I’m taking control of my life, now.

Options

Comments

• boxofpaws
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    Boxofpaws, can you not ask your company for a credit card to put expenses on, so that you at least have a chance of getting the money from them before the card needs paying, rather than effectively giving your company a loan every month?

Sorry if my comment is out of order.

Not out of order at all! In fact, I'm faintly embarrassed to say, I already have one! I've just tried to never use it because it gives me more work to do and I'm scared to get n a mess with it (I have previous, as you can see:rotfl:).

No you're right, that's what I'll have to do, thank you Jazee:)
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Oh you should definitely make use of that company credit card! Ask for a look at their credit card policy or have a chat with a finance manager to ascertain what the rules are so it's clear cut from the beginning.

Keep receipts in a particular place and put half an hour in the diary every month to do what you need to do to process them. It's MILES better than getting expenses muddled up with your personal money.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hugs Bop, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down with all the work stuff.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £13,870, Car loan 2 £10,310 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Oh you should definitely make use of that company credit card!

Done! Activated. Thank you
    sashybo wrote: »
    Hugs Bop, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down with all the work stuff.

Aw, thanks sashybo:)
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Good thing since I last posted:j (this afternoon:rotfl:)
    • gone for a run, the quickest since last August. Feel much better
    • barclaycard payment I was worrying about the day before payday is half what I thought it was
    • activated the company credit card and memorised PIN number for next trip
    • submitted work expenses for last trip
    • booked another little groupon activity (£15 for the 2 of us)
    • updated spending diary. Superfluous spends aren't as bad as I thought. £22 on kebabs for 3 of us on Friday (after the train journey from hell) and mcdonalds breakfast for 2 when we travelled last weekend to the birthday party are not going to break us.
    • pub quiz tonight with friends, and I have some more vouchers for beer and wine
    • I have potentially planned a free valentines meal out. I have applied for a mystery shopper assignment and the restaurant has accepted the booking with a taste card! Feeling pretty smug about this one:D

All in all, feeling much more upbeat this evening
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having a roller coaster ride BOP, - i'm playing catch up on your diary - today you sound much more positive :)

I did feel sorry for you reading about the travelling and that train journey :eek:

I bet you had fun in the Quiz and is it Valentines soon? :rotfl:

I'm intrigued that you are a mystery shopper - you sound so .. mysterious :rotfl: Joking aside .. it sounds fun - enjoy the meal :)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Glad to hear your list of good things there - no wonder you'r sounding so much brighter about things!

Planning and organisation is key with the company card - but you've got that side of things under control by the sound of it. It does make far more sense to do things that way - then if they're slow paying and any interest gets accrued that is their problem,. not yours!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having a roller coaster ride BOP, - i'm playing catch up on your diary - today you sound much more positive :)

I did feel sorry for you reading about the travelling and that train journey :eek:

I bet you had fun in the Quiz and is it Valentines soon? :rotfl:

I'm intrigued that you are a mystery shopper - you sound so .. mysterious :rotfl: Joking aside .. it sounds fun - enjoy the meal :)

I'm an enigma, me
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Glad you are feeling better :)

Thank you Bob. Sorry for my temporary miserableness
    Glad to hear your list of good things there - no wonder you'r sounding so much brighter about things!

Planning and organisation is key with the company card - but you've got that side of things under control by the sound of it. It does make far more sense to do things that way - then if they're slow paying and any interest gets accrued that is their problem,. not yours!

I'm religious with my expenses, because I don't want to get in a mess with them. I just need to set up the admin on the card, which I am halfway to doing.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • angelpye
    Options
    How lovely to have a meal for two to look forward to and not have to pay for it! Seems like you are working hard to turn things around so well deserved :D
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport