Hourly rate for domestic cleaner?

Options

Comments

• clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I used to clean part time in both domestic and commercial places and got paid £10 an hour and i'm in the north west. But like a previous poster said i did everything and more for the money.

I also provided my own products but that was because i knew what worked for me and got results fast, used my own rags and cloths etc but would use the clients hoover, which sometimes probably would have been easier to use my own as a lot did not do a good job. :rolleyes:

All my jobs were through word of mouth, so i must have had a decent reputation...but unfortunatley now due to ill health cannot keep the pace, but it doesn't half keep you fit ;)
  • MrsAnnie
    MrsAnnie Posts: 679 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2010 at 7:18PM
    Options
    Deleted.

Just realised the OP is from 2007.
    I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he ha
    s had to overcome while trying to succeed. Booker T Washington
  • Morgan_Ree
    Morgan_Ree Posts: 787 Forumite
    Options
    arlybarly wrote: »
    hi all,
    thought id tell you about my job. i work 2 days per week as a housekeeper for a very very well known VIP who pays me 8 pounds an hour and is very flexible. (plus the references are very useful) and i also do private houses which are charged at 10 pounds per hour as i supply my own cloths and cleaning materials and vac, this is very popular as the clients havent got to rush out when the claeaners due tto buy all the stuff themselves. i dont advertise and am very picky on who i clean for as i dont do dirty houses. i live in brum

:rotfl:

Sorry that made me laugh
    It's like me saying I'm a nurse but I don't do sick people
    Future Mrs Gerard Butler :D

[STRIKE]
    Team Wagner
    [/STRIKE] I meant Team Matt......obviously :cool:
  • amandada
    amandada Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I pay £10/hour and she's worth every penny!
  • Glitzkiss
    Glitzkiss Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    Options
    I wish I had a cleaner.

I pay myself a gin and tonic in the evening for cleaning my house :o
  • Mrs_Moc
    Mrs_Moc Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    Options
    Mine costs £7 per hour and comes 6 hours per week.

Best thing I have ever bought myself!!!
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Back in the day when I earned a half-decent salary and worked very long hours I employed a cleaner for about 6 hours a week. I believe I paid her £6 an hour and it was the best money I ever spent. It was so lovely to get home on a Thursday night and the place was orderly, clean and tidy. The sainted Gladys even emptied out and cleaned all the cupboards. If only it was that way now and I'm not even working
  • rosered1963
    rosered1963 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    Options
    I get paid £10 an hour in private houses. (York)
  • Worcester_Man
    Options
    We have a cleaner. Best thing since sliced bread. reliable, honest, flexible, infact, all the things you want when you hand over the keys to your home.
    We pay £10 per hour and would recommend her to anyone in the Worcestershire area.
  • cannyscot_2
    cannyscot_2 Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most of my friends and neighbours have a cleaner -most pay 10 the odd one pays 9 . I was paying 7.50 quite happily until I asked around. There is a women round here who is very nice and charges 5.50 but she is slow and you have to tell her what to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure