Options
    No 128 - OP of £50 made today :D
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • curlygirl1971
    curlygirl1971 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will be OP'ing another £800 tomorrow - this is a Bonus Payment relating to last year but only just been approved.

Cake, I OP'd 208 on March 1st (and googledoc'd it) and have just OP'd another £845 yesterday (just googledoc'd that too :D)

£800 was my bonus and the £45 was scraped together some other bits - that was the hard part. I've left myself a bit short actually and will have to breath in for the next few weeks. Oops. Sometimes the feeling you get when you OP is a wee bit addictive and you can get carried away when messing around with spreadsheets - forgetting that actually it represents REAL money that you might REALLY need to spend at somepoint in the near future. Ah well never mind - that's another 4 months knocked off my mortgage.

How's everyone else doing on this fine and sunny day?
  • Catslovelycats
    Catslovelycats Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is anyone on here wondering if they'll be able to make OPs if the rates go up?
    I know they won't make a huge difference in the extra we'll have to pay, but if they start creeping up over a period of time as they are suggesting, I won't be able to make the OPs I'm aiming for. That would be gutting!
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cake, I OP'd 208 on March 1st (and googledoc'd it) and have just OP'd another £845 yesterday (just googledoc'd that too :D)

£800 was my bonus and the £45 was scraped together some other bits - that was the hard part. I've left myself a bit short actually and will have to breath in for the next few weeks. Oops. Sometimes the feeling you get when you OP is a wee bit addictive and you can get carried away when messing around with spreadsheets - forgetting that actually it represents REAL money that you might REALLY need to spend at somepoint in the near future. Ah well never mind - that's another 4 months knocked off my mortgage.

How's everyone else doing on this fine and sunny day?

I've left myself a bit short this month too :o I was trying so hard to fill an ISA this year (to offset against mortgage) and i only managed £3300. Got a bonus at work so i put that in and then added a bit too much more. I was still £600 short though - i'm gutted!! I'm definitely an addict!!

I'm now living on store cupboard foods to keep the shopping bills down, although this isn't a bad thing as the costs were getting to be out of control again.

Hope everyone is ok... x
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• SimbaSimon
    SimbaSimon Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anyone on here wondering if they'll be able to make OPs if the rates go up?
    I know they won't make a huge difference in the extra we'll have to pay, but if they start creeping up over a period of time as they are suggesting, I won't be able to make the OPs I'm aiming for. That would be gutting!

Definitely will have to reconsider OPs if rates go up, but as rates are expected to go up by .25%-.50% only each time they are raised I'm not too concerned. Just may have to overpay less if necessary but still have plenty of expenditure elsewhere I could cut back on to allow to overpay. Currently overpaying less at the moment anyway as have a holiday next month and need spending money but after the holiday the money that was used for that will go back to overpayments.
  • UnionGirl
    UnionGirl Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you very much for the welcome CurlyGirl1971. Here I am on (hopefully) the proper thread.
    As my Mum always said "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves"
  • UnionGirl
    UnionGirl Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Whoops! Forgot to ask for number - can I have one please?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on which threads to look at for making savings/earning extra income?

Thank you in advance.

Target for 2011 £1200:T
    As my Mum always said "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves"
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    UnionGirl wrote: »
    Whoops! Forgot to ask for number - can I have one please?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on which threads to look at for making savings/earning extra income?

Thank you in advance.

Target for 2011 £1200:T

:wave:Hello UnionGirl & welcome :wave:.

If you have a look at the Up Your Income Board HERE there are lots of threads about mystery shopping, survey sites etc. A quick tip - if you go on the mystery shopping thread make sure you read the first couple of pages before asking any questions - a lot of what you want to know is there.

Good luck :)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Malski
    Malski Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bit more paid off and we are finally below the £35,000 mark now. Start to aim towards getting below teh £30,000 mark.
    2012 Mortgage Free Wannabe # 69
    Opening mortgage £126,000 19/05/00
    Ended 2011 £31,019
    :j£0.00 07/12/2012 :j
    Never put socks in a toaster.
  • Froggy-G
    Froggy-G Posts: 2,145 Forumite
    Options
    No 78 reporting with another £100 OP for March.
    Total for March £450
    Total for 2011 so far: £2365.04

Cheers
    Froggy :D
    Froggy's New Lillypad Fund
    Total so far: £ 10,009.77
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income