Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Options

Comments

• lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hazzanet wrote: »
    Last query I had with them was dealt with by email in about 30 minutes. Very happy with them!
    Yes, I'm very happy too.

Most of my emails seem to be dealt with by Andrew, who is not only very prompt and helpful, but very polite too. He even takes the time to reply when I send a simple thank you email.

This kind of service is very rare.
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just filled in the app, we'll wait and see what happens!!
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • ikr2
    ikr2 Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have been with Zog since October 2015.

Pros:
    - Monthly emailed PDF bills.
    - Quick & postive response to request to change DD date from 1st to middle of the month
    - Internal transfer to more competitive tarrif within 3 days of request although I was charged the early exit fee.

Cons:
    - Only contactable via email (fine by me so for but email only contact may not be for everyone!)
    - No request for meter readings. It is up to you otherwise bills are estimated
    - Sometimes don't appear on all comparison sites.

Overall, I am more than happy with Zog so far.

I think they are efficient because they are small. Zog offer gas only supply and I suspect people go for dual fuel. Sometimes seperate gas/ electricity suppliers are cheaper - they were when I compared last autumn.
  • RayL
    RayL Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Have been with them now for 3 months. Also got my mum signed up at the same time.

Both transfers without a hitch with regular communication (by email) and updates. Bills arrive regularly monthly.

They exude a quiet efficiency rather like OVO but without the flashy website. Very simple setup but it works.

Very happy with our cheap 2 year deals.
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Update from me...
    Got the initial transfer letter through 7 days after applying, very good.
    However, noticed that it said standing charge was 16p/day - woah!?
    Plan I signed up for was 9p/day?

Read the letter agian and only reference to tariff was Juniper on the first page, and then on 2nd page was standing charge and unit prices - no mention at all that it was a variable or fixed tariff?

Email sent at 18.00 last night stating I was on the wrong tariff (wanted Mercury 12 month fixed) so could they change it please.

Revised letter arrived 19.04, with a personal email following at 19.17 from Andrew! Very good support, does he not sleep?!

Very happy with the service, although I am very sure I selected Mercury 12 month.
    I've asked the question: what if the user selects Mercury, does it come out the other end as Mercury or does it default to Juniper?

That Juniper tariff is a bit naughty too, it's a 144 month term - 12 years?!
    If, like some folk do although not me, you don't check your details and just keep paying the bills then Zog could do quite well out of this?

Anybody else have this?

Oh, change over for me is 1/7/15. SainsburysEnergy have confirmed receipt of transfer request for same date, so all good there!
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The 144 mth term must have been something they need to put into the computer system as Juniper is their variable no fixed term no exit fee tariff. As you have found any hiccups are sorted pretty much instantly.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another 1.25% trimmed off their unit price
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anybody know if Zog apply their exit fees to an internal tariff switch?
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 30 June 2015 at 11:11AM
    Options
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Zog apply their exit fees to an internal tariff switch?

Yes, they do, I asked earlier in the year.
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Most of my emails seem to be dealt with by Andrew

yes all my emails come for 'Andrew' - very quick replies too. Either it genuinely is a one man band (unlikely), or all their email advisers are called Andrew.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback