Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that the Halifax and Club Lloyds Regular Savers require being an existing customer?
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that the Halifax and Club Lloyds Regular Savers require being an existing customer?

Yes they do. Must have a Club Lloyds account for the Club Lloyds Regular Saver, but a standard one will do for the 2% version. Details remain as they are recorded on the front page of the thread.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Club Lloyds Regular Saver requires you to have a Club Lloyds current account
  • FriendlyFoe
    Options
    Yeah you need a Halifax current account to get the RS and if you want the Club Lloyds RS you have to be a Club LLoyds current customer.

However the rules about early closure and not being able to open a new one within the year don't seem to be set in stone. I had to close my Halifax RS earlier this year and was able to open a new one recently. I was able to do the same thing with the Club Lloyds RS.

The Club Lloyds current account rate remains at 2%.

With regards to closing accounts online- it can be done easily and within minutes. You choose to renew the account early (BoS monthly saver and Club Lloyds Monthly Saver) then close. The Halifax RS has a straight closure option.

There seems to be a disconnect from policy implementation and how LBG internet banking actually functions in reality. An example of this is that I have opened a BoS monthly saver with no BoS current account- just Halifax. So the plan come December is to have both a Halifax RS and BoS RS contributing £500 total a month at 2.5%.

(I'm using monthly saver and regular saver interchangeably)
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have opened a BoS monthly saver with no BoS current account- just Halifax. So the plan come December is to have both a Halifax RS and BoS RS contributing £500 total a month at 2.5%.

Did you do it through a BOS internet banking login or did you open the BOS Reg saver from outside of internet banking?
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I may wait until the next BOE interest rate meeting just in case rates go up again.
  • schiff
    Options
    It's clear enough in the Club Lloyds T&Cs but oddly enough not in Halifax. I haven't got anything to switch right now but I've got a Bank of Scotland current account, so I can do their RS. I discontinued my previous BoS regular saver when it matured as I stopped doing 2%s.
  • schiff
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    I may wait until the next BOE interest rate meeting just in case rates go up again.

Decisions were easy when it was clear that base rate would stay static.
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »

When is that?
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 November 2017 at 3:22PM
    Options
    When is that?
    Thu 14 Dec
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories