Journey to Debt Freedom AGAIN & my wee 2018 hoose..............

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 18 September 2014 at 2:16PM in Debt free diaries
Hey my lovelies,

Been here a couple of times before but this is the last I swear I promise I swear I promiseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

The highest my debt has been in recent years has been over £15k.

I was made redundant last year & managed to get rid of all of the debt but 3 months of unemployment & christmas kinda ruined the whole being debt free & I am back in a little bit of debt.

Its not a major amount but I really want to buy a house in the next 5 years so I have set myself a goal.

Debt at the beginning of 2014 was £3089.20 *** This went upto £5009.88!!!

I have managed to get this down & today it stands at £2539.20.

I know its not a massive amount cleared but its still something.

I want to be debt free completely by the end of this year so I have got a wee monthly amount from wages set aside so that this is gone by the end of 2014.

I am also saving a minimum of £315.00 per month so that I will have a deposit of £15,000.00 to buy a house in 2018

See all written down it seems easy peasy lemon squeezy but life sometimes has a habit of getting in the way of these things.

Also might aswell add in my final goal in life which is to lose 78lbs to get back to 10st 7lbs.

Already lost 5lbs so 73lbs to go - This might take me till 2018 aswell at the rate I am going :rotfl:

So anyway enough rambling.

Dxxx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    So had to go to the Drs today as I found a lump on my boob!

Panic stations, He is going to refer to to the hospital so lord only knows how long that will take.

He said its likely nothing to worry about so trying to just forget about it until my appointment arrives.

On the weightloss front its all going well so far, what with the boob panic this morning I have only just sat down to something to eat & usually I would comfort eat but today I got a lovely tuna subway salad.

On the money front things are just the same although I was sure a subway salad was like £2.79 & got charged £4.29.

Anyhoo off for now need to get back to work.

Dxxx
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    if he's really concerned,it'd be a phone call to get the next available appt so try not to worry too much
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yup was thinking the same, its probably a wee rogue blob of fat!

Just in from work, dinner on & time to chill.

Dxxx
  • Olivia-Louise_2
    Options
    Hope the appointment comes through soon to stop you worrying. I'm sure all is fine xx

*Following*
    Time to start again :o
  • Daisychain1
    Daisychain1 Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I found my debt twin! I'm off to subscribe :)
    SPC9 #507
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When will this day endddddddddddddddddddddd.

Off until Tuesday after today so excited!

Not doing much but at least I wont have to drag my a$$ into work.

So tired & drained speaking to people today. (call centre work)

Dxxx
  • cmcavon
    cmcavon Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I'd say hi, I'm also trying to lose weight alongside paying off debts! All going well at the min as I'm in the zone, trouble is it only takes one bad day to make me want to eat chocolate! I've been determined with the debts for a few months though.

Hope you get your appointment through soon x
    Making £1,000 plus every month from home :T
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I seem to be doin better with the diet at the moment than the debt!

I'm in the zone, so much so that not one bit of chocolate passes my lips today even though there was loads of it getting passed around the office.

I have willpower - yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lost another 1lb this week taking my total to 6lbs! Yayyyyyyyyyy only 72lbs more to go haha!

Just having a lazy Easter morning. had hot X buns for breakfast now gonna go shopping as DH wants to buy a body warmer - its roasting outside right now but I suppose we do live in Scotland so it will be winter next week LOL

Decided to also set myself a personal savings goal, no timescale around it but would love to tuck away £1000.00 just to have there as a buffer should I need access to money. Realistically it will take me a while to get this up to £1000.00 but there we go that is my new goal.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter.

Dxxx
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Dolly! We met on another one of your threads, glad to see you still doing so well.

I'm sorry to hear that you're worried about the lump, I'm sure it'll be ok.

I will lurk and be your cheerleader.

Just remember that you can get much better interest on current accounts than on savings at the moment. http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/apr/19/current-accounts-interest-on-savings
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure