C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    It is supposed to be cooler today, thank goodness! I love the sunshine, but have struggled to do anything in the heat of the last few days. It was 31 degrees most of yesterday afternoon, and I spent all my time trying to keep little GD cool and happy.

Anyway, today's plans, such as they are:
    Tidy up, sort and put away toys etc (a LOT of toys, and she was also playing with some of my sales stock which also needs putting away :rotfl:)
    Empty paddling pool - I will use the water for plants, not simply tip it out!
    Garden maintenance
    Make a list and do some shopping
    Something from the freezer for dinner, to have with our own HG vegetables :)
    Look for surveys, onepoll is creeping up towards half way again :)

More coffee needed first though, I was up late due to being awake and hot for much of the night :o

I
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all, thankfully it is a little cooler today.

I went out for a drink and a bite to eat last night so missed the YS run so need to buy lunch again today so a trip to the SM is in order #notpayingsohoprices

I'm hoping for a thunderstorm today but will still get out to water the garden later as even the heaviest rain doesn't make much impact on stuff in pots.

Operation clear out will continue with little room for sentimentality.

I still haven't dropped the Hermes packages.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: your day sounds lovely Foxgloves want to swap ;)

My day looks like:

WFH :D
    Pop to town and get and post card for friend, and post two wedding RSVPs, stamps from surveys
    Get something out of freezer for tea
    Make a cake/snacks of some description
    check banking - DH has been paid from job 2 :T Transferred to LPDF :D
    Try and do some exercise later, even if its just a couple of laps on my bike

Hmm, small list but manageable I think :)
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon everyone
    Much cooler day today with some rain. while doing the garden good the damp has not done my pain levels much good and I've upped my meds for today.
    Checked banking first thing and cat cleaning all done.
    Topsy-turvy in the way of food.
    DD is working 3-10pm so did a dinner for lunch. Not used to eating a full meal at lunch but it was enjoyed and the heat of the oven warmed the kitchen lovely which was great for the pain. Going to go to bed about 5pm tonight to elevate leg and have a hot water bottle on stump just to settle things down.
    Sounds mad talking about a hottie after the weather we have been having.
    DD is doing some shopping before her shift for me for a couple of bits, but mainly eating out of the cupboards and freezer at the minute.
    Just doing a quick hoover and I want to mop the kitchen floor-if I don't do it, it will just annoy me for the day.
    After getting bedding washed and dried yesterday, I got the cushions on first thing on a 30 degree wash.
    Want to try and get some paperwork done later if I can, if I get bored I'm my own worst enemy.
    Well that's it from me for now
    Have a good day everyone xx
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • DawnW
    edited 22 June 2017 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Hope you are ok HK :(
    DawnW wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    It is supposed to be cooler today, thank goodness! I love the sunshine, but have struggled to do anything in the heat of the last few days. It was 31 degrees most of yesterday afternoon, and I spent all my time trying to keep little GD cool and happy.

Anyway, today's plans, such as they are:
    Tidy up, sort and put away toys etc (a LOT of toys, and she was also playing with some of my sales stock which also needs putting away :rotfl:) Done
    Empty paddling pool - I will use the water for plants, not simply tip it out! Done
    Garden maintenance Watered young fruit trees at back of raised bed, did some much needed weeding, planted a couple of gifted sprout plants (under netting cage thing, to hopefully keep off the cabbage whites), pulled some radishes :)
    Make a list and do some shopping Done, still need a few bits as we went to Lidls and they didn't have everything on my list.
    Something from the freezer for dinner, to have with our own HG vegetables :)My brother texted to say he was coming up, so bought some chicken from Lidls
    Used HG spring onions, radishes and potatoes with dinner
    Sorted out spare bedroom and remade bed
    Put some sales stock away - must try to get to sales unit, as it has been sadly neglected this month :(
    Look for surveys, onepoll is creeping up towards half way again :)None so far today :(
    Must do something with some apples and pears in the fruit bowl which are looking a bit tired. Maybe a crumble!

More coffee needed first though, I was up late due to being awake and hot for much of the night :o

I
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all, the thread has been very quiet today, can't have it slipping off to page two again ;)

Today was a hell of a lot cooler here than yesterday but even so, after missing watering the courgettes last night all the bottom leaves have turned yellow. I have cut them off to let them concentrate on rehydrating the leaves and flowers/fruits that are still okay.

I counted and Auby has 15 flowers/buds, I don't know what the flower/aubergine conversion rate is but I have my fingers crossed!

I did some deadheading and relocated more rose fly larvae thingys to next door's bird table.

There are lots of helicopters landing near here tonight, I've no idea what's going on, hope it's not air ambulances :(

I popped in to survey the YS stuff and it had been reduced early, I got three packs of spinach and feta filo pastries which we had for dinner, the usual sandwiches, some cream cakes, a ready meal and five packs of asparagus and tender leaf broccoli reduced to 20p each which are all in the freezer.

Then I popped back later to do 'proper' shopping as we'd run out of cat food, soft drinks and toilet roll and spent about five times as much.

I'm going to catch up on EastEnders then jump in the bath.

Night all!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :) feeling really flat today. Work continues to be a nightmare :( yesterday (after being assured in a meeting this wouldn't happen 3 working days ago!) I was informed I am being moved to Dartford, I had my "appraisal" where I was given a typed out document and no appraisal as such, and sat through 10 minutes of being lectured about requesting 1/2 day leave (I requested it on the Monday for Friday afternoon) and how this is too short notice and how it lets my colleagues, clients and service down. I went away and read the policy and I needed to give 48 hours notice. Am sick of it!

Have a couple of jobs I'm going to apply for which I need to do over the weekend....

Anyway today!

* payday (my manager didn't put in my over time sheet to finance so I didn't get paid....)
    * did money shuffle
    * make madam's & my lunches - cooking a spicy bean burger as I type
    * water greenhouse before work
    * pick up milk
    * go to the lottie and water after work
    * start making serious lists for madam's party
    * do 1 garden task in prep of said party!

Ok that'll do! Happy Friday guys x

HK hope you're ok x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Grr, that's so frustrating DNMS - when I was reading your post I was thinking that was enough notice. In my place they say to give as much notice as the holiday is long so 2 weeks if you want to take 2 weeks off and 1 day notice for 1 day. They don't sound very understanding. :( I can feel a new exciting job for you just round the corner!

I've been away with work this week. Drove @ 50p per mile for 430 miles so that will be a nice bonus when it comes through. ;)

I'm off work today so hopefully get a few bits and bobs done. Got an appointment at 11.30 so kinda in the middle of my day but still good to have some time off. Being v thankful for the NHS so shan't complain!

Going out with a pal for dinner tonight and then hopefully staying with the inlaws but OH hasn't cleared it with them so I may well be on the train...

OH's job finishes up next week so he's been talking to recruitment agencies - and so it begins... :)

Righty-oh, happy Friday my lovelies.
    :beer:
  • DawnW
    Options
    Sorry that your job is such a nightmare at the moment DNMS. Hope you manage to get something else soon. Sadly your experience isn't atypical of the caring type professions these days, what with the cuts and more people needing the services :( Is it likely to be any better in another setting? Had you thought of stepping away and doing something less stressful for a while? Difficult I know if that is your career path :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure