My Debt Busting Diary 2016

Options

Comments

• DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    I had 3 jabs and 2 teeth and it came to £157 so agree best part of £200 as teeth will come in more esp if need sedation? Mine didn't thankfully. Although I did get flung the full length of the stable when my 11.2 caught me off guard!!! Full length! I didn't get up for laughing that I'd let it happen!

Sorry to hear the little man isn't feeling too great, my son has a permanent bib as he teethed non stop meaning everything got wet!

Viewsbank are really good. I have a referral if you decide to give them a go x
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    I had 3 jabs and 2 teeth and it came to £157 so agree best part of £200 as teeth will come in more esp if need sedation? Mine didn't thankfully. Although I did get flung the full length of the stable when my 11.2 caught me off guard!!! Full length! I didn't get up for laughing that I'd let it happen!

Sorry to hear the little man isn't feeling too great, my son has a permanent bib as he teethed non stop meaning everything got wet!

Viewsbank are really good. I have a referral if you decide to give them a go x

Unfortunately the big lad will need sedating - just not worth arguing with him, so it will be in the region of £200 :eek: Although, eBay sales came in last night at £24.11, so we're off the mark! Will pop all the PayPal payments into a separate account and let it add up over the next month.

I'm sat looking at my spreadsheet dreaming of being debt free. If I can pay £200 a month off cc I'll be there by December 2017, may even be sooner once I'm back at work. Once all paid off we'll have £400 a month surplus after taking out £500 a month towards annual car, insurance, vets bills etc. And that's based on me working a 3 day week! Seems like a dream! I'm determined to crack it this time and give my DS the best life possible. Why is debt so easy to accumulate and yet so difficult to get rid of? Lesson learnt (hopefully!)
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Doh! I've had cc statement through- last months payment was a day late, so I've been charged £12 :mad: worse than that it's screwed my 0% period so estimated interest next month is over £70 :eek::eek::eek:

I was in two minds as to what to do. Option 1: phone up and grovel. Option 2: Transfer balance to cc2 -3% fee 12 months 0% Option 3: Take out new card. I've decided to go with option 3 as Cc1 0% runs out in September so I'd need to transfer then and I've managed to find a card with no fee, 23 months 0% with £21 cashback chucked in. My estimated limit would be enough to transfer both cards onto, so may well do this just for ease of having just the one to keep tabs on.
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Morning hun

If you have a good payment history so far, I would go with option 1 instead of paying an admin fee of moving to a new card earlier than you need to. At least if they say no, you have the other options still. Just my opinion though :D
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Not a lot to report money wise. The cashback has tracked for the new cc. I now have £120 ish waiting to be payable. Would be nice if it happens in time for the next vet bill, but either way it'll be put to good use.

Had an email from eBay for 100 free listings and 25% off final fees for today, so have done a few draft listings thus morning whilst waiting for little man to wake up. I've had to submit another 2 non paying bidder claims which is frustrating, but at least I can claim my fees back and relist the item.

Happy Sunday everyone X
  • slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,730 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi I have had a number of non paying people on ebay lately and it is really frustrating. Keep going you are doing really well :)
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    slm6002 wrote: »
    Hi I have had a number of non paying people on ebay lately and it is really frustrating. Keep going you are doing really well :)

It does my head in as I never know when I'm safe to relist. Think I'll start specifying payment to be received within 3 days.

Talking of eBay I've just listed / relisted a new batch of goodies. Fingers crossed the bids come rolling in :D

I think somebody must have been listening to me earlier - £38.66 become payable in my cashback account. Will transfer this over towards the next vet bill once it lands - total so far £58.66 / £200 :T
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Brilliant news on the cash coming in, great stuff.
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • ScattySkewbald
    Options
    Nothing terribly exciting to report this morning, but a quick post helps me keep motivated :D

Had a walk round the charity shops yesterday and picked up a Jack Wills tunic for £4.50 - looks as though it's hardly been worn. I think I may be getting a wee bit addicted to this charity shop lark- you wait in a few weeks time I'll be looking to reduce my CS spend as well as the food shopping :rotfl:

No bids on eBay yet and still no payment for the outstanding items. Feeling slightly frustrated that I'm making no overpayments at the minute, but I know it'll be worth it in the long run when I have the money for the vets bill sat there. Speaking of which I've still not phoned to pay the last one - must do that and check passports for jab dates today.

Can't believe how quickly my mat leave is going - I've been off work for 7 months already and only have 5 more pay days until I go back :( really not looking forward to it. The thought of leaving my little man breaks my heart. Really need to make the most of the coming months, especially now he's more interactive and interested in things. If my calculations are right, I'll be left with about £1k in my mat leave pot. It's so tempting to chuck this at the debt when the time comes, although I'm thinking the sensible option would be to pop it in a savings account so it's there in case of emergency.

Meal plan needs doing for the coming week. I've also got a load of mushrooms ready to turn, so will look for a nice easy mushroom burger recipe and incorporate them in to this weeks menu.

So jobs for today.....
    1. Pay vet bill and check jab date
    2. Tackle living room
    3. Meal plan
    4. Mushroom burgers
    5. Get at least 3 draft eBay listings done
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Enjoy every minute whilst you can. It's so hard going back to work and leaving them, but it'll just be the next chapter in your lives starting xx
    Debt - CCV £3792

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts