Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis

Options

Comments

• marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Finally got 3 vouchers each
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    It would be useful if those who are receiving vouchers could say whether they've

1) Used previous vouchers
    2) Spent anything at JL with the myJohnLewis card and how much

:)
  • wacko15
    Options
    Three members of my family always use tea and cake vouchers. It is only me that spends using my card, albeit less than £100 in the last 3 months, but we all got the same .... one voucher valid for May. I know of other people who havent spent at JL and received tea and cake voucher and free chocs for Easter. Makes no sense!
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've only ever had 3 vouchers.

I missed the date of the first one so couldn't use it. Bought something soon after. 12 months later got another voucher, spent a bit in the store and last voucher several months after that which I used and bought a few things (Christmas).

Wondering now how long I need to wait for another one
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    It would be useful if those who are receiving vouchers could say whether they've

1) Used previous vouchers
    2) Spent anything at JL with the myJohnLewis card and how much

:)

There are four adults in my household, me, DH and two DDs. DH and DDs always got vouchers despite spending next to nothing in the store, I always did all the purchases spending a lot of money online and instore (over £600 in the past 4 months) yet I never seemed to get vouchers. I thought there was a problem with my registration so re-registered under another email but didn't use that account for purchases and lo and behold I started getting vouchers on that account but still none on my other, make what you will of that.

The JL card hasn't encouraged me to spend more there as I've always shopped there but had I not got the other account and vouchers from it I would have felt cheated and possibly started going elsewhere.
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Options
    word of warning - if you change address then you might have a problem getting vouchers sent to your new address

I updated my address details on the website but the vouchers were still sent to my old address - found out too late as drinks voucher expired in january
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There are four adults in my household, me, DH and two DDs. DH and DDs always got vouchers despite spending next to nothing in the store, I always did all the purchases spending a lot of money online and instore (over £600 in the past 4 months) yet I never seemed to get vouchers. I thought there was a problem with my registration so re-registered under another email but didn't use that account for purchases and lo and behold I started getting vouchers on that account but still none on my other, make what you will of that.

The JL card hasn't encouraged me to spend more there as I've always shopped there but had I not got the other account and vouchers from it I would have felt cheated and possibly started going elsewhere.

I don't know if John Lewis have got the same problems as Waitrose but it might be worth calling them to see if there's an issue with your loyalty card account. Both OH and I have Waitrose cards - I spend a fair bit with mine, OH never spends a penny and just uses his for the free tea. Despite that he regularly gets a lot of Waitrose vouchers, usually for quite good discounts on relatively low spends, and I don't get anything.

I had a look online to see if there was 'something' that I'd done when registering the card but as far as I could see, I hadn't ticked the 'do not contact me' boxes and there was nothing different about my account to OH's. So I called Waitrose just to ask about vouchers (because I'm cheeky like that :)) and according to the assistant I spoke to there is a 'glitch' in their system that if you have ever ticked the 'do not contact me' box then it will always remain that way on their system, even if you later update it online. The assistant said that the only way it can be updated is if you contact them to get it updated from their end. According to her, I had ticked the box and so that was why I wasn't getting any vouchers. She unticked it and said that I should start getting vouchers again soon.

I'm not entirely convinced by that explanation as I don't remember ever ticking that box. I remember receiving vouchers in the past but they suddenly stopped so I personally think there's something wrong with their systems, but we'll see if this helps!

edit: reading Inigo Montoya's post above, it seems like there's a general problem with updating your details via the web with both JL and Waitrose ...
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    I am getting married soon so signed up a new account in my married name with my new email address. I plan on not using the card instore/ online at all so it will be interesting to see if I get any vouchers etc.. Will keep you posted. xx
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    Callie22 wrote: »
    I don't know if John Lewis have got the same problems as Waitrose but it might be worth calling them to see if there's an issue with your loyalty card account. Both OH and I have Waitrose cards - I spend a fair bit with mine, OH never spends a penny and just uses his for the free tea. Despite that he regularly gets a lot of Waitrose vouchers, usually for quite good discounts on relatively low spends, and I don't get anything.

I had a look online to see if there was 'something' that I'd done when registering the card but as far as I could see, I hadn't ticked the 'do not contact me' boxes and there was nothing different about my account to OH's. So I called Waitrose just to ask about vouchers (because I'm cheeky like that :)) and according to the assistant I spoke to there is a 'glitch' in their system that if you have ever ticked the 'do not contact me' box then it will always remain that way on their system, even if you later update it online. The assistant said that the only way it can be updated is if you contact them to get it updated from their end. According to her, I had ticked the box and so that was why I wasn't getting any vouchers. She unticked it and said that I should start getting vouchers again soon.

I'm not entirely convinced by that explanation as I don't remember ever ticking that box. I remember receiving vouchers in the past but they suddenly stopped so I personally think there's something wrong with their systems, but we'll see if this helps!

edit: reading Inigo Montoya's post above, it seems like there's a general problem with updating your details via the web with both JL and Waitrose ...

Sorry only just seen this and yes I did once unsubcribe from their emails and when I realised this may stop the vouchers changed it back again so I guess this is why I'm not getting anything, thanks :)
  • Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JL must have changed something because when I logged in at the beginning of last year, it made me enter a new password. Doing this somehow unsubscribed me from emails which meant I wasn't entitled to free tea and cake vouchers. I emailed them about it and they told me to resubscribe but I still don't get the vouchers as frequently as I used to whereas my friend who subscribed initially at the same time as me gets lots more and she shops there as often as I do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure