Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Both me and OH got £5 off £50 spend valid 12th June to 7th July and regular hot drink and cake valid 8th July to 31st August.

Neither of us have spent anything since last lot of vouchers arrived. Was hoping for a free icecream. :o

Just thought I wonder if I get the £5 off vouchers as previously I have spent online not instore. These used to come separately in emails. OH not bought anything on his account since the loyalty card has been about though. :eek:
  • Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 June 2016 at 1:17PM
    Options
    I finally got my JL vouchers today and only one hot drink and cake voucher for me. Boo! Valid until 29 October.

Also got £5 gift card when spending £50, free glass of prosecco with afternoon tea and a win a luxury holiday voucher.

Hmm!

Several of my friends got two hot drink and cake vouchers and a hot drink and cake/two icecreams voucher!
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I am underwhelmed by one hot drink and cake voucher valid until 29 October plus Free extra 20 minutes if I buy 95 mins Tri-active facial.

Not happy
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got the same as hubby a coffee and cake valid till October. No ice cream, prosecco, afternoon tea. I just bought a washing machine. Nothing in hubby account for years.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    Well I am underwhelmed by one hot drink and cake voucher valid until 29 October plus Free extra 20 minutes if I buy 95 mins Tri-active facial.

Not happy

JL seem, as usual, to be upsetting more customers than they please with this daft card. Has anyone ever been asked, when buying something, if they have one?

Four of us at this address with cards. One of us (me) buys occasionally from JL. The other three never buy anything.

Three of us received the coffee/cake voucher, two of us the 'add-on' facial, and one of us nothing at all.

How amusing that the one person getting nothing at all is the one who's daft enough to shop there occasionally. There's a sort of hard commercial logic about that, I suppose ('he already buys from us - why would we need to give him free cake?') but when you've promised cardholders a coffee/cake voucher 'at least three times a year' and then fail to deliver what you've promised it does send out a certain message about the basic honesty of John Lewis.

Rather like the Never Knowingly Undersold policy which in reality isn't actually adhered to.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not sure what the point of this thread is other than to moan - in which case, surely contacting JL is a better bet rather than just grizzling here about missing out on a bit of cake?
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Brynsam wrote: »
    Not sure what the point of this thread is other than to moan - in which case, surely contacting JL is a better bet rather than just grizzling here about missing out on a bit of cake?

I think you'll find that's already been done, thank you.

What was the point of your particular post? :)
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,948 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brynsam wrote: »

The point of the post in 2013 when it was started was to alert people that if you signed up to a John Lewis card, you got vouchers for free cake and drink as per the details in the OP.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    The point of the post in 2013 when it was started was to alert people that if you signed up to a John Lewis card, you got vouchers for free cake and drink as per the details in the OP.

Sarah - many thanks for answering my question! Much appreciated.
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 6 September 2016 at 11:26AM
    Options
    has anybody else noticed that they now want to scan your loyalty card when you hand over the drinks voucher

I wonder if this is some sort of security measure to detect people using other peoples vouchers (eg bought one ebay or other family members vouchers)

IIRC I dont think they scan the QR code on the voucher as well when you checkout but I guess if you have used more vouchers than awarded to your account it would show up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure