PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hello, Wednesday evening here!
    Another busy day and my achey bones ache more each day!

1.Up early again, I'm setting my alarm for an hour earlier than usual just so I can have a bit of me time, usually on computer, catching up on emails etc.....though this morning I had to pay gas & electricity for here & mortgage for still For Sale house back home! Money in on one hand & straight out on another!

2. Nice quick walk with DD2, she is such a chatterbox! We pass a tree with the most beautiful, tiny leaves which are the most gorgeous autumn colours! Losing more leaves each day!

3. Quick drive to work today, not as much traffic ! Another days wages earned! And earned they were! I was in a bit early & had to start straight away as it was so busy & this continued all shift! I had a crisis of confidence & got a bit upset at one point (pathetically!) & was told they need me more than I need them at the moment! So will be fine tomorrow (I hope!) , I just felt slightly incompetent when I was very competent at what I did back home....but had done that for 4 years compared to having been here for 4 days! Onwards & upwards!

4. Dashed home & dashed back out to get eyebrows waxed ...and they were running 20 minutes late! However, was nice just to sit down & wait & do nothing! Look slightly less hairy beast now!

5. Home, cleaned bathrooms (and whoops....spilled diluted bleach all over bathroom floor....so now smells like a swimming pool!) washing done & hung around the house! Packed lunches made for tomorrow!
    Made spicy pumpkin soup for tea & DD2 supplied pudding. She is on a 4 week after school class to 'experience' secondary school (next year) & made apple crumble. DD1 had first bite & pulled a face and husband(also pulling a face!) was a good daddy & ate the lot & announced it to be the best crumble he'd had to day!

Hope you all have a good day!
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 May 2011 at 7:28PM
    Options
    Evening all.

I haven't had a great day today: I had a contact lens split while it was in my eye (for non contact lens wearers, I can tell you how painful that is - very! :(), somehow got engine oil on my favourite white t-shirt, and wore a hole in my toe by wearing a pair of uncomfortable shoes. :( On the basis that these things come in threes, I hope that's my allocation and tomorrow will be better! ;)

Pleasures, though:

1) M&S were decidedly more helpful than I expected, and the nice customer services lady managed to work around the company's rules so I didn't lose out. (I won't say exactly what she did as I'm sure she wasn't supposed to and I don't want her to get in trouble.)

2) Another fine, sunny day.

3) Watching my daft mog trying to squeeze through a partly-closed door: he got his head through then the rest of him wouldn't follow, like Pooh Bear in a rabbit hole. I shouldn't have laughed as I rescued him, but I couldn't help it. :rotfl:

4) I've found some programmes about the Chelsea flower show on iplayer and I'm going to watch a couple this evening - a colleague has been today and has promised to tell me all about it tomorrow, so I want to have had a look at the gardens so I can picture what she's describing.

5) I washed my white t-shirt with some stain remover I got free in a product trial, and the marks have come off. :j

Have a nice evening, all.
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,
    mhagster wrote: »
    husband(also pulling a face!) was a good daddy & ate the lot & announced it to be the best crumble he'd had to day!

MHagster - how diplomatic of your DH!

CCP - Sorry you had such a yucky day - tomorrow is another day

Strange old day today - I started at the new London office this morning. I thought that I was going to hae a permanent desk there but it seems that it not to be which is a little strange as they definitely told that I was. The new office is gorgeous and only a 15 minute walk from St Pancras which is where my train comes into.

1) I left the office early as they wanted to film me for a client video - it was only less than a minute of talking but usually I get completely tonguetied when the camera is on me, but this time it went smoothly.

2) The environmental manager was also being filmed so we decided to sto at the pub on the way back to the station which was a nice surprise.

3) Took my books back to the library and picked up "The Secret Life of Bees" which I've heard is quite good.

4) Stopped in at Homeb*se to pick up some potting soil and also bought reduce asparagus and globe artichoke bulbs. Also bought some T-cut following Sparrer's recommendation and look forward to polishing out my little stratches from my car.

5) Pottered around the garden and planted out some seedlings. I am quickly running out of space for seedlings!!!

Night all...

Sleep well

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Grrr. Just as I thought my day was getting better, I've just dropped my favourite coffee mug while doing the washing up and broken it. :mad:

Have a lovely evening, all - I'm going to go and watch Chelsea (flowers, not football!) and sulk. ;)
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening, everyone. What a day! I can't say it has been the best of days, but at least it's nearly over. I shan't go into details, so I'm going to focus on the positives. Here goes:

1. A colleague gave me a lift up to the supermarket, where I bought only what was on my list.
    2. I haven't eaten very much (due to stress)
    3. Picked some fresh mint leaves from Mum's garden and showed her how to make fresh mint tea.
    4. The mint tea was lovely.
    5. I'm reading The Bourne Identity and enjoying it. :)

Have a good evening, everyone. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry you are having a crap day, kitchen bunny, i hope things pick up soon

1. Made the most deeeelicccious veggie curry, courtesy of Mr oliver. Made the base with tons left to freeze and turned 1/3 into veggie curry. Pretty much using veggies that were a bit past their best -= RESULT. Twas the best i have ever made and damn nearly takeaway standard.
    2. Chewed the fat with a colleague for an hour.
    3. Lovely bath this morning before work
    4. Sat and watched TV for an hour this evening which is something I never (and i mean NEVER) do.
    5. Went to aldi and only bought things i needed, unheard of.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

Sounds like it's been one of those days for everyone so big (((((hugs)))) all round :)

1) Very quiet day at work
    2) NSD
    3) Not long till I see family and friends now :j
    4) Spoke to the man who mows my lawn and he's going to sort the fence for me next week....the patio will be done by the end of June
    5) Neighbours cat popped round when I got back from work for a quick ear scratch on the drive
    6) Nipped out to check where the interview is on Friday and is very easy to find
    7) Filled the car up (not really a pleasure these days) and it's way cheaper than the old car

Lets hope tomorrow is a better day for you all.

C x
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    (((hugs))) to all those who need them, especially Kitchenbunny and CCP x

1. OH is going to buy us gig tickets for later in the year for a band we both like :) DD will be jealous as she likes them too, bless her!
    2. Went into the office for the first time in a while and had nice chats with colleagues (oh and got lots of work done, lol)
    3. I've booked myself an eye test for tomorrow
    4. DD had dinner with her little chums and...
    5. I had wine with my chum (mummy to her chums) and...
    6. DD is asleep in my bed, so cuddles a-plenty for us both tonight :)
    7. My chum gave me a trashy gossip magazine that I would never waste money on myself but am very happy to read someone elses copy ;)
    8. I'm intrigued by a missed delivery card from the postie, I can't think what I might have ordered that was too big to go through the letterbox, good job the sorting office is kind of on my way into the office where I reckon I'll try and go in again tomorrow :)
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 May 2011 at 12:32AM
    Options
    What a pants day for everyone! Let's get the rubbish bits out of the way here first. Cafcass - bleurgh. And am waiting for a phone call from OH as he has taken his son 4 to primary care with possible appendicitis. :-( And have felt very tired, stressed and useless all day. Oh, and just had my brother round as he had been to our parent's neighbour's funeral then he thought about our Grandad's awful funeral and he had a little cry. :-((((((( Then we talked about the MOT and welding and he was OK!

Anyway, 5 for today!

1) OH brought a cup of tea round first thing. :-)

2) Cafcass appointment for the boys. Very interesting... They were interviewed for nearly an hour so I sat in the waiting room. :-( Sounds like they said everything they wanted to say and... they won't be seeing their father's new fiancee again. Relief that it is all over.

3) Went to a Chinese all you can eat buffet afterwards. The boys REALLY liked it! It is perhaps not the highest quality, most exciting food in the world but they were very taken with the 40 different choices. :-D Only £3.50 for children too and they want to go again next week!

4) Had Ikea meatballs and sauce at OH's.

5) OH took 3 or 4 boys to karate and said my smaller son did very well this week. :-)

6) Had brother round and (apart from his getting a bit upset) that was nice and we had a cup of tea in the garden and looked at the new guttering.

Update - OH's son 4 now going from primary care in little hospital to A and E in big hospital. :-(
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 May 2011 at 11:38PM
    Options
    Oh dear, just when my days are improving it seems almost everyone else is suffering somw bad ones. (((Hugs)))to everyone and wishing tomorrow will be better everywhere

1. A lovely long lie in, the first this week, followed by a lovely long shower and yummy brunch.
    2. Took my books back to the library, renewed Jonath Ross' Why Do I Say These Things, which I've yet to finish but which so far is very funny indeed
    3. Popped into the pharmacy to see in my scrip is in yet, it wasn't but will be tomorrow. Had a lovely chat with the assistant who knows almost everyone by name and takes an interest in their lives, families etc., and she's offered to bring my scrip to me when it arrives.
    4. Although the library and pharmacy are only a few yards from the baker and charity shop, I didn't visit either! So a nsd :D. Still can't believe how restrained I was
    5. My brother phoned me :eek:. An event which only happens once or twice a year at most so very noteworthy as I usually do the phoning. More secret organising for DM's 90th next week, I don't know who's more excited, us for arranging the 'do', or her in anticipation of her main present of a cruise :)

Night night, sweet dreams
    S x

eta Frith so pleased to read your #2, excellent news!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure