2.2 is 15 out of 20

GT3
    Thursday
    10am 53.7 Heat on (Snake only)
    12pm 51.9 All off
    11pm 51.6 HW on (Snake and Tap)
    Fri
    8am 46.7 HW on
    10am 47.3 Heat on (Info says "heat pump only stop temperature 40.6, present temperature 39.1. Heat Rad mode)
    12pm 52.7 HW on
    6.30pm 48.5 All off
    7pm 47.8 Heat on
    9pm 53.0 All off

When the heating is on, the hot water pipe from the 3 way valve is pleasantly warm to hold on to in a cold garage.
  • lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 April 2016 at 10:26PM
    Options
    DeeWestern wrote: »
    2.2 is 15 out of 20
    Do you mean 15 out of 30?

GT3
    Thursday
    10am 53.7 Heat on (Snake only)
    12pm 51.9 All off
    11pm 51.6 HW on (Snake and Tap)
    Alter the DHW timer settings, as I advised earlier.
    Fri
    8am 46.7 HW on
    10am 47.3 Heat on (Info says "heat pump only stop temperature 40.6, present temperature 39.1. Heat Rad mode)
    12pm 52.7 HW on
    6.30pm 48.5 All off
    7pm 47.8 Heat on
    9pm 53.0 All off

When the heating is on, the hot water pipe from the 3 way valve is pleasantly warm to hold on to in a cold garage.
    Is the DHW pipe constantly warm, or is the temperature increasing in heating mode?

You were turning the DHW down to 48C in a earlier post, so is it still at that setting, as cannot see why at 12.00 pm the HW came on @ 52.7C
    What are the alarms showing now?
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • DeeWestern
    DeeWestern Posts: 117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Will get back to you on the others, but target remains 48 with recurring GT8/9 alarms.
  • DeeWestern
    Options
    lovesgshp wrote: »
    2.2 is 15 out of 20
    Do you mean 15 out of 30?
    No, there's 15 blocks lit up and 5 extra spaces. Su is listed underneath.
    JAUTD2e.jpg
    Is the DHW pipe constantly warm, or is the temperature increasing in heating mode?
    When the GSHP is off, neither pipe leaving the 3 way valve is anything more than lukewarm. When the snake is on and the tap is off, only the heat pipe warms up - and the GT3 temperature doesn't increase (sitting static at 49.9 over the 20 mins I've been looking)
    Alter the DHW timer settings, as I advised earlier.
    Easier said than done, even with a downloaded manual. Is this going to fix anything other than reducing my electric bill?
    I have gone to 4.3, which says Mo 00:00-00.00. I pick adjust, and I can rotate the dial between Mo, mo, tu (and so on). No idea what difference the capital letter makes, the manual is unclear. I changed the time to read 06:00-21:00 as advised, then save, and the 4.3 said Mo, Off, 06:00-21:00.
    Am I supposed to be entering the times I want the water off, rather than on? The 'Off' statement threw me so I put it back as it was.
    You were turning the DHW down to 48C in a earlier post, so is it still at that setting, as cannot see why at 12.00 pm the HW came on @ 52.7C
    What are the alarms showing now?
    Yes, target is 48. GT8/9 alarms still go off.
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    Apologies for the long delay in replying, but have had some internet connection problems.

No problem with 2.2, as is just another software version of the display.

The reason I said to alter the DHW timer, is just to stop wasting money heating the water up overnight. With the capital letter on you can just set the off time, as why would you need the hot water over those hours, as it gets priority over heating?

There is possibly another valve that is restricting the heating flow in the system (external to the pump). Check the circulating pump in the I/S manual operating phase is operating (vibrating when on ).
    Make sure all air bleed valves are opened, or check them to make sure there is not a airlock in the system.
  • DeeWestern
    Options
    No problem for the delay, I'm very grateful for the help and just thought my problems were too difficult!

Any idea where the other valve that is restricting the flow might be? What would it look like?

Where would the air valves you say need to be open be - all at the top of each radiator?
  • lovesgshp
    edited 7 April 2016 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Difficult to say where that mixing valve may be. Possibly close to the UFH manifold, or close to the buffer tank. It has to control the different temps for the UFH and rads depending on heating demand.

http://www.radiantandhydronics.com/ext/resources/RH/Home/Images/archives/r/rh/rh0/rh01/RH0112%20Glitch%20drawing_lg.jpg
    nAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

With the air vents, there should be some above the heat pump itself. I cannot identify any from the pictures.
  • DeeWestern
    Options
    If I've understood correctly, you'd like me to try and find the 'four way motorized mixing valve' from the diagram you linked to - is that right?

Are the air vents going to be in the white worcester box with LCD, or linked to the external pipes? Any chance you could tell me what to search for in google images so I can see what I'm trying to spot?

pCpFDni.jpg
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    Just looking at your data GT1-GT11 again, it looks as though there is no mixing valve installed as GT4 is not showing in the pump settings. Will email you the full manual so you can look at the circuit plans (P55). There may be just a bypass.

With the air vents, they would be above the flow pipes and look something like the ones shown below:
    https://www.taco-hvac.com/products/air_elimination__control/air_vents/index.html
  • DeeWestern
    Options
    Getting a bit fed up with this system, still no further forward.

Searched all over for air vents but can't see any.

This is the top of the heat pump circuit, the plastic bottle at the top is empty again:
    aIrnn3G.jpg

The expansion vessel has held its pressure since I recharged it a couple of months ago
    gN3lvLP.jpg

Think this is the top of the hot water:
    Rwvu3He.jpg

Think this might be the top of the UFH tank? Much smaller and round
    8VLr1fX.jpg

Think this is a pump:
    8VLr1fX.jpg

Top of the main unit:
    xX07OWp.jpg

Pipes to the house go up and in to the main building:
    7giM7Kp.jpg

Insulation stops on the other side of the wall! This is as far as I can go - the red pipes are to/from a radiator, and I guess the other pipes are central heating / UFH / hot water and return pipes, and the black cable might be UFH thermostat?
    G6GdKim.jpg

Thinking the easiest thing might be just to cut the buzzer out, as it's been working OK other than the noise and error messages. I am at my wit's end!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback