Eviction notice served

Options

Comments

• peb
    peb Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It seems to be common practice in this area that the Local Authority will not consider you for housing until after an eviction notice has been served; in my mind it seems to be an expensive way of sorting out who is truly homeless but the LA do seem to then "find" accomodation which they did not have before. In some instances I have known (speaking as a Landlord) the Local Authority to pay the WHOLE rent if they have not had alternative accomodation but if the Landlord is seling this probably is not an option. But please do your best not to worry; I do not think that in your circumstances you can be classed to be intentionally homeless.

Hope all goes well.
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck for today go early and speak to a solicitor at the court as it can do you no harm...How can you be intentionally homeless as you couldn't pay the rent..so I wouldn't worry too much as someone else said just tell them everything that got you into this situation ...good luck
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only just seen this thread, and I just want to wish you luck today. :beer:
    Councils certainly appear to act in mysterious ways.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck today.

Shelter are the best to help you, have a chat to them after the court case.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to send you lots of luck and support for today, I don't know anything about the court processes but hope that it all goes in your favour.

Good luck and let us know what happens, thinking of you x
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    Good luck for the court case xx
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
  • mumoftwins
    Options
    Off to court now - be back on later today. Thanks everyone :T
    Christians Against Poverty - www.capuk.org
  • trying-very-trying
    Options
    I've just seen this thread this morning. I have to agree with all the advice given here already. Go with what the courts say, and you will be considered as homeless with priority need for permanent accommodation because of the children.

Definitely do not leave the house before the courts say that you absolutely have to, or you will be considered intentionally homeless. I can say this with certainty, as my daughter has just been evicted from her flat, apparently illegally, but we didn't know then what we know now.

I wish you all the best, and i will be thinking about you today.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member # 593 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts!

• melly84
    Options
    Good luck! xxx
  • melly84
    Options
    Hey MOT, how did it go?
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing