Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• OohSoHolly
    Options
    Where people have instigated the cancellation and it’s pending, when you’ve gone back to live chat are you simply just saying you’ve cancelled can you offer me anything to stay? I’ve still only got the 30% offer on my account but would ideally like 50%. Many Thanks :)
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    My expected future bills adjusted within a couple of hours;however, the recalculation on the upcoming sub for this month was corrected twice in the days after I took the deal.:rotfl:
    Thanks. They said mine would be requested within two working days, so hopefully adjustments when they do it on Monday/Tuesday. I did it last night so it will probably be Tuesday at the latest. I'll be playing merry hell if it isn't done by then :rotfl:
  • Pauleb80
    Pauleb80 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OohSoHolly wrote: »
    Where people have instigated the cancellation and it’s pending, when you’ve gone back to live chat are you simply just saying you’ve cancelled can you offer me anything to stay? I’ve still only got the 30% offer on my account but would ideally like 50%. Many Thanks :)

My usual story was that I was about to sign up with BT / Virgin on a really good deal but before committing was just wanting to check if Sky could give me the deal I wanted to stay with them (plus loads of bs about how I loved Sky, didn't want to leave but cost was forcing me to take my business elsewhere). Eventually it worked, but took a long time to get the deal I wanted.
  • tomo658
    tomo658 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a first time sky customer coming to the end of my first 12 month contract. I've just had the basic tv package, I've been paying £10 a month which is a 50% discount from £20 a month. I sent an email to cancel a few days ago, I had a call this afternoon and was offered 15% off for 12 months which would be £17 a month. Is it best to continue with my cancellation and wait for a better offer?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Options
    tomo658 wrote: »
    I'm a first time sky customer coming to the end of my first 12 month contract. I've just had the basic tv package, I've been paying £10 a month which is a 50% discount from £20 a month. I sent an email to cancel a few days ago, I had a call this afternoon and was offered 15% off for 12 months which would be £17 a month. Is it best to continue with my cancellation and wait for a better offer?

YES ! You should get at least 50% discount again:)
  • daverave
    daverave Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    OohSoHolly wrote: »

If you are quite happy with 50% off and in your cancellation period then all you need to do is visit sky.com/stay50 which will give you the 50% off offer :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    daverave wrote: »
    If you are quite happy with 50% off and in your cancellation period then all you need to do is visit sky.com/stay50 which will give you the 50% off offer :)

Thanks for that, I've not come across that before (is it new?)

The offer ends at 12.00am on Thursday 28 December 2017 and mine goes up on the 14th Dec so I may just accept that myself although I'll still have to sort the BB.
  • daverave
    daverave Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that, I've not come across that before (is it new?)

The offer ends at 12.00am on Thursday 28 December 2017 and mine goes up on the 14th Dec so I may just accept that myself although I'll still have to sort the BB.

It's been around for a while with the offer end date extending every now and again. For my broadband I went to the manage package section of My Sky and chose the option to cancel and reason that I'd found a cheaper deal with another provider. I was initially offered half price broadband unlimited for 12 months but after putting in my notice to cancel tv the broadband offer then changed to free broadband unlimited for 12 months with only line rental to pay which I accepted.
  • badgerswithafros
    Options
    daverave wrote: »

Thanks for this. I just cancelled last week and was on here looking at best way forward to get a deal (other than the 30% offered on my MySky homepage).

Do you know if I click on the "Click Here" button once on that page is that me commited to taking the deal, or is there a chance to review the exact price etc? (It's not clear whether this would include my Sky Sports HD Pack that I previously had, hence I'd like to review)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for this. I just cancelled last week and was on here looking at best way forward to get a deal (other than the 30% offered on my MySky homepage).

Do you know if I click on the "Click Here" button once on that page is that me commited to taking the deal, or is there a chance to review the exact price etc? (It's not clear whether this would include my Sky Sports HD Pack that I previously had, hence I'd like to review)

During my recent "negotiations" I was told repeatedly that discounts could not be applied to the Sports HD Pack at any level EVEN THO' I had a 60% discount off of the £6pm last year -I have no idea why they are so intransigent on including it.The value is insignificant when compared with the package discount they have given me of £39.30 pm.:T
    It could only be included if I agreed to an 18 month deal with discounts for 12 months :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback