PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Experience with Homeground Management Ltd

Options

Comments

• marygate
    marygate Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi CL and others in the Forum.
    Thanks to CL's phone number, you can see in my last reply what occurred, I received a call today from a charming young lady from Homeground. She said that she has investigated and for some reason none of the many emails I sent have appeared in their mailbox, even despite me receiving all the automated replies. They do not understand why and are looking into it as we speak. To cut a long story short she has instructed the solicitors to drop everything, Logged my correspondence address, removed any penalties and charges and is providing support to me for successful log into the website for my account. I am totally happy with the end result. I did mention that I wasn't alone and referred her to this forum, so perhaps it will be working soon, so keep trying. When the all clear sounds I will try to help everyone, so watch this space. Thanks again CL
  • weeshus
    weeshus Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2014 at 8:08PM
    Options
    Have today received a letter from Lea & Company (solicitors to the freeholder who has sold the leasehold to Adriatic Land 2 Limited (a Guernsey Company). Rents payable under my lease will now be made to Homeground Management Limited. As you can imagine I Googled Homegound and landed up in this forum. There is an address in the letter which is
    Homeground Management Limited
    P O Box 6433
    London W1A 2UZ and the web address (which timed out on the 2 occasions I have just tried to visit their site)
    I hope this may help. My next step is to write to Lea & Co (1st Floor Landmark House, Station Road, Cheadle Hulme, SK8 7BS) Reference AA/189646 and also to Adriatic Land 2 Limited's solicitors Darbys Solicitors LLP, 52 New Inn Hall Street, Oxford OX1 2DN Reference LF/CP/94629.35 referring thwem both to this forum and requesting that they either contact their new "tenants" or ensure that the horrors referred to in this forum are not repeated.

I think that from what has been said that all correspondence should be sent at leat Recordede Delivery so Homeground can not say they did not receive.

Regards
    Weeshus
  • marygate
    marygate Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2014 at 10:45PM
    Options
    I have, believe it or not been able to make firm contact with Homeground, all be it with a vast amount of effort. I can't help people who want to spread out your payments, this, it seems is not negotiable, so in fairness you either meet your obligations, or suffer the consequences. It is NOT their remit to do deals. However if you owe them money and simply want to make contact in order to pay without dealing with their legal alligators and non existent contact system like I did, I have an email address which will take you straight through, which is (text removed by MSE Forum Team). Very helpful and now I'm fully paid up. Dogs have been called off, however after having received new letters with new pass codes to get into my personal account, they still don't work and they admit they have trouble with the site. So we are still Peeing, sorry, spitting in the wind.
    Good luck and God speed
  • zapp59
    Options
    I have had trouble with this company since they became responsible for collecting my ground rent at the start of 2012 . They insisted my account was in arrears prior to this date despite the fact that the previous company had supplied proof that this was not the case. In the end after numerous emails (again most unanswered) the matter seemed settled.
    A week ago I received a letter saying that I was still in arrears by £25 as advised in a previous correspondence (which I never received) and had thus incurred a late collection fee of £45 with the threat of further action if I did not pay.
    This week I have 'bombarded' them with about 50 emails in an attempt to get them to contact me which they did but they will not budge from their position. So what can I do? If I don't pay I risk further legal action so in the end you just give in.
    I am writing to the the actual landlords, Oxford Investment Partners of Christchurch Oxford although I don't anticipate that they will be that much concerned
    To coin a phrase 'This Company is not fit for purpose' No phone contacts at all and any other contact just one line emails sometimes of no relevance to the matter in hand
  • Peater
    Peater Posts: 521 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2014 at 12:10PM
    Options
    Oh joy,

I have recently been notified that our new freeholder has appointed HGM as ground rent collectors.

After trying to contact them to no avail (I run the management company for the flats) I just googled them and found this thread.

I can see that i'm going to have to deal with alot of unhappy leaseholders/residents in the coming months.

Thanks for all the information posted in this thread.
  • Mrs_EW
    Mrs_EW Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 April 2014 at 10:46PM
    Options
    The sale of our flat was also held up by no response from Home Ground and this could have lost us our sale. :mad:
    We were saved by the link to the telephone number. Thank you. :A
    Initially we had the same response that some others had - that they were not available on this number - but our solicitor managed to get past this and communicated with (text removed by MSE Forum Team) dealt with our solicitor's enquiries promptly and professionally. We couldn't fault her. :T
    Surely this is the reputation that Home Ground should want. :huh:
  • mohsade
    mohsade Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Home ground is a company that apparently took over our previous ground rent company Trinity. No Correspondence was received by many of us, no terms and conditions etc. End of last year out of no where, i received a letter from them demanding money and also additional charges. I was furious as, I had no idea who this company was. I complained but no reponse was received with regards to my official complaint. I paid the ground rent to them when they sent some emails and when i confirmed with neighbours that they had taken over Trinity.

This year the firs letter i received from them was in February , threateneing me that they had referred me to the soliciotors as i did not pay the ground rent. I was confused and contacted the solicitors who advised that they were referring to this years payment. The ground rent for this year. However no correspondence was received by myself and many others in my block. I contacted Trading Standards who advised i Pay the ground rent but not a penny more. I did so and then received a letter from the solicitors saying that the ground rent paid was not sufficient and i had to pay £292 by the 17th April 2014. Initially there was a £100 charge. They have threatened they will increase this charge if i dont pay even though i have paid the ground rent. This is a total unfair practice which I am sure is illegal and against consumer rights. I am taking HOME GROUND MANAGMENT to court for the way we have been treated. This is a unfair practice as trading standards stated and i need as many people to sign this petition who are also suffering as a result of this unfair act.
  • mohsade
    Options
    Home ground is a company that apparently took over our previous ground rent company Trinity. No Correspondence was received by many of us, no terms and conditions etc. End of last year out of no where, i received a letter from them demanding money and also additional charges. I was furious as, I had no idea who this company was.There is no contact number for this company at all, which is frustrating. I complained but no reponse was received with regards to my official complaint. I paid the ground rent to them when they sent some emails and when i confirmed with neighbours that they had taken over Trinity.

This year the firs letter i received from them was in February , threateneing me that they had referred me to the soliciotors as i did not pay the ground rent. I was confused and contacted the solicitors who advised that they were referring to this years payment. The ground rent for this year. However no correspondence was received by myself and many others in my block. I contacted Trading Standards who advised i Pay the ground rent but not a penny more. I did so and then received a letter from the solicitors jb leitch saying that the ground rent paid was not sufficient and i had to pay £292 by the 17th April 2014. Initially there was a £100 charge. They have threatened they will increase this charge if i dont pay even though i have paid the ground rent. This is a total unfair practice which I am sure is illegal and against consumer rights. I am taking HOME GROUND MANAGMENT to court for the way we have been treated. This is a unfair practice as trading standards stated and i need as many people to sign this petition who are also suffering as a result of this unfair act.
  • mohsade
    Options
    Home ground is a company that apparently took over our previous ground rent company Trinity. No Correspondence was received by many of us, no terms and conditions etc. End of last year out of no where, i received a letter from them demanding money and also additional charges. I was furious as, I had no idea who this company was.There is no contact number for this company at all, which is frustrating. I complained but no reponse was received with regards to my official complaint. I paid the ground rent to them when they sent some emails and when i confirmed with neighbours that they had taken over Trinity.

This year the firs letter i received from them was in February , threateneing me that they had referred me to the soliciotors as i did not pay the ground rent. I was confused and contacted the solicitors who advised that they were referring to this years payment. The ground rent for this year. However no correspondence was received by myself and many others in my block. I contacted Trading Standards who advised i Pay the ground rent but not a penny more. I did so and then received a letter from the solicitors jb leitch saying that the ground rent paid was not sufficient and i had to pay £292 by the 17th April 2014. Initially there was a £100 charge. They have threatened they will increase this charge if i dont pay even though i have paid the ground rent. This is a total unfair practice which I am sure is illegal and against consumer rights. I am taking HOME GROUND MANAGMENT to court for the way we have been treated. This is a unfair practice as trading standards stated and i need as many people to sign this petition who are also suffering as a result of this unfair act.
  • mohsade
    Options
    PLEASE SIGN MY PETITION AGAINST HOMEGROUND ON change.org/en-GB/petitions/home-ground-management-ltd-stop-your-unfair-business-practice-and-deceptive-method-of-conning-customers-with-charges-and-legal-letters-when-we-are-not-at-fault-and-your-lack-of-communication[/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure