transferred balances with new cards

Options
Hi,

I hope i'm in the correct place.
First of all, i'm in debt of about £11,000 on 3 credit cards.
1 is £2,300
2.nd is 4,300
3rd is 4,390
Silly thing to do, but i had no choice.

they started charging me interest now, as it was 0% of over 14 months.
I'm new to this stuff, so i want to get 3 separate cards to make a balance tranfer.
I went onto another site and got a credit card with Barclaycard Platinum,

Don't 100% know all the meaning, but learning.
Lowest cost
Cost to you: £23
Debt repaid in: 33 months

Interest free period
0% 30 months
balance transfer offer
Then 19.9%

Fees
0.55% fee
on transferred
balances

Representative APR
19.9% APR variable

They gave me £3800 on the Barclaycard.
I want to pay most of it from The Barclaycard to the nationwide card, that has £4.300 left to pay.

1, i have no idea how i do this, do i do this from the Barclaycards online account, and tranfer it from there to the nationwide card? i don't 100% understand what i do..:doh:

also, shall i get 2 extras cards to do the same process.
Like i said, i'm clueless to this kind of stuff.

Be Grateful for someones help.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Mark_Anthony
    Options
    Ok thanks,

I'll delete it.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ok thanks,

I'll delete it.

Don't do that - somebody who knows how to do it will ask for it to be moved for you so you get appropriate help.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Debt-Free Wannabe’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nile wrote: »
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Debt-Free Wannabe’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile

Was just going to move this, and seen its been done, Thanks Nile

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome to the forum,

Moving your CC balance to another card for a lower APR is a good move and means you can pay more off the capital rather than the interest.

Whether or not you should/could get 2 other cards would depend on a number of things.
    Who are your cards with at the moment? Some companies are known for offering existing customer offers and so you may be better to move that cards balance to free up a promo offer. This means you can bounce your balances around without the need to apply for as many additional cards.
    Have you spoken to any of your providers about promo offers on BTs?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The way to complete a balance transfer is either online when you are logged in to their online banking system or you call them up. You need to give them the long card number from the card you want the money moved from.
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills