MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• freshstart11
    Options
    Oh my god I'm going in tomorrow...fully expecting a long stay but will see. Will update if anyone interested in what they do (ftm/first induction)xx
    Official DFD: Dec 29
    Challenge DFD: July 23
    Debts Cleared: 1/13
    Building EF: £20/£600 3%
  • shorty1978
    Options
    Oh my god I'm going in tomorrow...fully expecting a long stay but will see. Will update if anyone interested in what they do (ftm/first induction)xx

Thinking of you today :) hope all goes well.

Still nothing from me- thought it was all kicking off last night- bump had dropped lots and it was difficult to walk plus lots of light tightenings.
    Nothing this morning though!

Happy Boxing Day everyone
  • Timeflies
    Options
    Nothing happening here either shorty 1978! I could quite happily wait til Monday :) I've been sleeping much better in the last few days than I did last week :j

Hope it goes well for you freshstart11!
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    Hope everyone has had a lovely couple of days :)

Freshstart - hope things are happening for you!!!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    Nicky I bought some kind of swaddle sheet thing (?!) which we are planning on using too, I have heard good things about the pods though. Hope you are feeling better now.

shorty hope baby doesn't keep you waiting for too much longer and look forward to reading an update from you!

missymoo, milly, Trixsie, Tilly dreams, Always alone, Princess kate, and Aunty Pickle welcome to the thread :)
    Tilly dreams sorry to hear about your bleeding but good everything ok, hopefully it was just a one off :)

freshstart thinking of you! Hope everything is going okay and look forward to reading your next update.

mr_knight sorry you are having a tough time and hope you didn't/don't have to stay in hospital too long.

Timeflies hope it happens for you soon but not too soon and you can take advantage of some good sleep!! What car seat base are you after? We were going to wait til the Jan sales too (ended up buying the maxi cosi familyfix base, we were given one but need one for each car) but it's never in the sales so decided not to.

fuzzipeg glad your little dude seems to be doing okay. Sorry to hear about the diabetes issues though :(

Carrot glad your girls are okay. I feel the same about christmas this year - it's lovely and everything but not really thought very much about it! I don't carry my notes everywhere although i probably should start soon.

Thanks to all for comments re sheets over baby - I think we'll just use blankets as you say and use sleeping bags when old enough.

Hope everyone has had a lovely few days. I got a beautiful yummy mummy changing bag for christmas along with some bath bombs to use on maternity leave and a voucher for a maternity massage :) I am off now til Jan 5th which is very nice :j I then go back for just under 4 weeks then start maternity leave. I am very excited! Unfortunately, as of yesterday my fingers have swollen a bit and I can no longer wear my wedding rings :(
  • freshstart11
    Options
    Nothing Is happening lol

Well cervix was waaaay back and 0cm. Not been checked since but u have had period pains, back ache and leg pain but all eased a little recently. Toco starting to show some peaks.

Had 24 propress fitted which hurt badly at ten am. Checking me in seven hrs then if can break waters (doubt it) they will or start me on six hr gel
    Official DFD: Dec 29
    Challenge DFD: July 23
    Debts Cleared: 1/13
    Building EF: £20/£600 3%
  • runmichellerun
    Options
    Hello all. Sorry I haven't updated in a long long time. Emma Charlotte was born on 13th December by natural delivery but 18 days overdue!! It was a fairly normal birth, and the most interesting thing that happened was that she turned back to back despite having been in the perfect position throughout my pregnancy. Cue much back pain in contractions, but she's worth it.
    LBM February 2008. DFD March 2013 19 August 2011
    Debt at LBM £14,395.48. Debt Now £0
  • Timeflies
    Options
    Aw, welcome to the world Emma Charlotte! That's fab news runmichellerun :j hope you're enjoying a nice Christmas with little Emma.

Thinking of you freshstart11 - hope it goes well.

Sulphate, yes, it was the maxi-cosi familyfix base we were after. Same here, we bought one at £150, which is what everyone seems to charge, and wanted a second for the other car. So at least 10% off is saving £15. We had a chnaging bag for Christmas, so that's us pretty much set for baby gear :)
  • x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Congratulations to runmichellerun on your lovely news, I bet your Christmas was amazing :)
    I'm looking forward to the updates shorty1978, freshstart11 and Timeflies! I'm pleased your Christmases weren't interrupted, but I'm sure now you just want baby to hurry up! Fingers crossed it will be soon :)
    Welcome to more of you lovely ladies from the 12-24 thread, pleased to see you're joining us and livening it up here :hello:

Well I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and Boxing Day :) We had a really lovely relaxing couple of days spent with family; eating lots, drinking lots - don't worry, I stuck to my one glass of Prosecco :o - watching crap tv, playing games, but also with lots of mentions of 'This time next year' etc which was very surreal to think how different it will actually be!

I got lots of lovely gifts, many pampering ones for myself which is always good, but we also got a lovely gift of a 4D scan and baby even got its first pair of Converse! Extremely cute, although it will be a long time before he/she can wear them I think :p Did any of you have things bought for baby/babies?

Thanks for your post re: the 10% off in Halfords, Timeflies, although they don't sell the particular one we want. DH was taken by the Aton Q and I doubt we'll get any offers on that as it is relatively new! We also want the Oyster2, and Mothercare are currently doing a deal where you buy the chassis and a colour pack and get a free Aton carseat, but there are three issues we have so we won't be taking the offer - 1. It is not the Q 2. They only have it in black or dark grey (DH wants the eye-catching orange!) and 3. The only pushchair colour packs they have are blue, red or green.
    We still have lots of vouchers from joining the parenting clubs such as £10 off a £100 spend, also a few 10% off here and there, so whilst I don't think our choice of pram and carseat will be discounted in the Jan sales we should still be able to get some money taken off, although I'm keeping my eyes peeled! Ladies, please let me know if you see any sales on either of those two things! :)

Have any of you been looking in the sales yet and spotted or even bought some bargains?
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    We're getting the oyster too missy, have you had much of a play with it? It's really light which is what I like. Tho k we'll get it from John Lewis as they don't start the guarantee until your due date where other places start from when you buy it. A few different places have different colour packs, exclusive colours to them so can always get that from a different place when I find one I fancy. My dad gave us his family fux base he'd bought for my nephew, think they used it a couple of times do that was handy & we got the maxi cosi car seat in the sake on motgercare, I ordered a lot in the sale, cot bed mattress, some clothes for me & baby, shelves for the nursery & bedding, some was delivered on Christmas Eve but the rest is being held hostage by city link. Awful news on Christmas Day they have gone into administration but not sure what will happen with the rest of my delivery now, I'll have to phone Monday & see if I can collect it! Had a couple of presents for the baby, hubby got a gorgeous 1st outfit, my friend who we just buy Christmas socks for each other got some lovely tiny socks for baby too!! I had a sewing machine which I'm very excited about, can't wait to get playing on it now!

Keeping an eye on the furniture we're after on mamas & papas too as obviously we want to get it for the best price.

Hope everyone has had a lovely christmas & enjoyed a few days rest. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport