IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

roxburghe debt collectors parking fine

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 February 2012 at 12:50PM
    Options
    winnie1988 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I received a letter today for a £60 parking fine demanding a payment of £114 in 14 days, also from Roxburghe. Is it right that I will now be blacklisted for not paying this or do I continue to ignore this "scam"? I also need reassurance about what to do

If you mean will it affect your credit rating? NO! :)

What you must do is read the sticky threads, watch the Watchdog video and also find your letter on the top thread so you can see what will come next.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • solotrom
    Options
    Hi,

I've just got a letter from Roxburghes threatening me with Graham White. It's for an parking charge which I ignored from Parking Eye, Chorley.

Has anyone ever been taken to court by Roxburghes or Graham White over this?

Can I get a CCJ through this?

Don't know the system although I've read the forums. CAN it happen??????

Cheers!

Solotrom
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    solotrom wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just got a letter from Roxburghes threatening me with Graham White. It's for an parking charge which I ignored from Parking Eye, Chorley.

Don't know the system although I've read the forums. CAN it happen??????

Cheers!

Solotrom

"Graham White" is just another desk in Roxburghes' office. They have tried to take two cases to court. In one they failed to turn up and in the other they made such a mess of the preliminary paperwork that the case was struck out.

As for a CCJ the case would have to go to court (very unlikely) you lose (very, very unlikely) and then you fail to pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days. That is such a remote possibility that it's not worth worrying about.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 6 February 2012 at 1:03PM
    Options

No, never.

'Graham White' pretended to try it once/twice and pulled out as they couldn't put a case together (they are not even an active solicitor firm, just another name used by Roxburghe, a debt collector who cannot just bring a court case).

Not if it never goes to Court, which I have already explained above, it won't. Literally THOUSANDS of posts on here over the years have been about this outfit who sail very close to the wind. Last year the Office of Fair Trading have threatened to revoke their CCA licence so Roxburghe's dodgy practices are well known and under scrutiny.

Just ignore them, do not reply, don't tell them who was driving or even let them know that their standard letters are being received and read. Just relax and file each letter that matches our top thread 'PPC letters & threats'. All the letters are shown there, along with a Watchdog clip you should watch if you've not seen it so far.

I should add that Parking Eye did try one Court case themselves but tried to claim £4000 or some stupid amount, which the judge laughed at; in fact it was a very odd case as the judge did tell the motorist to pay £95 I think (but in his case he had admitted he was driving which helped PE). I assume you have ignored them till now and so they are just writing blindly to the registered keeper of the car - if so, let them stay blind as to who the driver was. And if you think of all the thousands of PE cases we see on here, which are only the tip of the iceberg, you are just a 'needle in a haystack' especially if you don't reply at all.
  • solotrom
    Options
    Thanks for that answer. I hope they don't try to take me to court!!!

I will ignore the letter and keepyou all posted how I get on with it.

Thanks again!
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    The letters can become quite threatening but getting one from pretend solicitors' firm Graham White is like being mauled by a dead sheep. Roxburghe's remain under investigation by the Office of Fair Trading who informed them in May of last year that they were "minded to revoke" their debt collection licence.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • vix2000
    vix2000 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They have managed to get my mobile number somehow and have telephoned me today. I stupidly told them I had parked with my disabled badge and they said that was irrelevant. I told them to take whatever action they wanted and they said they'll pass it to their legal dept.
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I've just got a letter from Roxburghes threatening me with Graham White.

Not sure why but this tickled me. Is it a modern day version of 'a plague on your house' or the 'black spot' :rotfl:

Realistically, it has about as impact as a flat bottle of R. Whites. :cool:

I succesfully ignored a whole stream of their nonsense and they gave it up as a bad job. :D See it as amusement factor.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    vix2000 wrote: »
    They have managed to get my mobile number somehow and have telephoned me today. I stupidly told them I had parked with my disabled badge and they said that was irrelevant. I told them to take whatever action they wanted and they said they'll pass it to their legal dept.

They will probably call again because they don't have a Legal Dept, only some headed notepaper with Graham White on it.

When they call again be ready.

Tell them that any alleged debt is denied and that any form of contact from them - either by phone or letter, text, whatever, is clearly harassment of a disabled person. As that's a criminal offence under the Equality Act 2010 you wll report them if you hear another thing about his trumped-up charge.

No discussion. Phone down once you have made your point and been heard.
  • solotrom
    solotrom Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2012 at 3:12PM
    Options
    I've just finished reading 'The saga of Smithy' (!) on another thread and was wondering why we get letters from a number of different companies despite Smithy and myself allegedly oweing Parking Eye money. Surely they just use the same - I would if I were pond life like them.

My letter is from Roxburghes in case you didn't know
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport