Next MSE Collective Switch Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Thanks, Fred, that was the one I couldn't re-find.

"which is the cheapest Big 6 tariff" - claimed yet again.

"The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over." J Goebbels
  • Bobblehat
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    "The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over." J Goebbels

Hey ...that sounds like me:rotfl:
  • vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now I'm really confused about what to do I can't risk the hassle of a small company that cannot be contacted easily or who may make errors (mainly due to serious health problems) It took a lot to move to dual fuel from BG and SE to the BG collective!

Seems that if I stay with BG dual then I go from £1100 to £1500 approx. If I take the switch at least it is to a known company and is estimated to save £268 pa

If I did the switch does the Cheap Energy Club use existing details like meter and account numbers, please?

TIA

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • jmnathan
    Options
    vigman wrote: »
    If I did the switch does the Cheap Energy Club use existing details like meter and account numbers, please?

Your new supplier will contact BG to request all of this information.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So obviously I am now going to do my own comparisons using all the sites (sigh), when will be the best time to set the wheels in motion timed with my BG ending on the 3rd Oct ?
  • vigman
    edited 6 September 2017 at 10:35AM
    Options
    Getting even more confused as British Gas Home Energy Secure to Aug 19 says I will only pay £4-34 PER YEAR more for gas than on the current collective? As said somewhere else " surely some mistake?"

Added info: OK just checked and I see that is it the electricity from BG that is getting hiked. My gas stays around £750 pa but my electricity goes from £350 to £750 approx!

Was it sensible to go dual fuel?

TIA

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • Reue
    Reue Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    vigman wrote: »
    Getting even more confused as British Gas Home Energy Secure to Aug 19 says I will only pay £4-34 PER YEAR more for gas than on the current collective? As said somewhere else " surely some mistake?"

I've no idea how they are (massively under-calculating) those predicted figures. The tariffs are:

Old gas: Unit rate 2.657p per kWh Standing charge 21.809p per day
    Old Elec: Unit rate 9.041p per kWh Standing charge 21.809p per day

New gas:

Unit rate 3.89p per kWh Standing charge 25.75p per day
    New Elec:

Unit rate 14.36p per kWh Standing charge 25.75p per day

So 7.882p difference in standing charge per day for both fuels. 365 days = £28.77 in standing charge increases alone. How on earth they can claim is "£6.29" extra spend per year (based on my account) I've no idea. The maths doesnt add up!
  • vigman
    Options
    Reue wrote: »
    I've no idea how they are (massively under-calculating) those predicted figures. The tariffs are:

Old gas: Unit rate 2.657p per kWh Standing charge 21.809p per day
    Old Elec: Unit rate 9.041p per kWh Standing charge 21.809p per day

New gas:

Unit rate 3.89p per kWh Standing charge 25.75p per day
    New Elec:

Unit rate 14.36p per kWh Standing charge 25.75p per day

So 7.882p difference in standing charge per day for both fuels. 365 days = £28.77 in standing charge increases alone. How on earth they can claim is "£6.29" extra spend per year (based on my account) I've no idea. The maths doesnt add up!

Really useful, thanks!

I logged back in and my annual gas increase had changed.......to £6-67 per year!?

Where's the British Gas rep to explain it has to increase by at least the rise in standing charges before the unit price hikes?

Vigman
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    edited 6 September 2017 at 11:53AM
    Options
    malamute wrote: »
    Wait for it EDF

Sorry .... what is the point you are trying to make in your post?

Did you see my previous posts (and others' posts) that have pointed out that the EDF collective switch is dearer than what EDF were offering a day or so before the switch was announced .... and dearer than another big 6 tariff that is not a collective switch and dearer than many, many smaller company tariffs?

If you were trying to make a different point ... please tell us.

Edit: - Quoted post now seems to have disappeared from the thread?
  • PEJ9
    Options
    MSE says you can change supplier within 50 days of your fixed tariff ends without incurring exit fees. I've just checked with British Gas and they've told me exit fees will apply until after the end date of the current tariff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure