Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynnexxxo wrote: »
    Marion,

Does the swiss roll taste like cake? or more meringuey?

Waterfalls, let us know how you get on if you make it......

Totally tastes like (and feels like) cake! :)

Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

How does one stay at target then? My consultant was more concerned about the fact I would no longer be paying & should bring someone along to replace me :mad:

Lisa x

The authorised way is to have an extra HEB every day. If after a week you're still losing weight, add another. The temptation is to have extra syns which can be a slippery slope to over-synning, leading to weight gain.

Keep going to group for weigh-in, then you'll be able to catch it quickly if you find the weight coming back.

In my opinion, keeping it off is far harder than getting it off but it is possible as long as you remain focussed. Good luck :)

PS: tell your Consultant it's not your job to grow her group for her :mad:
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • consultant31
    Options
    sukimia wrote: »
    Hello All :j

Going along to my local club to sign up tonight :eek: and I just wondered if some of you could tell me something.

If you only had enough money to buy one of the slimming world books from class, which one would it be?

My favourite is the little one called Delicious Days - it helps teach you how to put food together to make varied, interesting meals and, happily, is one of the cheapest at around £2.95 (ish).
  • consultant31
    Options
    Felicity wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me an insight into why my 'free' breakfast became sinful and healthy B'd once I popped it in the microwave for a minute, if indeed it did?

I had magic porridge (made with Muller in fridge overnight) to which I added 1 banana and 150g fresh raspberries. So far so good just 1 healthy B for the porridge and the rest free.

Then I heated it in the microwave for 2 mins, the banana was only just nice and warm but the raspberries had gone a little stewed and it was gorgeous.

Because of this heating the banana is now 4 syns and the raspberries are 1/2 a healthy B.

Can anybody tell me why? I am more than a little confused.

Thank you in advance!!! x

This is one of those times I would say to use your common sense. SW say that cooked, pureed, mashed fruit has a syn value largely because it becomes much easier to over-eat as it's so much softer. However, if you're not having any more than you would have had in it's raw state I wouldn't worry about synning it.

The same applies with a milk-shake. If you have one banana and your HEA of milk and blend them together, they don't suddenly have more calories but you could, in theory, enjoy it so much that you go and make another. Fruit does tend to be more filling when eaten than drunk but occasionaly I really fancy a milkshake and, carefully measured out, I never feel the need to syn it. This should be an occasional treat though!
  • consultant31
    Options
    Marion, thanks for the cake recipe, it looks lovely, I shall give it a try for my birthday tomorrow :)

Karen, I'm so sorry about your Dad. I really hope he can fight it as long as possible. I lost my precious Dad to much the same thing almost 3 years ago - it never goes away :(
  • retiredlady
    Options
    Karen - I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's illness. I hope things go kindly for him and you.

Love
    Marion
  • whoopidoo
    whoopidoo Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    Options
    miamoo wrote: »
    Unless your eating at a wetherspoons!

When I go to Wetherspoons I always have the 5 bean chilli. I love it anyway but I read on another forum that it's only 4.5 syns and that's for the tortilla chips! Yum!
    Felicity wrote: »
    Hi, I made it with the toffee muller and it is lovely heated, the porridge is, as is the fruit (warmish banana and toffee, yum, yum).

Now that sounds yummy! I will have to try that - I have resisted the toffee yoghurt as didn't like the sound of it on it's own - put it with banana! Genius!
    This is nice, I tend to add a bit of strawberry muller in with the quark mixture to make it a little creamier, also add extra sweetener if you like it sweeter!

Swiss Roll Cake - 1/2 syn for the whole thing!

Ingredients:

4 eggs
    1 tub quark
    strawberries
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp baking powder
    5 tbsp sweetener powder

Method:

1. Seperate eggs and whisk whites untill stiff.
    2. Mix the yolks with half the quark and 4 tblsp sweetener, baking powder and vanilla.
    3. Put half the eff white mixture into the yolk mixture and gently mix together then gently fold in the rest of the egg whites.
    4. Put onto a thin baking tran and bake on gas mark 5 or 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
    5. Mix rest of the quark with 1 tblsp sweetener and place on top of the cooked egg mixture. Add sliced strawberries on top of the quark and then roll up!

Oh my word I am so going to try this. Do you mind if I add the recipe to my blog?
    :staradminHuuuuuuge thank you hugs to all posters:staradmin
  • miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2010 at 7:33PM
    Options
    Yes I have read the bean chilli is a good option. Dont get the Jacket potato from wetherspoons though, they inject them with oil and deep fry them!

Today has gone really well, I havent used any syns yet, and my weigh in is in the morning so dont want to go to mad tonight.

I might treat myself to a cream doughnut once I've checked the syns, I've a feeling it might be over though, maybe I will just have half:D

Fresh cream doughnut 13 syns ooh I am tempted!
    £100 - £10,000
  • Circes_2
    Circes_2 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Waterfalls wrote: »
    Hello there

my mum is on the slimming world plan and doing very well ( shes lost 3 stone!!)
    i was wonderng if i could have ur advise. its her birthday on thursday, and i would like to get her a cake, but dont want to undo the good work she has done so far. any recommendations??

Thank u for ur time!!

Check out the cake recipes on this SW recipe site

www.slimmingeats.com
  • retiredlady
    Options
    whoopidoo wrote: »
    When I go to Wetherspoons I always have the 5 bean chilli. I love it anyway but I read on another forum that it's only 4.5 syns and that's for the tortilla chips! Yum!

Now that sounds yummy! I will have to try that - I have resisted the toffee yoghurt as didn't like the sound of it on it's own - put it with banana! Genius!

Oh my word I am so going to try this. Do you mind if I add the recipe to my blog?

No, I don't mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure