Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    OOoh - that all sounds quite positive! :D xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Indeedy! And we had another morsel of 'rent' from them yesterday, which I was not expecting.

Needless to say, I didn't get up for 6 to do things... Glad I hadn't really planned to as they were up and showering by 6.15ish. If dd wakes up happily, I may get the baking done before school. Or I may just read...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Roll on Saturday night :beer:

Have a good day Apple. You are always so industrious - you may just have inspired me to make some bread :)

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Definitely!

Let the industriousness begin.... by putting on a coffee. And arming myself with vinegar, bleach and a toothbrush. Not for the pastry, but the limescale and mouldy bits in the bathroom that are bothering me.
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done for tackling the bathroom - I've been avoiding mine like the plague, as that's what it might give me in its current state. :p

By the way, that alphabet song sent me down a UTube spiral that included French Disney songs, Eurovision classics and ended by finding the most disturbing German dubbing of Chim Chim Cheree. :rotfl:

PS. Cat outfit sounded adorable :)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Bathroom smouldering away. :eek:

Soup nearly made.

All 'new' crockery removed from cupboard/dresser thingy (after moving 3 bikes, 2 scooters, 1 trampoline and various bits of gubbins that had taken up residence in front of it) and rinsed off and put in crockery cupboard. Therefore, all 'old' crockery now sitting in a pile on the dining room table. Cutlery drawer also emptied (and hoovered - go me!) and 'new', lovely cutlery put in there, with the 'old' stuff joining the crockery.

A visit to the newsagent rendered no magiki kitten thingibobs. A visit to the c00p delivered no bargain food. A visit to the chemist got me gf oats, pizza base, flours aplenty, hydrocortisone, but no bread yet (so I'm glad I bought that yesterday) :D. No money spent.

Coffee now being savoured as I have 30 mins before heading out. Bakewells can wait.

Pearla - sorry about the utube descent!!!

Oh me, oh my! Just realised that I have done 4/7 on my list and I haven't even finished coffee #2 :T Better have a sit down to recover...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Bakewells all made - somehow I always make 11! There are 10 now...

Bathroom is positively sparkling. I also vinegared the shower head. Though I reckon I'm the only one who'd notice. But it makes me happy.

Gf v grateful for all the crockery, mugs, bed linen, even coasters!

Lovely visit to friend was had - and much gf biscuit scoffing was done.

I managed to fully make up 2 bags, and 4 handles. And cut out 2 more. Something to potter on with tomorrow, eh?

It's an early drop off for cheer in the morning, so I may head off for another run and end up in sainz where the free papers reside and get some to wrap up the crockery, etc.

Today ended up being another NSD, so 11 thus far :D

The soup is yummilicious and made about 6 portions. 4 have been frozen.

Dh came home, worn out, and announced that he needed to work harder. What???!!??? Apparently there is talk of redundancies. Again. They did this last year, a little later in the year, announcing it all just before Christmas, and then spending 10s of 1000s ensuring that a project the vice-president wanted doing got done - probably spending the equivalent of several people's annual salary...

Ah well, we'll see what happens...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Weds:
    - cheerleading
    - run
    - get copies of free local paper from near sainz
    - washing
    - go in to dd's school after lunch
    - bag-making
    - secret knitting
    - email culling
    - collect dd + friend after disco (hence the cat outfit)
    - aldee shop? Either weds or thurs, and am waiting in on thurs for dss+ gf's shipped stuff from Oz to be delivered - should be given a 2-hour slot, but that may not happen...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Weds:
    - cheerleading :T
    - run :T
    - get copies of free local paper from near sainz - NO WAY - far to soggy out there!
    - washing:T
    - go in to dd's school after lunch
    - bag-making :T
    - secret knitting
    - email culling
    - collect dd + friend after disco (hence the cat outfit)
    - aldee shop? Either weds or thurs, and am waiting in on thurs for dss+ gf's shipped stuff from Oz to be delivered - should be given a 2-hour slot, but that may not happen... :T

Got the food shop for £20. Love this week's super 6!

Dh remembered v late last night that he had an eye appointment at the hospital today. After 10 mins of searching for the hospital, it turns out that it is a WING on our main hospital, just with the name of an area somewhere miles away! Due to the time of the appt, he went in to work and then returned home at 10 when I drove him to a bus stop. Hope he gets there on time...

Off to do a bit more bag sewing then general tidying and washing up - yep, they STILL do not wash up their morning stuff - the washing up fairy does it... Then lunch and in to dd's school to do some governor stuff.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A total of 10 bags have been made/ had transfers ironed on. That is enough!

Governor stuff done at dd's school.

Girls collected from disco and fed, so no need to have Transformers Rescue Bots on the tv now!

Dh is rather overwhelmed at the mo: work, his eyes (due an op on one of them in Nov, and then the New Year for the other), church PA, new church PA, sorting out monies for his ds + gf for the flat, no free time to himself really.

The countdown to freedom (tee hee, does that ring a bell, Tilly?) is just 3 more nights...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback