Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• johnsons_baby
    Options
    I'm sorted (ish) I'm still missing £22 somewhere but balances and everything else is working for me.
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    boultww wrote: »
    It is now 3.45 pm and my husbands wages have still not arrived into the account. I think it is disgusting and I will be sending them the bill for tomorrows loss of earnings as not enough petrol to get to work without wages

And how many thousands more will play the petrol card.
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck if anyone makes a formal complaint to their complaints department, since with my recent experience it will likely take around two months before anyone even looks at it!
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • jr29
    jr29 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Mine is now in although I have taken it all out and I am slighly nervous as to if my wages will be there in the morning. Alot of stress and panic caused to many people today due to this, I understand a technical hitch is out of everyone's control and that the staff struggle with information given to them but it is not nice when you are faced of the prospect of not being able to feed your children because you can't get access to YOUR OWN money. Glad it's sorted and hope everyon else's is also.
  • Cazdragon
    Options
    mportant Information for our customers - message timed at 16:25
    We can confirm that all account balance information has now been updated so most customers will now be able to view an up to date balance. Some services online are still unavailable and some customers may still be impacted.

We recognise this has caused significant inconvenience for our customers, and we continue to work to resolve these issues and restore a full service.

We will be keeping over 1,000 NatWest branches in all major towns and cities open until 7pm tonight to assist customers who are unable to get to their branch during working hours. Staff at our call centres are also ready to answer questions and help where they can.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 June 2012 at 4:53PM
    Options
    boultww wrote: »
    It is now 3.45 pm and my husbands wages have still not arrived into the account. I think it is disgusting and I will be sending them the bill for tomorrows loss of earnings as not enough petrol to get to work without wages

Surely you should be waiting until tomorrow morning before deciding that there is no physical way of you getting hold of money to pay for the petrol?

It's times like this where the usual advice of not relying on one bank to look after every penny of your finances should be re-emphasised! Even if it's just a credit card from Vanquis etc. (lenders who will give out low-limit credit cards to just about anyone) in the drawer for emergencies. (I don't mean to be rubbing it in with an "I told you so"! Just advice for the future).
    jr29 wrote: »
    Mine is now in although I have taken it all out and I am slighly nervous as to if my wages will be there in the morning. Alot of stress and panic caused to many people today due to this, I understand a technical hitch is out of everyone's control and that the staff struggle with information given to them but it is not nice when you are faced of the prospect of not being able to feed your children because you can't get access to YOUR OWN money. Glad it's sorted and hope everyon else's is also.

While I sympathise with the annoyance - are you seriously suggesting that your cupboards, fridge and freezer are all completely empty, and you're unable to gather £2/3 between you in change from everyone in the house?
  • coldhandoff
    coldhandoff Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a joke.
    I work for Natwest.
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As said above, things seem to be sorting out now.

Everything seems to be there, even the cheques paid in the other day have now appeared, but not cleared yet. At least nothing seems to be missing.

Fingers crossed, that will be that.
  • Yuki60
    Yuki60 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    Surely you should be waiting until tomorrow morning before deciding that there is no physical way of you getting hold of money to pay for the petrol?

It's times like this where the usual advice of not relying on one bank to look after every penny of your finances should be re-emphasised! Even if it's just a credit card from Vanquis etc. (lenders who will give out low-limit credit cards to just about anyone) in the drawer for emergencies. (I don't mean to be rubbing it in with an "I told you so"! Just advice for the future).

While I sympathise with the annoyance - are you seriously suggesting that your cupboards, fridge and freezer are all completely empty, and you're unable to gather £2/3 between you in change from everyone in the house?

And are you seriously suggesting people on low incomes or with little spare cash should get a credit card of any sort? Credit cards aren't a solution, they just land people in more debt. Also there are plenty of people who live payday to payday and if that payday is out by a day they are unable to find 2-3 quid. Bit arrogant of you to assume everyone can and a little bit patronizing in your whole attitude.
  • Loumoltom
    Options
    just checked with my UB acc still no sign of todays credits :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills