Best Sim-only Deals guide Discussion

Options

Comments

• urban_i
    urban_i Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Has anyone tried to upgrade to the 6GB BT sim only for £12. I have logged into my account, and it only shows as £16/month. It looks like the £12 deal is only for new sims only.

Thannks
  • John_y
    Options
    anyone thinking about a Plusnet pay as you go sim should check out the plusnet forum,
    Enter "unable to receive calls" I wish I had done this before changing to a Plusnet monthly contract!
    most of my incoming calls were going straight to answer phone, called them and got the usual" remove sim reboot phone," on checking the forum it seems many, many, people are having the same problem going back some time and that plusnet deny there is a problem!
    Have now moved back to ee,
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    John_y wrote: »
    anyone thinking about a Plusnet pay as you go sim should check out the plusnet forum,
    Enter "unable to receive calls" I wish I had done this before changing to a Plusnet monthly contract!
    most of my incoming calls were going straight to answer phone, called them and got the usual" remove sim reboot phone," on checking the forum it seems many, many, people are having the same problem going back some time and that plusnet deny there is a problem!
    Have now moved back to ee,

Just for balance.
    You can always find "many people are having the same problem" on almost any topic if you search the internet.:)

I've been with Plusnet from when they were called Life.
    I've been with them for nearly 2 years and never had a problem with calls, only drawback is no SMS short codes.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • jimBOB_2
    Options
    just signed up to Plusnet sim last week
    I cannot receive incoming calls
    I have been on the phone for hours
    the issue is still unresolved
    I realise I am going thru the same hoops as numerous people
    I have checked various forums for an answer
    It seems a commom problem with no recognition of it by the customer ops
    If anyone has an answer please post it here
    cheers
  • little_ianto
    Options
    jimBOB wrote: »
    just signed up to Plusnet sim last week
    I cannot receive incoming calls
    I have been on the phone for hours
    the issue is still unresolved
    I realise I am going thru the same hoops as numerous people
    I have checked various forums for an answer
    It seems a commom problem with no recognition of it by the customer ops
    If anyone has an answer please post it here
    cheers

I had same problem two months ago. Solved by changing 'preferred network' from 4g to 3g. Back on 4g now and everything OK.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you ported your number? it could be an issue with the porting.
  • CodfishSteve
    Options
    I tried twice yesterday and once today to sign up for this deal and it had failed each time on the credit card payment screen. Twice online with no explanation, and it says that 'no payment has been taken' but credit card company says that it has. Tried via phone after explaining issue and the payment failed there as well - lady said that it might be something to do with their Experian checks. Ran an Experian report and have got a really high credit rating so can't be that. Phoned Sales twice and used their chat facility, and each time all I got was sorry but can't help. So 3 payments taken that I'll have to ensure I get back and no sim. Joined Plusnet's forum and was told that it's their system that's at fault and to keep trying as eventually payment will go through correctly, and that a number of people are having the same problem. Anyone else here had the same issue, and did you manage to resolve it?
  • hellopaul
    Options
    I'm in the process of cancelling my dreadful TPO contract, which I subscribed to about a month ago, after reading good things about it on MSE. My wife uses EE, and gets coverage almost everywhere, all of the time. Seeing that TPO use the EE network (see here, scroll towards the bottom of the page: https://www.thepeoplesoperator.com/tpo/about), without hesitation, I signed up, and ported my number to them.

Once on TPO, I was rather annoyed to find that only about 50% of my texts get sent, and mobile data only works about 10% of the time, despite being in areas of high network coverage. I then discovered that TPO does NOT use EE, but the chocolate teapot of mobile phone operators, Three :mad:. I can only assume that Three's customer base is made up solely of people who join them, enticed by their cheap deals, then realise that Three is NOT a mobile phone service provider but just somewhere to throw your money for absolutely nothing in return, and then decide they'd like to actually USE their mobile phone, so transfer to a netWORK, not Three's netDOESN'Twork. I honestly cannot fathom how Three survives (I have had previous dire experience of Three, a few years back, and would not, in a million years, have signed up for TPO had I have known it used Three, and was therefore just a con. Yes, I know MSE states that it uses Three, but I skipped that bit and read about them using EE on the TPO website. Silly me).

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has fallen for this scam, wondering why their TPO network is so dreadful, thinking it's on EE when in reality it's on Three? (And I just felt like having a bit of a therapeutic rant to vent my spleen a bit, before I get on with some boring work!)
  • charlieheard
    Options
    A year ago I purchased a new phone outright on a zero-interest card, and phoned EE to see what they could do about a SIM-only contract. Best they could do was 1Gb of data for £14.99. So I thought I'd try Three and phoned up to get a PAC. They offered to match Three's offer, albeit with "only" 1000 minutes of calls. That 12-month contract came to an end today, but EE have said they will keep me on the same terms with a 30-day rolling contract. Result!
    Jumbo

"You may have speed, but I have momentum"
  • akui66
    Options
    Hello,

Recently there was a link to a Three SIM-only deal with a £60 Amazon voucher. I cannot find the details again, most probably because it was time sensitive, but the deal went through fine - but I haven't received the voucher?

Can anyone chime in?

Thanks!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport