I’m taking control of my life, now.

Options

Comments

• boxofpaws
    Options
    Good things:j
    • Booked next trip with company credit card.
    • Have registered for online banking with card
    • Got a free upgrade for next stay for work trip. Because I told them I was cross about the below.

Bad things:(
    • Didn't realise that the hotel takes the money off you TWICE (and just refunds one of the payments a few days later) meaning we have a lot less money than we should.
    • Meaning card got declined at petrol station, before I could transfer the LAST of the cf to the joint account
    • This means we have just under £700 in expenses and pending refunds which is leaving things tight
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    • Had a Good Day at work today
    • alarm went off at 5 40 and I REALLY didn't want to get up that early. So I stayed in bed another 90 minutes, and turned up for work at the other site TWO HOURS later than I normally would and guess what? No one noticed.
    • hotel has refunded money - phew
    • the husband has tidied out the garage. He's been just splendid lately, doing ALL the housework because he knows how stressed I've been.
    • updated my signature not because we had reduced debt but because it was somehow huge
    • going out for our hopefully free dinner soon

Happy Valentine's Day everyone:heart2::heart2:
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh no about the card being declined! What a pain.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    How annoying about the hotel/card. At least you got an upgrade out of it, but no hassle would probably have been better! Well done for complaining.

I hope you enjoyed your free meal. :j
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Oh no about the card being declined! What a pain.

Only a pain for the husband, so it doesn't really count :D
    How annoying about the hotel/card. At least you got an upgrade out of it, but no hassle would probably have been better! Well done for complaining.

I hope you enjoyed your free meal. :j

Quite excited about the upgrade:j. I get exclusive access to the executive loung, whatever that means. It might be the most posh thing that's ever happened to me!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    • Work is more tolerable
    • didn't realise but have £20 Morrison vouchers to spend
    • my horrific roots are gone
    • given notice on bt account because they have increased their monthly fibre and landline package to £48 :eek:
    • moved barclaycard payment so that it comes out just after payday rather than THE DAY BEFORE like it currently is
    • lost my cash card on Tuesday, I really don't know how. I didn't notice until wed, but I already have new one (well done Halifax) and so far no suspicious activity on our account
    • 'free'dinner wasn't free. Bill came to £56, with £15 taken off for taste card, and with £19 reimbursement, so will have cost us £26 including a tip as long as we get the money back. Well worth it though, it was really lovely.

Bad things:(
    • Lost a cash card. V cross with myself, also found it stressful because looking for it made me late for the hairdresser. Also really worried me. Also have a nagging doubt it was pinched at work:(
    • We have been making a conscious effort to have treats but I feel we have taken it to extremes. We went out Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We used vouchers every time but I think we need to stretch out the fun a little iyswim, make it last
    • I believe that we have exceeded this months budget. I have yet to do all the sums and it's hard to tell because I have a load of expenses outstanding, but I think we might need to adjust the cc DDs
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you have overspent , you just need to readjust . Think your right about the treats maybe one a week rather than 3 !

Nobody is perfect and it's all a learning curve. I am still learning and trying to reign myself in, which at the moment I am.

Hope you get your expenses back soon then you can get all your figures up to date.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh no sorry about the cash card. That would totally worry me.

BT have just put our regular internet and phone deal upon by £3 a month. The only thing is last time we attempted to move providers it went very badly wrong. So now I'm scared of ever moving again!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    We moved to Plusnet (owned by BT but cheaper) last Autumn. I think we are on some sort of mini deal which might end imminently but so far our monthly bills have all been under £12 - but we did pay the line rental up front for the year (maybe £195?). That is £40-50 a month better than BT. We were offered a new Plusnet router or we could reconfigure the BT one (we chose a new one). Very reliable and very pleased.

SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    We recently changed to Sky when they had a brilliant deal plus huge cashback on - always worth doing the sum with cashback included. We have to put up with the odd bit of marketing mail from Sky (which I suppose we could stop if we tried hard enough), but we've never had Sky and don't particularly want it, so it's not even slightly tempting.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback