Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• MoneySavingMole
    Options
    I think we were on the same flight, Simmo... Manchester to Corfu - 24th July?

Let me know how you get on, I'm looking into it also!
    Mortgage Free Wannabe
    Currently £90,000+/- over 18 years!
    Best MoneySaving Moments of this year?
    - I saved £150 by repairing my MacBook myself using online guides!
    - I went back to Uni, so I've purchased a TOTUM (NUS) Card
    - I saved 6 months of Amazon Prime by signing up to Amazon Prime Student
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your flight was FR2107 and arrived 199 mins late. As long as it wasn't due to Extraordinary circumstances as I said before you are due €400 per passenger. Get claiming and good luck
  • MoneySavingMole
    Options
    Justice13075, you are correct with the flight and flight times.

May I ask, would you pursue this claim yourself or use a 3rd party NWNF such as Bott's?

RA seem very against paying out... is it easier to use Bott's and pay them their 25%?
    Mortgage Free Wannabe
    Currently £90,000+/- over 18 years!
    Best MoneySaving Moments of this year?
    - I saved £150 by repairing my MacBook myself using online guides!
    - I went back to Uni, so I've purchased a TOTUM (NUS) Card
    - I saved 6 months of Amazon Prime by signing up to Amazon Prime Student
  • Justice13075
    Options
    I would do as it says in Vaubans guide and that is send a Notice Before action and wait for their reply. If they refuse you can Issue proceedings against them your self or give it to a No Win No Fee Solicitor. Hopefully the notice before action will do the trick and get them to pay. You can decide on what to do about proceedings after you get their reply. EuClaim believe you have a claim. Put your details into Bottonline flight checker and see what they say.
  • Simmo71
    Simmo71 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Hi BlueMoon - yes we would've been on the same flight (FR2107 on 24th July).

I'm going to send off my initial letter to Ryanair tomorrow and give them 28 days to respond, failing that I'll issue a Notice Before Action and decide at that point if I want to follow it up myself or go with a no win-no-fee company. I'll update on here with how I get on.

I've searched all over the web for info on delays caused by the airport but not strike/terror/security (ie. the broken fuel truck) to see if Ryanair could use this to shirk out of a claim but can't find anything.

Incidentally I'm also claiming expenses for snacks/drinks on the plane under Ryanair's 'duty of care' obligations, but their website receipts section doesn't recognise the details I've entered. I've tried via their customer service/live chat to get this resolved but to no avail, so I've opened a complaint to try and get them to provide my receipts. Have you tried similar?
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Don't waste time sending them a letter go straight to the Notice before action and save yourself 28 days.
  • andre1990
    andre1990 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys,

So my complaint has been upheld by Ryanair and they want me to log back into the complaint system to provide my bank account details.

The problem is, my flight was 3 years ago and the flight reservation number keeps getting rejected as I try to log in to my complaint with the error:

Your flight reservation number is invalid, please check the reservation number you have entered

Live chat don't have a clue and can only view 'valid' (i.e. recent) flight references.

Has anyone had this issue, or knows of how to resolve?

Thanks
  • FunTraveller
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I was on a RA flight of 1050 miles (1690 km), from Italy to UK with another person in July 2015.
    The flight was scheduled to depart at 10:40, then at the airport they changed to 12:10 and finally the flight started at 13:25. (They kept us on the plane from 12.20 to 13.25).
    It was scheduled to arrive at 12:35 instead it landed at 15:08
    According to FlightStats it was delayed 153 minutes, so I'm not inside the safe area of 180 minutes.
    In all this waiting time we did't receive any foods and drinks as stated by the European Law.
    Furthermore we lost the train we booked at that time and we had to pay a taxi (50£) to go home which is not really close to the airport (about 55 minutes).
    What would you advise to do in this case? I tried to insert details on bottonline to have an idea but they say I'm not entitled because not delayed for at least 180 minutes. :mad::mad::mad:
    Thanks,
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FunTraveller: Correct: no claim under the Regulation.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In all this waiting time we did't receive any foods and drinks as stated by the European Law.
    you could send copies of your receipts for refreshments in with a covering letter requesting reimbursement under EU261 Duty of Care
    (if you did not purchase anything then there is nothing to claim reimbursement for)
    delay compensation and taxi reimbursement does not apply.
    Unlikely that travel insurance would cover but worth a check of your policy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure