Alliance & Leicester (merged)

Options

Comments

• kelly's_skint
    Options
    courierman wrote: »
    MCOL claim issued on 4/5/07

The person I spoke to said they use a 'calculator' to work out charges and only include 'paid item' charges in their calculations and not unauthorised overdraft or bounced cheque fees so the amount offered was based on paid item charges only.

Hi, well thats interesting as I recieved a letter and cheque fom A & Lfor £458 (I am claiming £1710). In the letter they say ''Default charges may apply to current accounts when items are presented for payment whilst the account is in excess of its overdraft limit and are retured unpaid (bounced) and a fee is charged. We do not believe that the term applies to other types of fee.''

Now I am sure they are completely opposites????? Please correct me if I am wrong :o
  • Sparkles81_2
    Sparkles81_2 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, Im new to Martin's chat boards. But I need some advice, which I cannot find a answer to on this site.

I have started a mcol claim with alliance & leicester to get my bank charges back. I issued the claim on the 10/05/07.

Today, I received a letter from A&L offering me a partial settlement, basically on charging me £12.00 for each bank charge and refunded me the difference between the original £30 per item charged. Makes sense.

I don't want this, I want to go to full repayment of my charges. So, my question is what do I need to do now????

Do I need to tell mcol about the partial offer, do I need to write to A&L reject it and tell mcol that I have done that.

Really not sure what to do. Help needed, urgently.

Many thanks
    Best regards
    Sparkles81
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Refuse the offer. Let the court claim continue. You don't need to reply to the bank, but it would be polite to do so.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • dj9928
    dj9928 Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Head judge in N.I has suspended all bank charge cases until further notice Grrrr!!!!
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just read this on the CAG forum.:rolleyes: It does mean that others (like meicon5.gif) may just be ahead of you now, so you'll have more of an idea how A&L are going to play it.

Sorry to hear this all the same ... just when you were all hyped up for court and hoping to put an end to it all.
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • dj9928
    dj9928 Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    MimiJane wrote: »
    Just read this on the CAG forum.:rolleyes: It does mean that others (like meicon5.gif) may just be ahead of you now, so you'll have more of an idea how A&L are going to play it.

Sorry to hear this all the same ... just when you were all hyped up for court and hoping to put an end to it all.

wheres the thread? had a look but cant see it.
  • MimiJane
    Options
    Posted by seboyle ... don't think it will tell you anything new though.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/90917-more-stalling.html

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • eyeball0001
    eyeball0001 Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    Right then guys, esp Mimijane etc...

I had sent a letter off addressing the fact that i hadn't 'particularised' the claim...

I got a reply today (the same day that it has transferred to my local court of lambeth) saying that - and this is from Wragge etc -

"Technically that doesnt not deal with the issue in relation to the Particulars of Claim, which would require formal amendment under order of the Court, or where you wil need to introduce these details into evidence for the Court (by way of witness statementor otherwise) during the course of the proceedings. We say this not to be difficult, but only as comment on the Court rules."

they go on to say that they are unable to advise on whether i should take action to deal with this or whther to take legal advice 'on both options'.

I dont see two 'options' in there! and it seems to me like I am going to be presenting this as evidence in court, so what are they asking me to do?

Confused!
    A&L - 1st letter requesting money sent 22/03
    - Standard Reply
    - 2nd letter requesting money sent
    02/04

- Standard Reply
    - 23/04/07 MCOL claim started
    - 27/04/07 - Offer received & rejected
    - 28/04/07 - Letter fromA&L Solicitors stating intention to defend

HSBC - 1st letter requesting money sent 07/03
    - Standard Reply

- 2nd letter requesting money sent 21/03
    - 01/05 Received Offer for good amount
  • umalou
    umalou Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I am now getting quite worried. Alliance & Leicester have until this coming Wednesday, 23 May to give me an answer or I have to start court proceedings. I have registered my personal details on MCOL but I haven't a clue what I have to do next!!! I keep reading about people gathering all their paperwork together, what is this???? is it bank statements and the letters that I have sent and received? Can anyone tell me what I actually have to do please?
  • MimiJane
    Options
    Right then guys, esp Mimijane etc...

I had sent a letter off addressing the fact that i hadn't 'particularised' the claim...

I got a reply today (the same day that it has transferred to my local court of lambeth) saying that - and this is from Wragge etc -

"Technically that doesnt not deal with the issue in relation to the Particulars of Claim, which would require formal amendment under order of the Court, or where you wil need to introduce these details into evidence for the Court (by way of witness statementor otherwise) during the course of the proceedings. We say this not to be difficult, but only as comment on the Court rules."

they go on to say that they are unable to advise on whether i should take action to deal with this or whther to take legal advice 'on both options'.

I dont see two 'options' in there! and it seems to me like I am going to be presenting this as evidence in court, so what are they asking me to do?

Confused!

Hi there,

Do your POC tie in with your schedule of charges, i.e. do all the figures match? Have you sent Wragge your schedule of charges? If yes to both points, haven't a clue what they're talking about and can only think they're trying to confuse/frighten you and tie you up in knots:rolleyes:

I'd go onto the CAG forum eyeball and ask their advice if I were you.

Keep us posted.

x

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business