Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Cheery :)

The amounts sound a lot, but you're not exactly spend it on gold jewellery and caviar :)

Erm, I'm glad you didn't end up like :eek:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Indeed KC (on both counts) although there has been rather too much frittering this month for my liking... :eek:

On that note... budget done for April :j :j

Given myself £100 spends - surely got to be able to manage that :o:o

Various pots topped up

£122 car repairs
    £185 home maintenance
    £25 Christmas :o :rotfl:
    £200 holidays
    £202.24 no quibbles
    £6282.59 Patchwork Fund :j :j

Currently keeping the last 2 months of patchwork savings in the current account rather than transferring over to the ISA - I'm anticipating we're going to need some of it for house-related things (although we're trying to do most things without touching it) and ISA has a 30 day notice period.

Although, thinking about it, we've got a £1000 emergency fund in the current account anyway, so some of that could go over to ISA before the end of the financial year... Don't think there's going to be anything drastic that requires ludicrous money re the house til we actually start paying for surveys etc, and we're a way off that.

Anyway, we have designated April as Healthy April, or 'Healthpril' for short :rotfl: Complete mouthful, but once we said it, it stuck :rotfl: So eating well, exercising and generally looking after ourselves, which has come unstuck rather a lot lately :o
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Although, thinking about it, we've got a £1000 emergency fund in the current account anyway, so some of that could go over to ISA before the end of the financial year...
    Erm, you've got three days :D
    Anyway, we have designated April as Healthy April, or 'Healthpril' for short :rotfl: Complete mouthful, but once we said it, it stuck :rotfl: So eating well, exercising and generally looking after ourselves, which has come unstuck rather a lot lately :o
    :rotfl: brilliant name, irresistible, no wonder it stuck :T
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Yep, I'll get on the case by Friday. Might stick one more month's worth in there (or perhaps bring it up to a round number?) We'll see.

Healthpril makes me giggle every time I think of it :rotfl:

went to slimming world last night - I paid 12 weeks upfront in January and this was the last of those 12 weeks. Want to know how much I've lost in total in that time??

go on, have a guess...

... that's right, half a pound :o :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bloody ridiculous! My own fault, of course, haven't stuck to it at all :o :rotfl:

However, I'm counting it as a minor success because in the 12 weeks before *that* I actually put on an entire stone :eek: So staying roughly the same is fine, it could have been a lot worse!

Healthpril couldn't have come at a better time :D

Working at home today, so not anticipating spending anything other than a small donation at the meeting tonight.

Minor panic yesterday at work as someone somewhere hadn't signed a form and there was a chance that the money for my small new project could be lost because it was the funder's year end yesterday :eek: :eek: Fortunately we managed to sort it out and everything is safe :j This is the one that's paying for me to work Friday's til September.

Today will mostly be spent finishing a larger proposal to fund my entire job for the next 18 months or so :eek: Wish me luck!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Ooh, very best of luck! Must feel very odd to apply for the funding for your own job, but some rellies have to do that now, in the health provision sector. Bit spooky ...
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Doesn't quite feel real if I'm honest - I've never had to do it before! At my grade I'm officially not responsible for bringing in my own research funding, and I've always accepted I'll have to leave at the end of each contract - but never had to as someone else has always just won a big project that I can work on.

This time I'm in a position to apply for funding of my own, and nobody else has a specific project I can work on at the minute, so this is the situation I find myself in. However, my current funding runs out in a couple of weeks so this really should have been sorted out sooner! :eek: (not just my fault!)

Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Most exciting news of the day is my lovely lavender and chamomile candle I have on my desk has just run out, so I get to light the gorgeous stripey pink rose-smelling one instead :j :j

:rotfl:
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When I got the job I'm in now I had to not only apply for funding but was expected to write my own job description too :rotfl:

:rotfl: and :eek: alternately re slimming world!! Half a pound? That sounds like something I would do! Still it's better than putting on a stone I suppose.

I'm liking the Healthpril idea. It would make me smile too :D
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Tis indeed better than putting on a stone!! :rotfl:

Bit baffled this morning by sheer amount of policemen in town at 7.30am :eek: cordens all through town and to station - no idea what was going on, everyone looking stern.

Turns out the queen is coming :rotfl: Shows how much attention I pay to such things!! :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Oh my! Hope she gets time to pop in to yours, Cheery :)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    She can pop in if she likes but it's a right old tip and I'm in York so she wouldn't get much of a reception :rotfl: :rotfl:

Healthpril going well - just successfully resisted biscuits and chocolate at work coffee time (one of my major hurdles) :j Second major hurdle is train station... :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure