Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis

Options

Comments

• Inigo_Montoya
    Options
    has anybody ever been to one of their xmas shopping 'events' ?

apparently there is free alcoholic drinks :)

if I dont intend on buying anything would it be uncomfortable due to the assistants trying to sell you stuff ?
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    has anybody ever been to one of their xmas shopping 'events' ?

apparently there is free alcoholic drinks :)

if I dont intend on buying anything would it be uncomfortable due to the assistants trying to sell you stuff ?

I've not been to one yet although I do keep getting invites, the free booze is no good to me as I'd have to drive and then I'd have to pay parking which would be £5. I think it is just like a normal shopping trip but with music, nibbles and drinks and maybe a few little competitions, I don't think the staff are pushing stuff other than the usual ones in the perfume department. I have an invite to one on Thursday but not too sure if I'll go yet although I did accept the invitation in order to keep my options open. I've pretty much done all my shopping now so anything I'd buy would be an impulse spend :o.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got our vouchers this morning all the same, £5 of £50 spend between 10th and 23rd dec, and 1 voucher for drink and cake 7th -26th january :(. Its not even a full month to use it. I presume to get the footfall after the christmas and january sales.
    Dont think i will bother.
  • JadieH
    JadieH Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been a couple of times actually!

There is a free glass of prosecco or orange juice for the non drinkers, also a mince pie and both years there has been more than enough mince pies to have more than one. There was some offers on, plus reps come in to give you shows or samples of their products (including alcohol, chocolates, the coffee machines and cooking displays where they hand out the food after). This year there was also some instore competitions where the winners were announced on the night. No pushy staff at all, just helpful if you did need to ask someone something!

Oh last year there was an offer in the salon which I took advantage of but this year they didn't seem to have any offers on in that bit.
  • carlislelass
    Options
    Got 1 free drink/cake voucher this morning....runs out today. Not bothering as its a 40 miles round trip by unreliable bus service
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    We both got a voucher this morning that has to be used by 20 December.
    Not very impressed John Lewis if you are reading :cool:
  • wacko15
    wacko15 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not very impressed either, as usual JL being inconsistent. Two members of my family received vouchers yesterday and I didn't, even though I have spent at JL and they havent! One tea/cake voucher to be used by 18th December (hardly any time) and one for Oxford St. London, which will never get used as too far away. Are JL being sneaky and issuing vouchers that they know will be difficult to use!
  • Gemmery1989
    Options
    Do the offers vary depending on your local store? I wouldn't mind the free glass of prosecco deal but That doesn't seem to be available on my card!
  • Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We received free drink and cake vouchers yesterday with a use by date of 20 December! Daft!
  • dbrookf
    dbrookf Posts: 594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Locky wrote: »
    We received free drink and cake vouchers yesterday with a use by date of 20 December! Daft!

What's 'daft' about it?! They are designed to get you in before Christmas to spend! They're not a charity are they, let's face it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure