• Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    According to this current page, it should be "at least three times a year"

http://www.johnlewis.com/our-services/my-john-lewis

Another John Lewis lie?
    I believe the ASA will investigate this if a complaint is submitted. They now cover all marketing including on a company's own website.

https://www.asa.org.uk/
  • wacko15
    wacko15 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Some of my friends have received a new batch of vouchers in the past week or so. Myself and my family are still waiting!

Anyone else received any yet?
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Ziggy_Stardust Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    wacko15 wrote: »
    Some of my friends have received a new batch of vouchers in the past week or so. Myself and my family are still waiting!

We've all had ours :)
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Nothing as yet - no great surprise, though. Frankly, though, it's only the offer of a free coffee and cake (grossly overpriced when sold, and frequently not too fresh) that gets me inside a JL store these days. And I say that as a customer of many, many years.

Getting hold of an assistant gets more and more difficult, the prices remain high, the customer service poor, and when I needed some information about a very expensive radio recently the manager of the TV/Audio department suggested I contact the manufacturer!

Which is probably the reason for the appalling John Lewis reviews on Trustpilot (Bad - 1.5/10) as against Richer Sounds, where every brach scores at least 9/10!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.johnlewis.com

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/richersounds.com/bristol
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    We've all had ours :)

Me too, and one for ice cream :T
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Two vouchers here and one can be two ice-creams.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Still nothing for me! Several of my friends have had theirs. I'm on maternity leave at the moment - I need my free tea and cake!! 😜
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Ziggy_Stardust Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was in getting my chocolate eclair and cappuccino yesterday and saw the ice creams, they are like the size of the ones you get in the cinema/theatre so I doubt anyone could eat the two so this will mean two trips for me and DH, plus if the weather is nice we can eat them outside in the sun :D
  • The_Old_Bag
    The_Old_Bag Posts: 4,706 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Nope.....
    But then, I rarely go into JL, let alone spend any money in there.
    I rarely go into the city, so most of my vouchers did not get used.... staff refused to accept out of date vouchers, although I read on here many other JL stores were accepting them.

I have not had a voucher or free drink/cake etc for about 6 months.

It was a lovely treat when I was able to use it, but I get free drinks at my local Waitrose, and have just been getting free drinks from M&S courtesy of their Sparks offer.... so I cannot complain.

I know many on here who DID spend lots in JL were not receiving vouchers - so maybe JL have adjusted the way they allocate them, and now send to people who actually are customers rather than people like me who just get the freebies.:cool:
  • wacko15
    wacko15 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Finally received JL vouchers today as did the rest of my family. One tea and cake or ice cream voucher, another voucher valid for Oxford Street JL only and a voucher for a £5 gift voucher if I spend £50. Who knows the logic behind who gets what vouchers, but I am just pleased I have received one usable voucher.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure