Product support ag ?

Options

Comments

• penelopepitstop77
    Options
    Pnrxo wrote: »
    This happened to me, I bought a new laptop from curry's and they told me they were having a managers special where I got a month free WHATEVER HAPPENS guarentee, and got asked if I wanted it afterwards and I declined. My theory if it breaks I have friends who can fix it for me. So all the paper work was out with my receipt which needed to be filled out for the guarentee, which I never filled in or sent. 2 months later, a month after my free month had finished I checked my credit card statement and £8.50 had been taken out. I emailed then and got no answer back until a week later where I had 2 DIFFERENT people email me about the situation. In the meantime I ring up the company and got through to a lady who cancelled the "agreement" and said my money would be credited back in to my account by midnight and would get a letter confirming the cancelation. A few days later I got the letter but no money had been credited so I rung the number on the cancelation letter and after a 20 minute wait and a 15 minute argument which the woman telling me that I had been discounted it on purchase when I wasn't. I know have an address which I've got to write too and send copies of my receipt, blank forms, cancellation letter and bank statements to try and get my money back.

So just keep ringing.
    Hi can you give the email address. Same thing happened to me and I can't contact them
  • penelopepitstop77
    Options
    Hi can you give the email address. Same thing happened to me and I can't contact them
  • DEMISOPHIA
    Options
    judles1 wrote: »
    Does anyone else have suspicions regarding payments to AG product Support appearing on CREDIT CARD statements or are we the only suckers! No record of policy or authorised direct debit mandates found as yet but looking similar to policy admin (mobile phones) stories. If anyone else is aware of or currently dealing with AG, would like to hear what you know!
    Hi i have also come accross PRODUCT SUPPORT AG on my credit card . I do not remember arranging anything like this . I am being charged £9-34 per month . Does anybody know the name of the company . / What type of product support they supply . Also any other information on how to contact them . EG email address / full name of the company / also any other means of contact Thanks .
  • DEMISOPHIA
    Options
    Hi , i have traced back and my first payement to AG was 18 FEB 2013 £9-33 On this last statement it was 18 MARCH . Does anybody know anything about this company ?
  • DEMISOPHIA
    Options
    Hi , thanks for your information . I have made a note of the FREEPHONE NUMBER you supplied . I will look into it in the next few days .
  • DEMISOPHIA
    Options
    Almufasa wrote: »
    Success :) I found charges relating to "Product Support AG" on my credit card statement going back to January 2012. I called the 0800 0665 833 number which I found on saynoto0870.com as an alternative to the 0844 800 6080 which appeared on my credit card statement. It was answered as "Whatever happens" but I eventually got through and the very kind lady was able to trace the charges back to a purchase I'd made. Or rather my wife had made for my son in December last year for a 16gb playbook tablet. A quick conversation with my wife and son that we didn't need the charges and I was able to cancel future charges over the phone and the lady said she would post me confirmation. Moral of story - always check your statements!! :D

Hi , thanks for the free phone number . I telephoned them today . It is CURRYS / DIXONS . What ever happens . I do have four contracts with Currys . . The person on the teleohone was very good . He explaned what has happened . My HI-FI system was due in February . I wanted to renew it and applied to pay £28 in one go . For some reason they have split the payement into 3 / monthly payements . That is what threw me . Not showing CURRYS / DIXONS . Or What Ever Happens . So i am now sorted . But i still do not know why PRODUCT SUPPORT AG . Comes into it ?
  • DEMISOPHIA
    Options
    I hope other people manage to sort out the problem PRODUCT SUPPORT AG . Is CURRYS / DIXONS and i suppose also PC WORLD .
  • Samzyzg
    Samzyzg Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Well this seems to have just happened to me thing is i've bought plenty of things from them in the past and none of this, had my laptop insured with them for over a year, almost 2 now and nothing like this. Had the Tv insured for months now.... so no idea where this is coming from.
    Back after a wee break, need to mind keep up!!
  • Mel_X
    Options
    Just checking through my Credit Card statements for the past 12 months I noticed a £9 charge from Product Support AG and then another and another. I had no idea what this related to. To my horror I have been charged £9 each month starting on 29th Sept 2011. (total is now £144). On the 28th August I purchased a computer for my son at Currys. I never knowingly signed for any support for this computer and I always say no to product insurance. I remember reading perhaps 10 years ago that Currys made more profit from product insurance that from the products.

I will call my credit card co to cancel . . . then a visit to Currys !!
    Reading other peoples similar experiences this must be a matter for the office of fair trading.
  • D16
    D16 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Thank you all for the info provided. I noticed 3 months of payments coming from my debit card (how on earth can they do that!) I bought a tv, printer and Hoover from Curry's so I'm guessing that's where these payments have been created, albeit unauthorised and without my knowledge! Off to report to the banks fraud dept and hope I can recover the costs.

That's the last time Curry's get any of my business, totally disgusted that this is still going on despite all of you reporting it!Wish me luck recovering the money
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback