Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks for your input everyone. I went to see my supervisor at work today and explained why I don't want to work 2 days running. We've left it as I'm definitely working this Friday, but she will try to get cover for Saturday. If not I'll have to work it this time, but I won't be doing it again without proper warning, if at all.

DH's waves came to nothing last night thank goodness. I don't think I explained myself properly yesterday, assuming that all you know what I'm talking about with 'chewing/eating'. The unexplained and incontrollable mouth movements (that make it look like he is chewing something but his mouth is empty) are usually a precursor for a simple/partial seizure or full tonic clonic seizure for DH. In the last 23 weeks I haven't seen that in him at all, as it's not normally present in his mini (waves of fear) seizures. It felt more serious yesterday than in the previous 23 weeks, and like we are building up to something bigger :(. Pleased to be wrong thus far.

Counsellor again today, really finding it useful :D. Clubbercise tonight :j, equally useful. Random side note, have used my 20 free eb@y listings for this month so have to wait for July to list some more. Not so useful!!

Nicky, we have had rain like you wouldn't believe today!! If you find some sunshine, please send it my way! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    H hi lucky sorry about DH and waves for fear although *touching wood* nothing has happened since then. sorry too and bout work messing you around - its so frustrating! take care hope chubberise went well! x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi PLMBL

Totally fallen behind in reading diaries lately as life has been silly busy, so only read you last couple of posts.

Do hope that hubbys chewing is a false alarm and not brewing trouble. Fingers crossed.

Great to hear that the counselor is helping and Clubbercise sounds great fun. i have started Monday morning Yoga and that really sets me up nice for the week ahead. Nice and calming for my crazy brain :o

Hope you got some sunshine today and the rest of your week goes well.
    xxxx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    No sunshine here Steph! Heavy rain instead :(. Your Yoga sounds good, it's something I've never tried but would like to.

Sparky, chubberise :rotfl:, love it! If you are referring to fat class I lost 3.5lbs last night :j and reclaimed my 3 stone off. DH lost 1lb and only has 2.5lbs to go to target.

Work has had a positive outcome - I'm now not working Friday at all and I'm back to my normal Saturday. This is the best result, though it has been a right hassle to get to it. I'm pleased I spoke up for myself though.

Tonight DS1 has been to The Hoppings (Fun Fair) with a friend and his Mum. It cost me £20 for the privilege, however I'm grateful for her taking him as it would have cost a lot more for us all to go. It's only in town for a week and I was just going to ignore it :o.

Won £3.20 on the eurosquillions last night.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hurrah for being 3stone lighter :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    haha I called mine that! congrats on the 3 stone off thats a massive amount of weight :) xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,293 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss. Glad all is sounding calm in the Lucky household at the moment.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Nicky_Noo_Na Posts: 763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've had lots of sun this week, bad thing is I could put the gardening off no longer - hadn't been touched since last summer :eek:

Sent some sunshine in the post to you for tomorrow

Congrats on the weight loss and we'll done on standing up for yourself at work, hopefully it won't happen again!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Evening all!

Nicky, the sunshine would be much appreciated! It's done nothing but rain all week :(. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, rain again Sunday and then nice all next week. Fingers crossed Xx

Things have been ok the last few days, been working out lots and did an extra clubbercise class (which I'm feeling guilty about as it was another £4 spent on me :o). Weighed in some old clothes though and got £4.95 to balance the books!!
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You've earned that clubbercise class a million times over, Lucky!
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback