Cross Stitch Cafe 2017 - do more of what makes you happy

Options
Coxy11
Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Hi everyone,

Welcome to a shiny new Cross Stitch Cafe thread for 2017. As the title suggests, this thread is all about doing what makes you happy. I love to stitch and I look forward to seeing all your makes this year. Please feel free to post photos of your works in progress (WIPs) and any unfinished projects (UFOs) you would like to complete.

Coxy
Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24

Comments

• Coxy11
    Options
    My first WIP has been going for a while - since 10th January 2016 to be precise. I have completed smaller projects along the way, but this one is proving a long term challenge. It's Collecting Shells and I'm about 2/3rds of the way to completing it. When finished I will have it framed along with two others from the same designer which I finished a while ago. They will then be hung in the lounge for all to admire (DH doesn't know this yet but i will work on him).

Looking forward to seeing your photos.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Thank for the new thread coxy, I'm in again.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread coxy, btw did you receive the Christmas card I sent you?
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi nmm, yes thank you so much for sending the card to me xx I received it after Alex had died. Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to send it. The funeral was on Friday and I've been very low these last few days - lower than ever actually, as I think it's finally hit home that he's gone. Sorry for being gloomy.

New thread means a renewed focus for me, and hopefully some good stitching this year. I've nothing special to sew for so I can please myself and do some projects that have been in my stash for a while. I plan to dig out a smaller project to take into work and leave in my desk to do at lunchtime. We have a lovely bright staff room which is barely used, so it's ideal to work in. I'm thinking the Christmas gingerbread trio I bought at ally pally a few years ago from Trudy Anne designs stall might be the one.

Anyway, hope to see lots of makes and hear what you're all working on.

Coxy xxx
  • Mags_cat
    Mags_cat Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread and sorry to hear you're low. Hopefully some cross stitch will help you to see brighter times ahead.

I'm still ploughing on with the monochrome monstrosity- I've almost finished another 2 pages since you last saw it. The end is definitely in sight and it's about bloomin' time! I started this one in 2012, it WILL be finished this year!

As to the title of this thread - I'm definitely up for that. I've handed in my notice at work (Civil Service). I've been in this job for almost 20 years, and conditions have changed so much over the past few that it's no longer a good place to be. I've been thinking about leaving for some time and I've finally taken the plunge. I don't have another job to go to when I finish in March (3 months notice I had to give!) but I'm fortunate to have a bit of a buffer so that I don't actually need to work for a while. So I'm taking some time out to care for my parents who both need a bit of help now and to spend more time on my hobbies. I cannot wait - already I'm feeling less pressured. I foresee much cross stitch in my 2017!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    I'm going to resurrect my Celtic Noel and try and get a bit further with her. I have a song lyrics panel I want to finish and turn into a cushion as well and I found a little half done snowman Christmas card while I was going through some kits.

There's lots to keep me busy.

Happy new year everyone.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Coxy, glad it arrived, I posted it before I read your post about Alex, I had hoped for a miracle for you :( I hope you're feeling better soon. The thread title is my motto for this year.

Mags_Cat, the monochrome monstrosity is incredible but i'm sure you'll be happy when it's finished, I was going to start dreams of atlantis but after realising how many colours were needed I just couldn't be bothered sorting them, lol. I had the quit work on a whim moment last year, its been a tough few months but we've got through it and now trying to get our 3d printing business off the ground.

Mrs M-P, good luck with completing Celtic Noel, do you have a date in mind for finishing it maybe Christmas this year?

I'm just making a start on the Wild Wolf, not much to show so will post progress photos next week.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Don't don't really have a finish by date I just want to get on with it, it would be great if she was finished by Christmas then I could ask to get her framed as my Christmas present.
    SPC~12 ot 124

• ERICS_MUM
    ERICS_MUM Posts: 3,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've not posted for over a year - Mum died last March and what with grieving and sorting out her estate, my hobbies have taken a back seat.

I've got several un-opened kits so I'm planning to start the smallest and most simple to help get back my mojo !

Mum was a great cross-stitcher and I've 'inherited' her finished projects, few of which have been framed. I'm not sure yet what to do with them - my siblings don't want any of them. I'm thinking of just storing them for the moment, probably in acid-free tissue paper and keep away from light. In due course I will get some framed and displayed.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Welcome back ericsmum, my deepest condolences on the sad passing of your mum.
    Start with an easy simple kit to ease you back in to stitching and making time for yourself.
    SPC~12 ot 124

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure