Low Carb Diets Support Thread

Options

Comments

• Frugalista
    Frugalista Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is the one I used - but will tweak it a bit next time.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/indian-cabbage-stir-fry

There are loads more recipes - just google Crackslaw.
    "Men are generally more careful of the breed(ing) of their horses and dogs than of their children" - William Penn 1644-1718
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I do use a lot of Dietdoctor recipes, thanks.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    Looks good also, just not over keen on peppers.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Frugalista
    Frugalista Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm thinking that next time I will make it more on a Mexican/chilli theme and add grated cheese on the top and pop it in the oven to melt. Drools!!!
    "Men are generally more careful of the breed(ing) of their horses and dogs than of their children" - William Penn 1644-1718
  • DonnaBurris
    Options
    Thanks for sharing these awesome low carb recipes. I was looking for such recipes to lower my carb intake.
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well I've officially lost 2 stone since January 2016. Slow and steady and into size 18 now. I was verging on 24 :eek:

Problem now, is that I'm off to Dubai on Monday with Uni. I have no idea what to eat. I've put dietary preferences on the plane as diabetic and lactose intolerant in the hopes that I get a lower carb meal. I know there's a lot of Indian food available so I can pick my usual Tandoori mixed grill style dinner (basically lots of meat) and breakfast shouldn't be a problem at the hotel. But I dint know what's available at lunch.

Has anyone been?
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• Pop_Up_Pirate
    Options
    Well I've officially lost 2 stone since January 2016. Slow and steady and into size 18 now. I was verging on 24 :eek:

Problem now, is that I'm off to Dubai on Monday with Uni. I have no idea what to eat. I've put dietary preferences on the plane as diabetic and lactose intolerant in the hopes that I get a lower carb meal. I know there's a lot of Indian food available so I can pick my usual Tandoori mixed grill style dinner (basically lots of meat) and breakfast shouldn't be a problem at the hotel. But I dint know what's available at lunch.

Has anyone been?
    Congrats on the weight loss! Really well done. :)

No, I haven't been to Dubai, so can't help you there. Have a great time though!
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My friends I've been a very bad boy this week, pigged out, ate loads of carbs, put on 2lbs but enjoyed every moment of it 😈

I'll start again on Monday 😇

Kevin
  • silverbeetle
    Options

Has anyone been?

Wow congratulations on your weigh loss.

I have been low carb for a few weeks now and had lost 5 ponds but gained 2 this week but I have not changed my eating pattern. I am having less than 50g of carbs each day. Should I cut this down more?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback