weekend :)

Get things ready for work tomorow :( not looking forward to it as things not good for me at work at the moment. I've really enjoyed the 6 days I've had off this last week, I made a concerted effect not to think about work too much, haven't turned on my phone or checked emails since Friday. Only 2 days then it's the weekend!

Ok better get ready to go. Hope you all have a lovely day x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • brednall
    brednall Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All.

I had to totally redo my budget spreadsheet yesterday as it had gone a bit off track somehow so all back up to date now.

Got to check banking for today yet - payday next Friday seems a long way off.

A small item sold on ebay and listed 4 more craft items last night so hopefully they will go soon.

Tea tonight from whats in the fridge to use up some sausages but need to pick up some cobs.

Trying really hard not to buy more stuff for my sons birthday but its tough!
    Baby daughter born Jan 10
    Baby son born June 11
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 June 2017 at 5:54PM
    Options
    MONEY MAKING AND SAVING SITES AS OFTEN MENTIONED IN THIS FORUM:
    • Benefits check-up ( Link)
    • Coupon Shop Forum list of money-off coupons (Link)
    • Cooking On A Bootstrap, cheap recipes ( Link)
    • eBid ( Link)
    • Freecycle ( Link)
    • Free Postcode Lottery( Link)
    • FreeStuff ( Link)
    • FreeUKStuff ( Link)
    • Income Tax Calculator (Link)
    • i-Say Surveys (Link)
    • List of online newspapers. At bottom of the linked page. ( Link)
    • LuckyPhone free lottery with loyalty rewards (Link)
    • Marriage Tax Allowance (Link)
    • MSE Boost Your Income page. Gateway to lots of money-making links. ( Link)
    • MSE Abbreviations Explained ( Link)
    • MSE Deals and Vouchers ( Link)
    • MSE Wow Offers ( Link)
    • NHS Minor Ailment Service article (Link)
    • My Supermarket ( Link)
    • Number Plate Lotto (Link) New to this list
    • OnePoll ( Link)
    • Quidco ( Link)
    • Reclaim PPI at no cost to yourself without using a claims company. ( Link)
    • Resolver tool. Helps you draft a letter, send it, monitor replies and then escalate it to an Ombudsman or key complaint body if it's not sorted. (Link)
    • SayNoTo0870 cheap phone number finder ( Link)
    • Survey sites that pay for your opinions ( Link)
    • Swagbucks ( Link)
    • Swapit ( Link)
    • Tickety Split cheap train tickets (Link)
    • Toluna ( Link)
    • TopCashBack ( Link )
    • Wombling Guide (Link)
    • You Need A Budget site and App (Link)
    If any of the links are broken, let me know.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    Options
    Morning Campers,
    I unexpectedly have a whole free day on my hands today, so am not making too many plans but will catch up with tasks as I go along. Essentials for today will be:
    *Greenhouse maintenance
    *Water veggie garden
    *Meal plans
    Anyrhing else will be a nice bonus!
    F xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure