Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    JamesRobinson48 appears to have made first mention (at least on this thread). Received my passbook yesterday.

Royal Mail and Principality have won my award for speed and efficiency on this one.

Posted my application on a Thursday afternoon with a second class stamp, received the passbook back on the Saturday, that's a rapid turnaround.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Already discussed from post #6645

Also, N&P (part of YBS) have an identical account. so you can have one of each.

Open it quick before the N&P brand disappears.

edit: appears the N&P account must be opened at any Norwich & Peterborough branch
    Easily missed..
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    BeachNut wrote: »
    Assuming you’ve not made any withdrawals, anything in the T&Cs stopping you from closing a fixed rate RS and opening a new higher variable rate issue 9 straight away ?

I've got Leeds 4 0.50% plus bonus and Leeds 5 paying 2.3% both £250 per month - not sure what would be the point in closing one or the other and opening a Leeds 9????
    Or have I missed something obvious?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I've got Leeds 4 0.50% plus bonus and Leeds 5 paying 2.3% both £250 per month - not sure what would be the point in closing one or the other and opening a Leeds 9????
    Or have I missed something obvious?

The obvious thing that you're missing is that Issue 9 will increase to 2.55% while issue 5, being fixed, remains at 2.3%.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    The obvious thing that you're missing is that Issue 9 will increase to 2.55% while issue 5, being fixed, remains at 2.3%.

Will there be consequences for closing the issue 5 - I've got a July 2018 maturity date?

So if I closed the issue 5 today can I do it myself online or do I need to ring up?
    And how do they pay the balance - do they send you a cheque or is it by BACs?
    And could I open an issue 9 also today, online and it would then reflect the upcoming interest rate rise in December??

(This would actually solve a forthcoming cash flow crisis - money needed for regular savers exceeding the money in the base account. I was just contemplating what was the more likely - getting back some of the money somebody owes me or getting something sold on ebay or amazon :))
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Will there be consequences for closing the issue 5 - I've got a July 2018 maturity date?

So if I closed the issue 5 today can I do it myself online or do I need to ring up?
    And how do they pay the balance - do they send you a cheque or is it by BACs?
    And could I open an issue 9 also today, online and it would then reflect the upcoming interest rate rise in December??

(This would actually solve a forthcoming cash flow crisis - money needed for regular savers exceeding the money in the base account. I was just contemplating what was the more likely - getting back some of the money somebody owes me or getting something sold on ebay or amazon :))

I do not thing you could close it before maturity July 2018 without loss of interest.

Can I withdraw money?
    • Access is limited to one withdrawal without notice or loss of interest prior to maturity and subject to the minimum operating balance of £50 being maintained.
    • You can withdraw up to a maximum of £300 in cash in branch. If you require more than this amount (up to a maximum of £1,000) you will need to provide the Society with 48 hours’ notice.
    • The account will mature at midnight on 31 July 2018. On the day after maturity (1 August 2018), your funds (including interest) will be transferred to an instant access maturity account. Full details including terms and conditions will be provided before maturity.
  • JamesRobinson48
    Options
    Last week Cambridge Building Society launched a new RS, Issue 6. The T&Cs look much the same as the preceding Issue 5 which it replaces (2.00% p.a., 12 months, max £300 per month). My reading of the T&Cs (if I'm not mistaken) is that the new Issue 6 can be held in addition to preceding RS issues. In my case, I subscribed to Issue 5 less than two weeks ago and now I'm going for Issue 6 as well. I thought I'd mention this as I haven't seen it on the thread.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Does anyone happen to have the KPI for Issue 8 of the Virgin E Saver?

As per the last one, its not easy to find, can someone help me? I am going to open store one next week and will ask what happens to Issue 1 which matures 1st December.

Alway grateful

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone happen to have the KPI for Issue 8 of the Virgin E Saver?

I think I have it, it's just a PDF of the webpage though since I couldn't find the download. I'm not in the country at the moment, so I can send it to your when I get back (Monday evening) if you PM your email.
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    All KPI's of Virgin's accounts can be found on the interest rates page
    https://uk.virginmoney.com/savings/helpful-information/find-your-interest-rate

Select previously offered
    Type of account: Online
    Subtype: E saver

Find your account
    click show details
    And finally on more information download
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories